Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We will roll out the red carpet for you.

Just a heads up, it’s going to be a fast turn around. Quick and dirty IMO.  They want to sail by 3pm. I suspect Mariner is coming in after us.

If everyone arrives that says so, there will be approximately 5,500 guests. As of now there are approximately 800 that have not reported if they are showing up tomorrow or not. This ship might seem a little quieter for this short sailing. 

As for numbers, I might have better info tonight after dinner. 

But they've also invited a ton of Mariner folks from the Monday sailing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Racer26 said:

That many?  I expected it to be a very light load, given all the people who would've canceled rather than wait it out in FL.

Me too. 

2 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

Surprised by that high of a number on the shortened cruise. Maybe a lot from the cancelled Mariner sailing may have taken the option to cruise on the shortened Harmony cruise for free. 

Yes, rumour has it the number is around 800. 

2 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

Please tell me this is available on all sailings for all passengers? My kids would freak out! LOL.

Don't show the pic to your kids. This was a first for us, and a rare event on Harmony. Our dinner companion said it does not happen often, and was a way to thank C&A members for survive an interesting week. If we had we had to guess it was for Diamond and above. 

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

Some of us are raising our lactose-intolerant hands right now. 

Bring the squatty potty. It may help, unless a there is a repeat of the Princess Cruise poomani. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

But they've also invited a ton of Mariner folks from the Monday sailing

John was one of them.

Andrew or anyone else currently on Harmony...

1 - do you know how many are staying onboard?

2 - Have those who are already onboard been able to make specialty restaurant reservations for Thu - Fri - Sat nights?  I ask as we have the Unlimited Dining Plan but wondering if we will be able to get reservations if many spots already reserved. 

Thank you

6 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

Andrew or anyone else currently on Harmony...

1 - do you know how many are staying onboard?

2 - Have those who are already onboard been able to make specialty restaurant reservations for Thu - Fri - Sat nights?  I ask as we have the Unlimited Dining Plan but wondering if we will be able to get reservations if many spots already reserved. 

Thank you

I was talking with a Genie that we know and he said that speciality dining is being booked on board, as in starting tomorrow at embarkation.  Supposedly there will be many booking stations  set up in the RP. I am thinking that also applies for people on board this week, for the short sailing. 

Glad to see you are coming along after all. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I was talking with a Genie that we know and he said that speciality dining is being booked on board, as in starting tomorrow at embarkation.  Supposedly there will be many booking stations  set up in the RP. I am thinking that also applies for people on board this week, for the short sailing. 

Glad to see you are coming along after all. 

Thank you. We drove down from Nashville to Destin, FL yesterday and have enjoyed 2 great days on the beach here. Leaving at 3am tonight to head over to Port Canaveral. We turned it into a beach and cruise week. 

• Like 3

At Captain’s Corner there was one in the group. You know, the salty old man that Simeon suggests that they get the pickle removed from their rear. 

This old coot started his question with the statement that he lived in Florida and that he wasn’t notified about the change of itinerary. The entire room let out a collective grown, as he followed with he fact that he had been to the Western Caribbean many times.  It was followed by we still could have gone to the original ports as the storm wasn’t there.

Well his questions were answered with politeness, where as the rest of us in the audience were ready to tell him to suck it. I turned around to see him leaving right after he spoke his mind. Didn’t even wait till the end. Micheal Bailey, your letter is coming. 😉🤣

78427D54-A780-4C5A-B0FD-239A91854DC9.thumb.jpeg.bdd5acfa2dc09bdd8155cf5b0242fadb.jpeg

I also saw him a little later on deck five. He was walking by with two ice cream’s in his hands.  Obviously he’s getting his money’s worth on this cruise of awfulness that he was forced to be on.  Hope he is lactose intolerant.

EA7FB9BC-D95D-4E92-B699-83F4ECE0B3D6.thumb.jpeg.801010a3a7eb22988be01a649399a831.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

Thank you. We drove down from Nashville to Destin, FL yesterday and have enjoyed 2 great days on the beach here. Leaving at 3am tonight to head over to Port Canaveral. We turned it into a beach and cruise week. 

Lemons into lemonade.  Too bad the old guy didn’t look at it the same way. He could open a stand for the amount of sour he had. 

• Like 3

Dinner tonight was at Jamie’s. Amazing food and great company. 

Sometimes the best things are done on short notice. We were able to have dinner tonight with a friend who works on board the ship. We saw each other in passing through the week but he was pretty busy. We talked about food, family, a little about work, then home life and sports. It’s always nice to catch up with friends.

7EE1E198-90B4-4725-834A-2023BFA84428.thumb.jpeg.da085f19cce2740540c7af5bfafe5076.jpeg

765BA3B4-8AD2-4E7B-91D3-555C95853D29.thumb.jpeg.d1653de481242922306284f95eb1f01b.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kidless said:

Be kind...... you never know what his story is! 😊 

LOL, true. I’m actually a very sympathetic individual but I have to say his best recourse would have been a letter to MB.  He might have had some traction there compared to a Q&A secession.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight was at Jamie’s. Amazing food and great company. 

Sometimes the best things are done on short notice. We were able to have dinner tonight with a friend who works on board the ship. We saw each other in passing through the week but he was pretty busy. We talked about food, family, a little about work, then home life and sports. It’s always nice to catch up with friends.

Nice. I bet he told you he's just along for the ride.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow super nice cabin, want to see LOTS of Pics!! Is this the first you mentioned what cabin you have? I have been away and missed some of your prior posts.

First mention of cabin location. Only two Star Class cabins became available and I was first to next cruise. If not we would have stayed in our current cabin. Third person rate was $99 and the adult rates were very very decent. 😉

Let’s just say will make up for the $100 fare difference between Sky and Star in the laundry, let alone the specialty dining and drink packages. Most economical two weeks at sea ever. 😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

• Clarea changed the title to Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...
50 minutes ago, mcgore83 said:

As always, Andrew, I am enjoying your review.  I have been following your reviews for years.  They are always awesome.  Thank you for taking the time to share with us.  You have a beautiful family.

Thank you on all fronts. With the uncertainty this sailing there were obviously a few interesting moments but what’s a familiar holiday without them. Thankfully not as many as the Griswolds. 

• Haha 1