Port Botany cruise terminal

Chiliburn

23 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

if you read royal carribeans report they still plan on taking a cruise up to Sydney harbor  for those passengers that get on at botany bay so they can see the views and linger around for 4 odd hrs not docked so .. it don't matter if they get on at Newcastle Wollongong or eden they still will get to see Sydney .. 

YES it does matter where they get on. The costs, the logistics, the providoring, airports  and a dozen other factors dictates that regional terminals are not practical. Anybody with any knowledge of the cruise industry and a bit of commonsense would know this does not work.

3 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

if you bothered to read some of them you would know and seen it from there ceo's ..  go back and look . 

Look where..I am asking a simple question..I have not seen this report but would like to so that I can make an informed conclusion ..is it in one of your “copy/ paste” replies?

18 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Someone said the other day that cruising is much better for the environment than fishing or building dams.

Maybe the government should make cruising compulsory , especially out of Botany Bay, not only will it justify building the new terminal there but it will also alleviate the water usage in the dams.

its also better for your health with norovirus  that's good for you ..  not to mention all that seafood you eat from Vietnam and Thailand china etc .. do you think cruise line companies have your health at  heart .. they buy the cheapest food from where they can get it and so do there suppliers to keep the profits up.. next time your on a garbage can  take a good long hard look at the food you are eating .. but then again a bit of sauce and herbs , pepper , salt you wont taste any toxins in there lol .. don't think aussie supply your fish on these garbage can ships , the good fish all goes to other markets in the world that pay top dollar ..  the garbage can ships only buy the cheapest crap to make more profit.. hope you take the time to see the very low standards these other countries have , then again don't look better to not know then know lol  

2 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

its also better for your health with norovirus  that's good for you ..  not to mention all that seafood you eat from Vietnam and Thailand china etc .. do you think cruise line companies have your health at  heart .. they buy the cheapest food from where they can get it and so do there suppliers to keep the profits up.. next time your on a garbage can  take a good long hard look at the food you are eating .. but then again a bit of sauce and herbs , pepper , salt you wont taste any toxins in there lol .. don't think aussie supply your fish on these garbage can ships , the good fish all goes to other markets in the world that pay top dollar ..  the garbage can ships only buy the cheapest crap to make more profit.. hope you take the time to see the very low standards these other countries have , then again don't look better to not know then know lol  

So, you have seen the ships' catering inventories and can totally confirm what you said?

3 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Look where..I am asking a simple question..I have not seen this report but would like to so that I can make an informed conclusion ..is it in one of your “copy/ paste” replies?

that's what ya said about all the other facts but choose to ignore them as well and how can you make a informed decision if port authority and nsw liberal gov  are with holding all the relevant info.. nobody can but we can go on from what has happen in the past due to other developments in botany bay .. and also what that whole area is used for and by whom ..  and as it stands there is no way it should be destroyed just for a cruise ship terminal to be used from 3-4 months of the yr 

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

So, you have seen the ships' catering inventories and can totally confirm what you said?

I have friend who work at one of the companies that supply some of the garbage can's with there food he tells me that most of there stuff besides vegies and some meats are imported  from these so countries .. its cheaper than buying local and improves there profits..  I would do the same if I owned a cruise line or a supplier to the garbage cans ..they do it in Australia at the supermarkets you think the cruise lines are any different when it comes to the bottom dollar .. don't kid yourself they have your best interest at heart ..

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

YES it does matter where they get on. The costs, the logistics, the providoring, airports  and a dozen other factors dictates that regional terminals are not practical. Anybody with any knowledge of the cruise industry and a bit of commonsense would know this does not work.

so botany bay proposed cruise terminal is a port of convenience more than anything else for there bottom dollar regardless of what they destroy its all for the greedy bottom dollar   ..  as that's what your really saying

13 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

is it now, or is it you don't want to read the facts .. either way its a fact so if you choose to ignore it like you have with other facts that's not my fault or problem .. now lets look at it from a overseas cruiser or any for that matter..  you fly, drive , train etc in to botany bay , but the cruise line will not visit Sydney harbor just leave botany how many do you think will want to go on that cruise line , isn't the whole idea of cruising besides what the ship itself offer you about seeing different ports of call and the views .. Sydney harbor offers one of the most amazing views of most ports that why they like coming here ..  take that away you will be loosing customer's how do you think the pilots of these ships and tug boats are going to like double handling these ships if they leave botany bay and head for the harbor ..  they will not like that that much as per why the maritime union of autralia are against the proposed terminal .. if they strike over it these cruise lines will have a few issues if they vote against double handling .. 

I have no idea what you are rambling on about ....it makes no sense.

