Back-to-Back Cruises - Idle Time Between Cruises

JamesWillard

We will be enjoying our first Back-to-Back cruises from Galveston (Liberty of the Seas) in November.    We would like to stash an "extra" suitcase in the car, parked across the street in Port Parking.   Since we will be in port most of the day (Saturday) between cruises, will I be able/allowed to take a few minutes to go across the street and exchange luggage (fresh clothes, etc.)

Thanks very much,

James Willard

O P, there is absolutely no reason why you can’t do that

I’ve done that more than once, and once arrived back in the terminal so quickly that the  back to backs were still waiting to reboard. I was allowed to join the group and eventually board with the back to back‘s.   Didn’t really matter, as  I would’ve been on board just a few minutes later.  

Recently for our  back to back cruises we have found very little “quiet time”  before other passengers board. We do have some time in the morning before our meeting time at around 9:30, but now  we sit and wait until the ship is cleared then they take us off the ship/on again  or wait. Then  as soon as were back on, general boarding starts.   In fact there’s been more than one time when other passengers have felt the need to rush past the back to back cruisers to be “first on the ship“   In the old days we may have a few hours but now it’s more like a few minutes. 

I will admit, when we get back on we can either go back to our cabin or find a nice quiet spot on the ship and relax for a while. We don’t need to explore the ship, we’ve already taken care of our dining for the week and we don’t have anything to worry about that first day but relaxation  

Enjoy 

M

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Then  as soon as were back on, general boarding starts.   In fact there’s been more than one time when other passengers have felt the need to rush past the back to back cruisers to be “first on the ship“

AKA Pinnacle Push in Pt Canaveral. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

In Galveston we’ve left the ship, walked to some of the shops near the port and gotten another 2 bottles of wine.  It’s easy to do in Galveston.  In Fort Lauderdale you’d have to cab it back and forth.  

As long as you have the paperwork for the B2B cruises, you can bring 4 bottles of wine on the initial cruise.  No need to go to Total Wine or some such during the interchange

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Why leave stuff in the car?  No limit on what you can bring onboard.  Enjoy the quiet time between departing and arriving passengers.  Or some sightseeing. 

If he swaps out the clothing he won't have to be dragging so much luggage at one time.

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If he swaps out the clothing he won't have to be dragging so much luggage at one time.

True,  but probably not that much extra if he sends out some laundry during each cruise.  We send out undies and some dh's shirts in wash 'n fold laundry. Hand wash other stuff.  I don't think we take that much extra for b2b unless we have climate change, i.e. Bermuda then Canada, or a northern route TA.  We're on the Australia circumnavigation for 34 nts so I had better figure out what to take within a reasonable amount of luggage. 

I walk to my parked car at EasyCruise, drop off books from my home library that I finished, pick up a six pack of diet mt dew, and enjoy the brief walk. There are always other cruisers walking too, and a traffic light for safe crossing of the street. I make sure to have an In Transit pass from the cust svc desk, which sometimes speeds up my re-boarding. I love the little walk. It's no big deal. (Some folks walk to Starbucks to use wifi. I don't buy wifi on the ship.) We met a lady who goes to a church service. I thought about going to Wal-Mart and have been told there's an inexpensive hoho bus or trolley or something, but haven't tried it. The folks who work on the ship probably know all about it. (We met a couple who spent 6 weeks in a row on the Liberty; they save lots on airfare that way.) 

Edited by Etta1213

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

AKA Pinnacle Push in Pt Canaveral. 🤣

There’s a large group of people in the VIP lounge, so I don’t know  if they are pinnacle, a suite guest or maybe both.   All I know was one time, I was knocked by someone rushing  past me.    

The past few times in PC, the back to backs are in a different area and have been let on first before the general population rushes on. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1