3 for free is now listed on some cruises

Orangefan

Just looked at our 2020 Hawaii cruise. It is also listed with 3 for Free but price is the same for our suite.

Even with free grats and OBC, it still comes out over $1,000 more than price we paid with our agent.

We also have a non refundable deposit.

We were offered a refundable one with a higher price and so to save more than $2,000 on the cruise we thought the NON refundable one was the better deal.

Edited by riffatsea

I booked a Caribbean cruise for Feb 2021 with the Sip and Sail promotion.  Today I checked the price with 3 for free and  not only does this promotion have a non refundable deposit but the price increased $50 pp.  I prefer the 3 for free promotion because we don't drink much but not sure I want to pay more and also have a non refundable deposit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, minniem said:

I booked a Caribbean cruise for Feb 2021 with the Sip and Sail promotion.  Today I checked the price with 3 for free and  not only does this promotion have a non refundable deposit but the price increased $50 pp.  I prefer the 3 for free promotion because we don't drink much but not sure I want to pay more and also have a non refundable deposit.

We booked last year's cruise under Sip and Sail; since I don't drink anything but water or lemonade, I asked if they could switch out the promo...they gave me $600 OBC instead (for a 14 night cruise).  That worked out perfectly; don't see the benefit of having a perk like a beverage package that I won't use.  The OBC was a great alternative.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

We booked last year's cruise under Sip and Sail; since I don't drink anything but water or lemonade, I asked if they could switch out the promo...they gave me $600 OBC instead (for a 14 night cruise).  That worked out perfectly; don't see the benefit of having a perk like a beverage package that I won't use.  The OBC was a great alternative.

I did not know that was possible.  I will remember for next time.  Thanks for the information.

2 hours ago, minniem said:

Call whomever you booked with and ask for the N9 Refundable Rate Code and not the K9 Code that you are seeing online .

Our cruise fare after discounts for our Baltic cruise came down $40 for three for free.  But to book that we would lose $180 in perks adding up the OBC + free gratuities given for 3 for free compared to the $500 in OBC we got for the Landmark sale.  No deal for us!

20 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

I just refared our four cabins with 3FF and our fare went down over $100pp, plus picked up grat's and OBC for all of us (not just first two in cabin). Still refundable deposit!! Check the popup window when doing a mock booking. 

My TA was told my cruise is only being offered with a non refundable deposit.  It is not part of any sale.

3 minutes ago, dog said:

My TA was told my cruise is only being offered with a non refundable deposit.  It is not part of any sale.

dog ... not doubting your TA at all ... but how about posting your cruise here, if you want... some pretty good posters on here who may be able to help you in the right direction ... worth a shot ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

I just refared our four cabins with 3FF and our fare went down over $100pp, plus picked up grat's and OBC for all of us (not just first two in cabin). Still refundable deposit!! Check the popup window when doing a mock booking. 

Well in the last 15 minutes Princess changed 3FF from refundable deposit to nonrefundable deposit on the website. They must have caught it. Glad I called early!

39 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Well in the last 15 minutes Princess changed 3FF from refundable deposit to nonrefundable deposit on the website. They must have caught it. Glad I called early!

Ok for those who asked. I was not booking a cruise with the 3FF deposit, since mine is for spring 2020.

My TA said Princess would only book it with a non refundable deposit.

I called Princess, went through booking process with a woman, as she assured me my FCD IS FULLY REFUNDABLE even though the promotion says non refundable deposit. She put me on hold, lost connection.

I called back and went through booking process with another agent and he assured me my FCD are refundable in this situation. They have more flexibility with FCD. If cancelled by final payment FCD go back in my account, if expired they are refunded to credit card.

1 hour ago, dog said:

Ok for those who asked. I was not booking a cruise with the 3FF deposit, since mine is for spring 2020.

I called Princess, went through booking process with a woman, as she assured me my FCD IS FULLY REFUNDABLE even though the promotion says non refundable deposit. She put me on hold, lost connection.

I called back and went through booking process with another agent and he assured me my FCD are refundable in this situation. They have more flexibility with FCD. If cancelled by final payment FCD go back in my account, if expired they are refunded to credit card.

You may want to ask... while you may not lose the FCD if re-booking, you may lose the OBC that went with it.

Edited by Adventures ahead

4 hours ago, MCC retired said:

Call whomever you booked with and ask for the N9 Refundable Rate Code and not the K9 Code that you are seeing online .

Thank you so much for that information.  I was able to book with a refundable deposit, important to us since we are in our 70's and the cruise is a year and a half from now.

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, dog said:

Okay, after my third call, speaking with a supervisor, she confirmed the previous 2 agents were correct. Even though the written confirmation says 10% non refundable as of today, they would still refund the FCD, as described above.