Elite questions

amajaa

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We've sent in laundry for years now & finally gave up due to all the shrunken/damaged items. Occasionally we'll send in things to be "cleaned" but no longer washed. Even at that it will only be older items we can afford to take a chance with. We've had tiny holes in slips, shirts, shrunken underwear, shrunken socks but never anything missing. 

I would never give them one of my better blouses or slacks to clean.

Although many people swear by their laundry (hot or cold), I've see what can happen.

If you like living dangerously then give it a try.

Princess will reimburse you for damage should anything happen. 

Wow, first time I've seen someone post that their laundry has come back with the same issues mine has when sending out my laundry.  Once sent out a bright red Princess logo (embroidered) t shirt that came back with several large black stains across the back.  Steward send it back.  Shirt came back a dull red, 4 inches shorter and 4 inches wider.  Took it to PSD and they gave me a nice amount of OBC. Now only send out jeans, socks and items I don't care how they might come back.

We sent out several small batches on our August cruise. 

Checked "Laundry" for husband's underwear and socks.

Checked "Cleaned" for anything else that I would wash in cold water and dry on delicate at home.

Didn't sent anything with spandex or lycra or that I would air dry at home.

Had no problems. We really appreciate this perk and don't spend time in the ship's laundry room any more!

It's also convenient to use priority tender in a port where you may have an independent tour booked.

1 minute ago, Adventures ahead said:

We sent out several small batches on our August cruise. 

Checked "Laundry" for husband's underwear and socks.

Checked "Cleaned" for anything else that I would wash in cold water and dry on delicate at home.

Didn't sent anything with spandex or lycra or that I would air dry at home.

Had no problems. We really appreciate this perk and don't spend time in the ship's laundry room any more!

It's also convenient to use priority tender in a port where you may have an independent tour booked.

What is the "cleaned" option? 

41 minutes ago, Debbdo said:

What is the "cleaned" option? 

Washing is soap & water. (very HOT water)

Cleaning is what used to be called dry cleaning but was discontinued a number of years ago to to environmental concerns. 

48 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Now only send out jeans, socks and items I don't care how they might come back.

I do send out jeans but only for dry cleaning. My slips, socks & underwear get washed out in the sink every other day & air dry in the cabin. 

I wash them at night & they're dry my morning. 

If you send in laundry it's a good idea to take a photo of each item so when they get lost you'll have a picture to show them. It's hard to describe you generic underwear or a pair of socks. 

Same with your luggage. If it gets misplaced when boarding you can show them what it looks like rather than "it was a black suitcase with a yellow ribbon on it.

I am Elite for the first time can you gift a "coffee card" to someone else in another cabin? I am asking this as I am the only one who drinks coffee in ours my husband hates the stuff and there is no way our 6 month old son would be getting his hands on it as he is already a ball of energy lol.  My Mom loves the coffee and speciality coffee as well but is sailing in another cabin. it would be great if I can gift her a card and look like the amazing daughter. I would not want to waste a "coffee card" if I can't and may need to think of which of the other 2 options I would take.

5 minutes ago, mickeymouselam said:

I am Elite for the first time can you gift a "coffee card" to someone else in another cabin? I am asking this as I am the only one who drinks coffee in ours my husband hates the stuff and there is no way our 6 month old son would be getting his hands on it as he is already a ball of energy lol.  My Mom loves the coffee and speciality coffee as well but is sailing in another cabin. it would be great if I can gift her a card and look like the amazing daughter. I would not want to waste a "coffee card" if I can't and may need to think of which of the other 2 options I would take.

Prior to Aug 31, 2019 you could have just handed her the coffee card but now that the coffee card punches are stored in their computer it might still work.

You'll have to inquire on the ship. I don't see any reason why not. 

If they don't go for the idea you'll have to switch Medallions or cruise cards every time she wants a cup of coffee. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

Noticed that perk as well and we have a tender port on our next cruise I think. Do you get priority tender on the way back to the ship as well, I am thinking probably not?

20 hours ago, steelers36 said:

This reminds me of the old joke Ron Goodman used to tell about his cabin steward.  Stewart was so efficient that when Ron got up one night to use the bathroom, he came back out to find his bed made.

And another "oldie, but goodie" CD joke:  Please eat the Potato Salad when you are at the Lido Restaurant.  

18 minutes ago, h-sar said:

Elite laundry: is there a choice to have clothes dry cleaned or laundered? 

There is.

1 column for washing, 1 column for cleaning (dry cleaning)

Although we hardly use the washing much any more I used to submit two bags so nothing would get mixed. 

Just now, MissP22 said:

There is.

1 column for washing, 1 column for cleaning (dry cleaning)

Although we hardly use the washing much any more I used to submit two bags so nothing would get mixed. 

Thank you! So, best to choose dry cleaning if not wanting nicer t shirts to shrink? Or still a danger even with dry cleaning?

10 minutes ago, h-sar said:

Thank you! So, best to choose dry cleaning if not wanting nicer t shirts to shrink? Or still a danger even with dry cleaning?

I haven't found that the "cleaning" shrinks things. 

The hot wash does for sure especially since I don't use super hot water at home & always take things out of the dryer early. 

I send out my day wear items nearly every day of my cruises.  I haven't had a problem with any of my clothes shrinking.  I also include my lacy VS underwear with no problems.  I rarely send my cocktail dresses out but I have a few times for cleaning and pressing with no issues.  I send out in the morning and they are usually returned the next evening.  There have been a few cruises where they have taken a little longer to return but they usually give you a heads up when that might happen. 

50 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Sorry another question. Do you get bath robes with Elite?  As we are flying we will be short on luggage space so it would be really handy if we did.

Yes, but not an Elite benefit. Anyone can request a bathrobe. You can ask 2 ways, your Personalizer before the cruise or your steward after you board.

Some stewards put robes in the closet without being asked.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 12:54 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

We send anything that's washable/dryable. I wouldn't send those leggings (hand wash). The temps used are HOT. We bring clothes that are (as a rule) older, so don't care if they get damaged or disappear. So far, no problems, but some report issues.

Yes, on the suit. You can request the Princess version of dry cleaning or just pressing.

Be sure to write on your laundry ticket "Elite", just so there aren't any misunderstandings. 

BTW: I had one steward who saw the list I was making for our minibar exchange and he did it while we were out of the cabin. Great steward!!

I agree, make sure it can be dried and that it wouldn't ruin your cruise if something happened. If I am concerned I just take it to the laundry room when I wash our underwear and do it myself. However I try to limit that to a quick load of underwear and leave delicate items at home. More fun things to do than laundry once you are "Elite". We love it and I am sure you will too. We aren't drinkers so we do the coffee cards. I do love a Frappichino on a hot afternoon in the Caribbean!

Thanks for info on bath robes. 

We we will keep the mini bar I expect and hubby will pick what he wants, we’ll exchange the soda for anything diet or sugar free. I only like instant coffee and weak ( sorry all you coffee lovers) so any coffee on the ship would be too strong for me. I stick to the tea from the buffet and ask for it in the MDR. 

Btw we get tea and coffee making facilities in the cabin on Princess cruises from UK, do you from the U S?

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Yes, but not an Elite benefit. Anyone can request a bathrobe. You can ask 2 ways, your Personalizer before the cruise or your steward after you board.

Some stewards put robes in the closet without being asked.