Mens sauna, steam room?

12 minutes ago, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

Hi I am planning a cruise this spring (2020) and I wanted to know which RCCL ships still have a free mens sauna or steam room? Thanks and much appreciated.

Mitch

Welcome to CC. So apparently a sauna/steam room is an important deciding factor for the cruise line you pick. What ship?

Edited by davekathy

9 minutes ago, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

yes I workout 2x a day plus cardio so it is important for me, that's why I am open to picking a ship on any cruise lime that still has these facilities 

All RC ships have a fitness centers. Usually the gym hours are from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Check your Cruise Compass. 

Edited by davekathy

That is true, I just relax more in separate facilities, I enjoy the quiet and genially speaking I don't have to make conversation there after a work out, when I have been in mixed sex rooms, it is hard to not to be rude to people and not like be forced into a conversation when i am exhausted, I find in an all male setting, just a glance from me is enough to indicate I do not want to engage 

34 minutes ago, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

Hi I am planning a cruise this spring (2020) and I wanted to know which RCCL ships still have a free mens sauna or steam room? Thanks and much appreciated.

Mitch

Mariner was the last ship updated where Royal left the sauna/steam room intact.  Right now, I believe all the Radiance,  Voyager (except Navigator), and Freedom class ships still have the sauna/steam rooms.    As each ship goes into dry dock, I think there's a good chance the sauna/steam rooms are removed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

That is true, I just relax more in separate facilities, I enjoy the quiet and genially speaking I don't have to make conversation there after a work out, when I have been in mixed sex rooms, it is hard to not to be rude to people and not like be forced into a conversation when i am exhausted, I find in an all male setting, just a glance from me is enough to indicate I do not want to engage 

We've been on the Voyager class, Freedom class and Radiance class ships and they have the steam room/saunas located in the changing, shower area. 

Edited by davekathy

I was researching this last night and there is a separate general cc forum that talks about men’s sauna and steam.  It matched what Bob said that navigator is the only one people know of so far where it had been free but has been removed.  See the August  1st post on men’s spa facilities.  It lists which are free and which are for pay.  I wish royal had a place we could check for this.

It is harder to find sauna/steam info---it usually isn't marked on the deck plans or on the info for the ship (although sometimes the paid thermal suite is marketed by the cruise line).

We purchase a refundable rate so that if a ship had a sauna but got rid of it then we have options.  As Bob says, it is hard to tell what will happen with future dry docks.  Also, web searches are challenging when some have had them in the past but no longer do....

From the other board I mentioned, combined with other research (someone please correct any errors!)

Still free steam and sauna as of now, but dry docks are coming for some of these: 

Adventure of the sea 

Brilliance of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas

Grandeur fo the Seas

Independence of the Seas

Jewel of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas

Rhapsody of the Seas

Vision of the Seas

Questionable

Voyager of the Seas (dry dock soon)

No sauna:

Enchantment of the Seas (removed a while back)

Navigator of the Seas (only a steam for those who booked treatments)

Splendor (only a complimentary steam)

We are wiling to pay for the sauna so I'm most interested in which boat have no sauna at all.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, maxcat910 said:

It is harder to find sauna/steam info---it usually isn't marked on the deck plans or on the info for the ship (although sometimes the paid thermal suite is marketed by the cruise line).

We purchase a refundable rate so that if a ship had a sauna but got rid of it then we have options.  As Bob says, it is hard to tell what will happen with future dry docks.  Also, web searches are challenging when some have had them in the past but no longer do....

From the other board I mentioned, combined with other research (someone please correct any errors!)

Still free steam and sauna as of now, but dry docks are coming for some of these: 

Adventure of the sea 

Brilliance of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas

Grandeur fo the Seas

Independence of the Seas

Jewel of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas

Rhapsody of the Seas

Vision of the Seas

Questionable

No sauna:

We are wiling to pay for the sauna so I'm most interested in which boat have no sauna at all.

Splendor is a Carnival ship.  Splendour of the Seas left the RC fleet a few years ago.

• 1 year later...

Hey all,  I am taking the first guinea pig cruise out of bermuda on vision of the seas June 26th this year.  I am traveling with eldery parents and an older cousin.  I have been told some areas will have restricted numbers to be allowed to use certain facilities  like the gym.  I am an avid user of the sauna and steam room to relax and getaway from the family.  Can anyone tell me how big the mens steam room and sauna is.    I assume they will limit people to try to establish some distancing.  I hope at least 2-4 people at a time can use the sauna and steam.  We are doing alot of sailing no where so will be there alot.   

On 9/1/2019 at 1:45 PM, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

Hey there,

HOw big was the mens steam room and sauna on vision of the seas?  I am going on the first cruise out of bermuda June 26th.  They tell me there will be limited numbers in certain facilities.  I hope the steam room could hold at least 4 people safely.  I assume they are trying to get some distancing between people.  We are cruising 7 days really on ly to cocoacay island then back to bermuda.  I am traveling with elderly family and will need to rela and getaway.

Thanks

John

On 4/29/2021 at 9:49 PM, jtcin said:

Hey there,

HOw big was the mens steam room and sauna on vision of the seas?  I am going on the first cruise out of bermuda June 26th.  They tell me there will be limited numbers in certain facilities.  I hope the steam room could hold at least 4 people safely.  I assume they are trying to get some distancing between people.  We are cruising 7 days really on ly to cocoacay island then back to bermuda.  I am traveling with elderly family and will need to rela and getaway.

Thanks

John

The sauna on Vision as I recall has two tiers of seating and in ordinary times might seat 8 to 10 at most. The steam room was comparatively large, though if I remember right had bench seating only along the back wall, or possibly two walls. The sauna door was clear glass, as was the steam room door, but it would usually fog up, and if the lights were dimmed in the steam room, you could see out, but those outside could not see into the steam room. There were a couple of showers with doors or curtains (can't remember which) on one side of the wet area, and a pair of showers on the other side that were rather open, curiously. The locker area and toilet are outside of the wet area.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean's Ovation of the Seas or Serenade of the Seas have a men's only sauna and/or steamroom? They just announced sailing out of Seattle for Alaska this summer. I think they have in the past but I've heard that some have been removed on some ships. 

Edited by mjs99mjs

Ovation of the Seas and all Royal's ships starting with Oasis do not have separate facilities, only a mixed-sex thermal suite in the spa. Some of the older ships, like Navigator and Freedom, have also had these facilities removed (and in Navigator's case, not replaced with a thermal suite).

Serenade still has separate locker rooms with separate steam/sauna facilities.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, maxcat910 said:

Adventure of the sea 

Brilliance of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas

Grandeur fo the Seas

Independence of the Seas

Jewel of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas

Rhapsody of the Seas

Vision of the Seas

Questionable

No sauna:

Freedom has removed sauna.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...