Android Medallion Class App

Ombud

I deleted all the apps except Ocean Ready in anticipation of the 'new and improved'  Medallion Class App which was supposed to be here last week. I sail October 14, 2019. Should I reinstall them as the app isn't here? Or just Ocean Now as the others are basically useless? Frustrated ... WWYD? 🤔

Edited by Ombud

Interesting ...

Installed on my 3yr old phone, Android 7.1.1

Installed on an old phone I use onlu as MP3 player, Android 6.0.1

Playstore says not available for my tablet, Android 8.1.1

All Samsung devices

So, it's still a work in progress?  Really?

I just installed it a few minutes ago on Samsung 8.  Looks like it updated/replaced former OCEAN Now app on my phone.  I still have the other OCEAN Apps.  Looking forward to seeing it working on the Crown in Nov.

After a quick look, it seems I cannot access my wife's info like I could with OCEAN Ready.  She does show as my travel companion.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

Just installed on my Samsung Galaxy S6, OS 7.0. Thank you to all who contributed to this thread!

Our journey on the Enchanted is too far out to recognize, but I was able to load all of my data in ❤️

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 4:29 PM, pms4104 said:

Interesting ...

Installed on my 3yr old phone, Android 7.1.1

Installed on an old phone I use onlu as MP3 player, Android 6.0.1

Playstore says not available for my tablet, Android 8.1.1

All Samsung devices

So, it's still a work in progress?  Really?

Which size screens to support (handset, tablet, tv, etc) is a developer decision.

That the app doesn't install on a tablet doesn't indicate that it isn't finished, just

that someone decided that it shouldn't...

17 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

Which size screens to support (handset, tablet, tv, etc) is a developer decision.

That the app doesn't install on a tablet doesn't indicate that it isn't finished, just

that someone decided that it shouldn't...

I suspect that's the issue. Pretty short sighted decision if true, as many of us don't use our phones for this sort of thing, and on board the phones stay in the safe. Does the Apple version of the new app work on iPads as well as iPhones? 

Also, FWIW, I installed the new Android app on a Microsoft Surface Windows tablet, using Bluestacks. Sets up and runs fine, albeit a bit slow due the emulation. And it runs as a phone app, so no widescreen tablet format.

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

Interesting.  Went to get  the app and it had already installed automatically.  Of course it lost my passport data again, but that seems to be normal with Ocean Ready.

Yes, happened to me - but not right away.   When I first installed new Medallion Android app, all was fine.  Then seemed to not recognize that our Passport info was there.  That is resolved now.

• 2 months later...

Well, on my Samsung Galaxy S7, I uninstalled all previous versions of the Princess programs. I then installed Medallionclass on my phone again. Hoping beyond hope that I'd be able to run Ocean Ready, I logged into Medallionclass and when I clicked "Get OceanReady", I received the succinct note "Could not start OceanReady."

I've finally stopped sobbing and wiped most of the tears from my eyes so that I could add my note to this thread. May you all sail smooth waters with your working Medallionclass app.

9 hours ago, Captain Ratty said:

Well, on my Samsung Galaxy S7, I uninstalled all previous versions of the Princess programs. I then installed Medallionclass on my phone again. Hoping beyond hope that I'd be able to run Ocean Ready, I logged into Medallionclass and when I clicked "Get OceanReady", I received the succinct note "Could not start OceanReady."

I've finally stopped sobbing and wiped most of the tears from my eyes so that I could add my note to this thread. May you all sail smooth waters with your working Medallionclass app.

Looks like your in the same boat as we are. They no longer support the OceanReady app and the Medallionclass app isn't designed to operate with older model smartphones. 

It's irritating but I don't see it as a big setback except that they won't mail the medallions to your home and it'll force you to stand in line at the terminal to receive your medallions.