But  .. the part about people from overseas  wanting to see Sydney  Harbour....well how about they fly into Sydney  ( dollars for the  local economy)  stay at a hotel ( more money for the local economy)  jump on a Captain Cook  Cruise and sail around the harbour ( even more money for the local economy)  before heading to Botany Bay  to board their  cruise  it’s called tourism.....win win.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

so botany bay proposed cruise terminal is a port of convenience more than anything else for there bottom dollar regardless of what they destroy its all for the greedy bottom dollar   ..  as that's what your really saying

No not at all .. It is not  about convenience  cost to the passenger and the cruise line may  be one factor but there are many more aspects that just do not make it feasible or practical ...it does not work for anybody but you chose to ignore that because it does not suit your agenda........ copy and paste ...copy and paste.

3 hours ago, gbenjo said:

No not at all .. It is not  about convenience  cost to the passenger and the cruise line may  be one factor but there are many more aspects that just do not make it feasible or practical ...it does not work for anybody but you chose to ignore that because it does not suit your agenda........ copy and paste ...copy and paste.

the facts are all there for all to look into it themselves so don't have to read my facts ..  go and search it yourself .. you may not like what you find out .. go and ask nsw liberal party or nsw ports to send you the info in there 68 page without redactions .. tell em your a royal carribean fan boy they might let you see the real truth 

3 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I have no idea what you are rambling on about ....it makes no sense.

But  .. the part about people from overseas  wanting to see Sydney  Harbour....well how about they fly into Sydney  ( dollars for the  local economy)  stay at a hotel ( more money for the local economy)  jump on a Captain Cook  Cruise and sail around the harbour ( even more money for the local economy)  before heading to Botany Bay  to board their  cruise  it’s called tourism.....win win.

why would they want to board a garbage can after they have just seen the best on offer..  they will stay in Sydney and enjoy it not get squashed into a garbage can 

8 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

reed it the way you want but the facts are all there ..  

Just in case, as you seem to be a bit confused.

A fact is a thing that is known to be consistent with objective reality and can be proven to be true with evidence.

9 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think they may already have figured out that you are just speculating at what may or may not have been redacted.

they can speculate what they want ..  common sense will tell you they are hiding info as its not in there favour  to build it or a good idea either.. so lets just hide it from the public  as I said anybody with common sense,  but common sense isn't so common …  I know deep down in people on here , they know its not right to destroy a whole  bay just for royal carribean mega ships..   as its there country as well and there kids call this home.. where do we draw the line against destruction to our country .. gota take a stand sometime to protect the future for the kids , grandkids etc .. we cant just sell it of and keep destroying this beautiful country .. 

Edited by in rod we trust

29 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

reed it the way you want but the facts are all there ..  

WHERE???????? If you were fair dinkum you would be producing these “facts” to support your argument but you just use the excuse that we don’t read them. Tell us where they are and we will read them...if not......  go away.

7 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

they can speculate what they want ..  common sense will tell you they are hiding info as its not in there favour  to build it or a good idea either.. so lets just hide it from the public  as I said anybody with common sense,  but common sense isn't so common …  I know deep down in people on here , they know its not right to destroy a whole  bay just for royal carribean mega ships..   as its there country as well and there kids call this home.. where do we draw the line against destruction to our country .. gota take a stand sometime to protect the future for the kids , grandkids etc .. we cant just sell it of and keep destroying this beautiful country .. 

Here we go again.....copy and paste ...copy and paste

5 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

So local fishermen are plundering our waters for Australian fish, then sending them overseas for their own greed just to make more dollars from those with the most money, and not selling to Australians.

Thanks for confirming Aussie fishermen are just greedy and taking away our resources from our country. All local fishing should be banned then.

As you say, got to take a stand sometime to protect the future for the kids , grandkids etc .. we cant just sell it of and keep destroying this beautiful country .. Since you were aware of this, what action have you taken about this?

13 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

WHERE???????? If you were fair dinkum you would be producing these “facts” to support your argument but you just use the excuse that we don’t read them. Tell us where they are and we will read them...if not......  go away.

Actually, I don't think it's been posted. 

While there have been a lot of scary videos about unrelated ships in unrelated countries many decades ago, and a post with some screen images of a Ports document, I don't believe there has been any RCL report. And I honestly doubt such a document would be made publicly available. Strategic documents aren't distributed publicly.

23 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Actually, I don't think it's been posted. 

While there have been a lot of scary videos about unrelated ships in unrelated countries many decades ago, and a post with some screen images of a Ports document, I don't believe there has been any RCL report. And I honestly doubt such a document would be made publicly available. Strategic documents aren't distributed publicly.

Ummm.. the dog ate them.

57 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

You do realise you are posting about yourself in the third person.

11 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

So local fishermen are plundering our waters for Australian fish, then sending them overseas for their own greed just to make more dollars from those with the most money, and not selling to Australians.

Thanks for confirming Aussie fishermen are just greedy and taking away our resources from our country. All local fishing should be banned then.

As you say, got to take a stand sometime to protect the future for the kids , grandkids etc .. we cant just sell it of and keep destroying this beautiful country .. Since you were aware of this, what action have you taken about this?

He wrote a report about it but most of the content has been redacted. Something fishy going on you know.

12 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Does that mean there are now three people who don’t want the new terminal??????

And 3 million do.  So I do declare the 'do's' the winners, by a long neck.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2