Anthem OS Jr. Suite Perks

We had a J1 on Ovation in June.  I had read that priority boarding is one perk but I really had to go in search of someone that would acknowledge it.  We did manage to get through the "special" line.  We never tried Coastal Kitchen so the only other perk I remember is that we didn't have to be accountable for our pool towels.  They would give us as many as we wanted with the blue "suite class" card.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AdventureTwins said:

This is our first time on the Anthem OS and having a Suite cabin. I'd love to hear your experiences with a J3.  I guess they used to be called a Family Suite? TIA

JS Perks on Anthem:

Bathtub

Dinner at Coastal Kitchen

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Distinctive color SeaPass card

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

JS Perks on Anthem:

Bathtub

Dinner at Coastal Kitchen

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Distinctive color SeaPass card

Ok, I see.  For Coastal Kitchen will there be a certificate in our cabin for dinner or will they just know because of our SeaPass card color?

Just now, AdventureTwins said:

Ok, I see.  For Coastal Kitchen will there be a certificate in our cabin for dinner or will they just know because of our SeaPass card color?

They will know by your stateroom number when you make a reservation.

• Like 1

It has been my experience on Oasis class ships that JR Suite guests are treated as second class citizens and it may be difficult to obtain dinner reservations. I will be on Anthem for the December 1st sailing and staying in a Jr Suite, So a few questions for someone who recently stayed in an Anthem JR Suite and ate in the CK:     Will a JR Suite card access the Coastal Kitchen or do you have to wait for someone to open the door?  How difficult was it to obtain dinner reservations for two and what did you feel about your overall dining experience in CK?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, carrascoja said:

It has been my experience on Oasis class ships that JR Suite guests are treated as second class citizens and it may be difficult to obtain dinner reservations. I will be on Anthem for the December 1st sailing and staying in a Jr Suite, So a few questions for someone who recently stayed in an Anthem JR Suite and ate in the CK:     Will a JR Suite card access the Coastal Kitchen or do you have to wait for someone to open the door?  How difficult was it to obtain dinner reservations for two and what did you feel about your overall dining experience in CK?

The CK host/hostess stand is outside the doors on Anthem.  No banging required.  CK on Anthem is dedicated space, no suite lounge in the same space so it's a different set up.

CK dinner access for JS seems to work better on Anthem compared to Oasis class.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, carrascoja said:

We have sailed in a JS on Anthem and have been able to get a reservation for the time we wanted every night.  Coastal Kitchen is beside the Windjammer on Anthem with the reservation podium in the corridor outside the door.  There is someone there during the hours Coastal Kitchen is open.  Go there once you board and make your reservations for the week.  We enjoyed Coastal Kitchen on Anthem much more than we did on Oasis.

• Like 1

It's also been my experience on Anthem when standing outside of CK politely waiting for the host/hostess to return from seating the previous people....other people will arrive behind you and push past and simply go in and seat themselves.  Happened twice to us...so I actually don't know what the protocol is supposed to be. 

But I can tell you they always have a host/hostess there...even on embarkation day they were there by about 11am if you want to pop right up and see about reservations quickly/early

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

CK dinner access for JS seems on work better on Anthem compared to Oasis class.  

Only time CK ever seemed like it was 'crowded' (but still not full) was on the last sea day of our last cruise.  Every other time we where there for breakfast or dinner (at 6:30) it wasn't even half full

Aug 18 sailing on Allure, we were in a Grand Suite and went up to look  around  the 17th when we first got on the ship.

The doors to the Suite Lounge and CK were open and people were walking in and out,  looking around.

We did not always get the time we wanted there either, I think it was because there were a lot of "pins".👀

This time we are on a JS and I think we will have issues next week , even though I did tip the maitre'd some money so he would "remember me".😉  We will see on Embarkation day.

10 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Do you have to wait to get onboard to make dinner reservations?

If you are asking about Coastal Kitchen, and you are in a JS, then you have to wait until you are onboard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Well, we booked Dec. 8th.  Charlie did not want to go to Nassau, he is a Party Pooper! So we think you should do a B2B!  Our first junior suite, did it to make Diamond Plus!!!!!

Marietta

We will wave to you guys as we leave😀. We booked this because DH was going to lose vacation time since he had maxed out his banked time. He has now given his notice and we have two cruises in the first six weeks at his new job. 😳. No b2b for us unfortunately.   We will have to catch you guys next time. 

Elaine

• Like 1