New embarkation procedures? Keys in room?

BURNS1

2 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

I've never gotten my card punched.  Do all ships have the same punch?  If it's the "slit", is it the standard size that would fit a regular badge holder clip?

The best and worst positions to punch SeaPass cards are not the same on all ships.

43 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

I've never gotten my card punched.  Do all ships have the same punch?  If it's the "slit", is it the standard size that would fit a regular badge holder clip?

I've had both slit and hole.  (and yes, the slit would hold a badge clip device)

I doubt Navigator was refitted with the RFID door locks, so most likely either type of punch would be usable there -- just keep one bar code and the magnetic strip intact.  

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you really need a slit but they only have the round one , ask to punch a couple of holes next to each other. 

Thanks.  I just wanted to know what type of badge clip to bring with me.  I've seen some people mention the holes and some mention the slits.

1 minute ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Thanks.  I just wanted to know what type of badge clip to bring with me.  I've seen some people mention the holes and some mention the slits.

Bring both, then you are covered.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2019 at 8:55 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Ironic thing is 30yrs ago on Royal keys were in your room. They were the old 1980's Hotel style with Swiss cheese style holes in them. Even had holder by the door to store them which made then easy to forget when going out.

Your post  caught our eyes. Back in March 1991 we sailed on RCI first 3 ships, The sun Viking. You described the sea pass card perfectly. We're from the era of scrapbooks, and we have a scrapbook from that ship. In that scrapbook is our 2 sea pass cards from 1991. We bring it with us on every  cruise for anyone who likes history. We have pictures of the ship and some of the shows. The Village People act was done even back then, like the Love & marriage game, which had 4 couples back then and which we won as newlyweds. 😍

• Like 2