Booking things on ship in advance

Scubadoc

We are on the Crown Jan 15 to S Carib and the Star to Alaska in July. 

What should we book before we get on the ship and how far in advance?  Specialty dinners? Drink packages? Spa reservations? Shore excursions? What am I missing? We are in a full suite and so I think we already have the thermal suite isn't that correct? 

In the past we have either waited until we were on the ship or booked things a few weeks out but it seems to me more is being done online and I don't want to miss out on the things we want to do. Thanks! 

It's up to you and your wallet.

If you have a lot of OBC...wait till you're on the ship. No OBC, book before or after depending on your comfort level and budget.

The only thing I book ahead of time is excursions, since I can pay for them with OBC before we board. We usually have a LOT of OBC...our next 2 cruises $1000+ each.

Never done a suite, but AFAIK the thermal spa is one of the benefits.

• Like 1

Book any Princess shore excursions in advance. They may sell out. Even if they don't sell out, the price may go up. You can use any OBC already posted to your Cruise Personalizer when you book in advance. You can still cancel them before the cancellation deadline on board. It is best to book them as far in advance as possible. If the price goes down or they have a sale later, you can rebook. If the price goes up (more likely), you still have the lower price.

You will receive a complimentary specialty restaurant dinner on the first night. You cannot book it in advance. You cannot use any promotions or OBC to pay for a specialty restaurant dinner in advance. There is usually plenty of availability onboard, so I don't think there is any reason to book in advance. Also, you may want to check the menus in the MDR to pick the night. With the great service we usually receive in Club Class, I really don't see any reason to book specialty restaurants other than the complimentary first night, but that's up to you.

The drink packages are the same price in advance and onboard, unless they raise the price for everyone (which they don't do very often). If you book onboard, you can use OBC. If you book in advance, you have to pay when you book. One advantage of booking in advance is that it is already on your account and you can get a drink immediately upon boarding without any delay. Otherwise, you can purchase the package at any bar.

You already have complimentary use of the thermal spa.

I agree that booking excursions ahead of time with OBC is a good thing to do.

We would only book ship excursions if they are in some way very special.

You can wait until you are on board to book spa treatments.

We enjoyed the thermal suite perk and first night specialty dinner on our last cruise.

I agree that you can wait to book other specialty dinners on board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, riffatsea said:

I agree that booking excursions ahead of time with OBC is a good thing to do.

We would only book ship excursions if they are in some way very special.

You can wait until you are on board to book spa treatments.

We enjoyed the thermal suite perk and first night specialty dinner on our last cruise.

I agree that you can wait to book other specialty dinners on board.

also ... suite has Sabatini's ( or other specialty restaurant ) for breakfast ... no charge

Club Class dining

Full mdr menu available for room service ...

Drink Packages. Same price pre-booked or on board. If you want these and have lots of OBC better to wait.

Specialty restaurants. As mentioned you receive a comp. dinner on boarding day. Call the dining line once on board. I think it's best to wait until on board to reserve other specialty dining. That way you can see which evenings would be best. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jangor said:

The only Spa service I would book in advance is if you are big on formal nights and want your hair styled or mani/pedi.  I think all other services can be booked as needed.

Also, sometime there are on-board Spa specials which are not available if booked pre-cruise.

• Like 1