Aqua vs Concierge on Millenium

kraftyone2011

You get everything in Aqua class that you do in Concierge with the exception of the embarkation luncheon in the MDR. However Aqua give you Blu as your dining venue which is much smaller and much better service that the MDR. It's open for breakfast and dinner. You also get unlimited access to Persian Gardens. If the two are about the same in price I'd take Aqua in a heartbeat, especially on an M-class ship. Since they've gotten rid of the Ocean Liners (think Murano) specialty restaurants, we'd rather eat in Blu than and of the specialties on board, and prefer the ambience of Blu to the MDR.

For me the major difference is that Aqua staterooms have access to Blu, which is essentially the MDR for Aqua.  Blu is a much smaller dinning room, and is open for breakfast and dinner.  I don't find Blu quite as nice as Luminae (the dining room for suites) but is much preferable for us over the MDR.  Just a much quieter experience.  And I actually prefer the design of Blu on the M-class ships over the design on the S-class ships.

• Thanks 1

Vote for Aqua.  Nice shower system, plus Blu.  The embarkation lunch isn’t anything special.   We had it a few times when doing a B2B as it was a perk for everyone doing B2B.   Overall the amenities are better in AQ 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 minute ago, miched said:

Vote for Aqua.  Nice shower system, plus Blu.  The embarkation lunch isn’t anything special.   We had it a few times when doing a B2B as it was a perk for everyone doing B2B.   Overall the amenities are better in AQ 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I haven't yet sailed on a ship that has undergone the Revolution, but I think the body jet shower system is being removed 😢 If Milly's been revolutionized, it's probably gone. 

45 minutes ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Jetted shower is gone with the revolution.  Replaced by, IMHO, a substandard shower head.  Give me a basic motel  shower head and it is better than the shower head which is a ring- think halo, water sprays around the ring nothing in the center.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

Jetted shower is gone with the revolution.  Replaced by, IMHO, a substandard shower head.  Give me a basic motel  shower head and it is better than the shower head which is a ring- think halo, water sprays around the ring nothing in the center.

Yuck. That sounds very inefficient for rinsing shampoo or conditioner from hair.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

OMG! That will require at least a half hour to get the shampoo rinsed out of my long thick mop of hair! Glad our next cruise is on the Reflection pre revolution. Why do they mess with a good thing? Shaking my head.😲

13 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Yuck. That sounds very inefficient for rinsing shampoo or conditioner from hair.

You got that right️  We liked most of the updates but the shower was disappointing.

Fortunately you guys are on the Eclipse  pre revolution.  I hope to start focusing on that trip soon.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I guess  Revolution means they are regressing instead of progressing.  

The first  time we  sailed on X was 2010.  It was in AQ.  That is what basically  sold us on X.   Thru the years the amenities in AQ have  been slowly eliminated or cheapened.  

Thanks for the info

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

23 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You got that right️  We liked most of the updates but the shower was disappointing.

Fortunately you guys are on the Eclipse  pre revolution.  I hope to start focusing on that trip soon.

We are going to be on her in between now and our shared cruise with you also. We had a conflict with our scheduled "Celebrate Retirement" cruise in January, so we transferred the booking number to a really good "last minute" deal from Honolulu to Vancouver in October. We are Aqua on that one, so I get to see what the current shower situation is. 

1 hour ago, kraftyone2011 said:

I went with the Aqua.  Will have to definitely try Blu

Excellent choice. Blu is nice.  Less crowded with excellent service.  It is also much quieter. On most ships, you can order from the Blu menu or the main dining room menu.  Enjoy!

So, I will vote for Concierge.  But for a simple reason.  We like sitting at a large table with other people, usually the same group thru the cruise.  At BLU, they always just seat you with whomever you arrived with (if just a couple, then just the two of you).  They don't put people together, so if you like to socialize with others at dinner, you are out of luck. And, the one time we were upgraded to Aqua, we had to really work hard to get re-assigned to the MDR.    So, BLU is great if you like to eat alone or you are traveling with companions, but wasn't our preference. 

20 hours ago, cookiersmom said:

So, I will vote for Concierge.  But for a simple reason.  We like sitting at a large table with other people, usually the same group thru the cruise.  At BLU, they always just seat you with whomever you arrived with (if just a couple, then just the two of you).  They don't put people together, so if you like to socialize with others at dinner, you are out of luck. And, the one time we were upgraded to Aqua, we had to really work hard to get re-assigned to the MDR.    So, BLU is great if you like to eat alone or you are traveling with companions, but wasn't our preference. 

No they don’t put people together at tables in Blu. But, the tables in Blu (both M and S class) are close together, so it is easy to converse with others. Some complain that the tables are too close together and you can’t have a private conversation. I have, occasionally, been seated next to folks who didn’t want to converse. I travel solo and enjoy my own company, so not a problem for me. Different strokes for different folks.