Elite questions

amajaa

6 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mr.G ,

Your correct it’s all -or -nothing.  Now about sending out your laundry. Check it when it comes back for  tiny holes in your underwear and T-shirts. It has happened to me more than once . If you go to passenger services they will give you SBC for your loss. No kidding on this one Mr.G 

Tony

What good is OBC if have to finish a cruise in holey underwear??  I think we will be cautious about using free laundry and expect will still use the laundromats.  Do you have to have a "before" picture in order to support a claim?  

4 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

What good is OBC if have to finish a cruise in holey underwear??  I think we will be cautious about using free laundry and expect will still use the laundromats.  Do you have to have a "before" picture in order to support a claim?  

Hi Mr.G,

The holes are very tiny. But you will see them if you look. The first time it  happened I didn’t see them until I got home.

once you start washing your clothes at home the holes get bigger. Believe me I’m not kidding. No I didn’t have to prove it.

Tony

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mr.G,

The holes are very tiny. But you will see them if you look. The first time it  happened I didn’t see them until I got home.

once you start washing your clothes at home the holes get bigger. Believe me I’m not kidding. No I didn’t have to prove it.

Tony

Soooo.... I have to ask: How much is the credit for a tee shirt? How much for underwear? Inquiring minds want to know... 😅

5 hours ago, galsmiley said:

I really wish we had the option of free laundry tokens for the self-service laundry instead of the service.  I trust my laundry skills more than theirs.  

That would be pretty cool actually. Perhaps I'll add it to the "I wish Princess would" thread.

Edit: I copied and pasted this into that thread. With proper attribution of course. 😎

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Like I said, I think you are in the minority with your opinion that the current mini-bar set up is not really a good Elite level guest benefit.  

Most benefits of the nature include a limited selection.

Of course even a minority opinion is still a valid opinion.

I appreciate your understanding of my opinion.  Thank you.  

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Soooo.... I have to ask: How much is the credit for a tee shirt? How much for underwear? Inquiring minds want to know... 😅

Hi Thrak,

I only took the 3 tee shirts to PS and received $60.00 OBC. Good luck to those who don’t believe me. 

Tony

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

For an embroidered Princess tee shirt that was stained, became too wide and too long I got $30 OBC.  They offered to send DHs undershorts to someone to sew up the holes but I declined their offer.  Just wanted them to see the holes.

9 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

For an embroidered Princess tee shirt that was stained, became too wide and too long I got $30 OBC.  They offered to send DHs undershorts to someone to sew up the holes but I declined their offer.  Just wanted them to see the holes.

At that reimbursement price I've got to bring some of my older embroidered tops for their hot wash next cruise & let them do a job on them. 

9 hours ago, roobug said:

We have used the laundry a lot especially for my kids clothes (underwear and all) - I hate doing wash on vacation.  We have never had any issues.

You will some day. Just give it time. 

43 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

At that reimbursement price I've got to bring some of my older embroidered tops for their hot wash next cruise & let them do a job on them. 

It was a new bright red tee shirt that became a dull red after the 2nd washing trying to get out the large black stain on the back of the shirt.  Luckily, I had the same new shirt in bright yellow that i took to PSD to show the difference in coloring and size.  At first they said to file a claim with homeowners insurance, then said they would send a letter and picture to corporate office and finally got a call to ask if I would be ok with $30 OBC.

12 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

It was a new bright red tee shirt that became a dull red after the 2nd washing trying to get out the large black stain on the back of the shirt.  Luckily, I had the same new shirt in bright yellow that i took to PSD to show the difference in coloring and size.  At first they said to file a claim with homeowners insurance, then said they would send a letter and picture to corporate office and finally got a call to ask if I would be ok with $30 OBC.

So you should claim it on your own insurance to get reimbursement for something that they caused?😄

Yea, right. Then your premiums will go up for a minimal claim of $30 for years to come. 

You did the right thing. ✔️

We won't be Elite until after our Northern Lights cruise coming up in October. Our TA back to the US in November will be our first cruise as Elite. Use of the laundry perk will be decided by my wife as she likes total control over the laundry. (I say, "Thank you!") It sounds to me like anything "important" should be sent for "cleaning" rather than "washing".

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Isn't that dishonest or did you miss an emoji? Y'know the LOL one

Maybe I misinterpreted. Are these perfectly good items that you want to wear rather than old clothes that you're about to give to charity?

Edited by Ombud
  • Haha 1

I save my underwear that has holes in it for traveling, then I just toss them as I use them. I'll have to bring them on the next cruise & send them out, I always like OBC 🙂 (kidding about sending them out for laundry, not about tossing them).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Maybe I misinterpreted. Are these perfectly good items that you want to wear rather than old clothes that you're about to give to charity?

I doubt that this is a case of forgetting to add the emoji.

7 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Forgot to mention that I  use separate laundry bags for cleaning or laundry items.  Everything but blue jeans and socks will go in the cleaning bag which for some unknown reason I mark "wash in cold water" and "cool dry".  It doesn't work for me.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Not at all. They probably ruined most of them on previous cruises until I got wise. I just never though about having them re-wash them again & then claiming damage.

Great idea.