Splendor Update?

coljack

As I just-posted on another Thread--"Explorer vs. Splendor (or visa versa):  Whatever.  Currently aboard Explorer at St. Petersburg.  Several key personnel--including CD John Barron and the Food and Beverage Manager (with whom we had a pleasant dinner two nights ago at Chartreuse)  have shared their anticipated transfer planning timetable as to making the switch from Explorer to Splendor.   The Captain has been on board for a long time.  

I will pass on the above suggestion as to Regent management providing graphic (and narrative) updates to eager clients (including moi) who anticipate boarding within the next six-seven month time frame.  

GOARMY!

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:17 PM, Hambagahle said:

Would be a lot of fun if Regent would post weekly updates - or even monthly updates - as to how things are going.

Agree with you but do understand that photos of the interior is still a long ways off.  Before the Explorer christening cruise, the interior of the ship was barely finished - still missing some artwork and many other things.  Agree that monthly updates would be nice.

I realise that the interior decoration etc is something that happens right at the end BUT still it would be really really nice to get monthly updates.   Showing photos of unfinished space - and then progress - would be really interesting.

I just hope that with Christmas and New Year holidays coming slightly over a month before the first voyage things don't get too delayed!

At the Seven Seas Society cocktail party a few days back while on Explorer, CD John Barron showed a short video on the big screen(s) of Splendor at the time of it's initial "christening" ceremony when launched into the water.  Champagne bottle breaking and all.   John explained this is customary to recognize completion of the initial construction phase; and yes, Splendor floats.  Exterior shots only, bow to stern.  

GOARMY!

5 hours ago, GOARMY said:

At the Seven Seas Society cocktail party a few days back while on Explorer, CD John Barron showed a short video on the big screen(s) of Splendor at the time of it's initial "christening" ceremony when launched into the water.  Champagne bottle breaking and all.   John explained this is customary to recognize completion of the initial construction phase; and yes, Splendor floats.  Exterior shots only, bow to stern.  

GOARMY!

I’d assume that the exterior shots would look very similar to Explorer...

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

I think that you should take a vacation from work - go to Italy and take photos of the interior of the ship.  Just a suggestion😉

Send me a First Class round trip ticket and I’ll take more pictures than you’d know what to do with...

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, Kwaj girl said:

Hope it's on target - we're booked on the 1st voyage out of Barcelona!

We are also booked on that cruise and are a little anxious! We are sailing on the Marinerin about a week. When I called the line for a special request on the Mariner I asked the rep if they had any updates. He said updates would be coming out in about a month but have not seen anything yet. He did say that at a company meeting recently they were told it was ahead of schedule. I hope!

On 9/10/2019 at 3:43 AM, Hambagahle said:

here is a link to the video of the christening and the float out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDOGo3GfKVo

That was quite a while ago...  late winter I think.

7 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I suppose that most of the work that needs doing now is interior, finishing.  That takes a lot of time.  

Agree!  Wish I could remember where I read that Splendor is ahead of schedule.  Think that I read too much!

I remember seeing a video of the Explorer with carpets still being laid right prior - night before - the Christening Cruise.   Somehow everything came into place - but Jackie you were on that cruise!  How did you find the ship when you boarded?  Were there carpenters and electricians all over the place or did it look "together" ??

3 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I remember seeing a video of the Explorer with carpets still being laid right prior - night before - the Christening Cruise.   Somehow everything came into place - but Jackie you were on that cruise!  How did you find the ship when you boarded?  Were there carpenters and electricians all over the place or did it look "together" ??

Keep in mind that there were supposed to be two cruises (with TA's, etc.) before the christening cruise.  The first one was cancelled as Explorer was delivered late.  When we boarded, the ship looked complete - all carpeting in place - few work people around (but they did show up when the ship was in port and guests were ashore).  The artwork was not all up but it is not something that was noticeable.  FDR was still installing artwork when the ship arrived  in Miami.  So, I suspect that the interesting work on Splendor should be happening in January.