3 for Free "Now with new low $100 refundable deposits!"

pompeii

I saw on the Princess website this morning that deposits under 3 for Free are now only $100 and are refundable.  I know there was already a refundable option available by calling Princess, but it looks like they are automatically refundable now, and only $100.  Good time to book for those who have been holding off.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

I saw on the Princess website this morning that deposits under 3 for Free are now only $100 and are refundable.  I know there was already a refundable option available by calling Princess, but it looks like they are automatically refundable now, and only $100.  Good time to book for those who have been holding off.

We booked with that a little over a week ago. It also had $200 off of airfare which was about to run out. It was a good deal.

I am not sure but I think it ends today. I booked my on Monday and I also got free Medallion.net wifi (Princess new wifi system)  I got my mini suite for the price of a balcony.  Free gratuities are always awesome, but I still tip my cabin steward because the stewards work so hard.  

We book Alaska, where has everyone else on the 3 for free going?

4 minutes ago, toescat said:

I am not sure but I think it ends today. I booked my on Monday and I also got free Medallion.net wifi (Princess new wifi system)  I got my mini suite for the price of a balcony.  Free gratuities are always awesome, but I still tip my cabin steward because the stewards work so hard.  

We book Alaska, where has everyone else on the 3 for free going?

We're doing a Norwegian fjords cruise out of London (Southampton). I could be mistaken, but I think I read that the 3 for free ended October 31st.

3 for Free isn't over until the end of October, but I don't know if the refundable $100 deposit part lasts that long.

I'm a bit disappointed, though.  When I booked two cruises recently, the 3 for Free applied only to oceanview rooms on my sailings.  I booked balconies and got nothing.   Both cruises are advertised with the 3 for Free banner, but when you click "see details", you get a screen showing that free grats are only for oceanviews.  It looks like everybody should get obc, but Princess says that, too, is only for oceanviews.  I guess it's capacity controlled and even though there are still balconies available on my cruises, they don't fall under this promo anymore. 

image.thumb.png.6f2b2dc9573890ee3a7ae6481cc5da57.png

Edited by pompeii

4 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

We're doing a Norwegian fjords cruise out of London (Southampton). I could be mistaken, but I think I read that the 3 for free ended October 31st.

Fortell min familie i Norge Hello (Tell my family in Norway Hello!)  I just looked at the Princess site and I don't even see an end date for the three for free.  What I saw on Monday when I book was 3 for Free plus Wifi ends in 72 hours so it must have been the offer with the free wifi that ended.  Have a wonderful time in my mother's homeland, it is so breathtaking there and that is why I love Alaska so much is that is reminds me a lot of Norway.

21 minutes ago, billco said:

Since I paid about $140 pp more for refundable and then asked my TA to refare so I could take advantage of 72 hour sale, she is going to love me asking to refare again. All for a cruise that is a year off.

I've rebooked multiple times on 2 different cruises. Sometimes saving a little as $50. No complaints from the TA.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I've rebooked multiple times on 2 different cruises. Sometimes saving a little as $50. No complaints from the TA.

So have I with no complaints. But, sometimes I feel like a bit of a pest. Especially on this latest sale, which seems to change every week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toescat said:

What I saw on Monday when I book was 3 for Free plus Wifi ends in 72 hours so it must have been the offer with the free wifi that ended. 

They must be doing some flash promotions as they had a $200 airfare credit before that on the Europe cruises under 3FF.  Now it seems they did a free Wifi package.  I wouldn't be surprised to see more similar short-term deals.  Wish I had seen that sooner for our friends booking (Wifi).  

ETA:  I just re-checked a couple of cruises I was looking at for Winter 2021 and notice that Inside pricing is down $70 under the new pricing scheme.  

Edited by steelers36

8 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

The above is not the norm for 3FF if you look it up under DEALS banner on home page.  Must be something about the voyage you looked at.

I know, that's why I was bummed to find that I didn't get the perks with my balcony.  In the fine print, it says the offer has limited space regardless of cabin availability, so I'm thinking the balconies (and interiors, minis and suites for that matter) with 3-for-free have already been taken on these cruises.

If nothing else, I guess it pays to click on the "see details" button on whichever cruise you're looking at to see if the cabin you want comes with the perks.

4 minutes ago, pompeii said:

I know, that's why I was bummed to find that I didn't get the perks with my balcony.  In the fine print, it says the offer has limited space regardless of cabin availability, so I'm thinking the balconies (and interiors, minis and suites for that matter) with 3-for-free have already been taken on these cruises.

If nothing else, I guess it pays to click on the "see details" button on whichever cruise you're looking at to see if the cabin you want comes with the perks.

When I went to re-check a cruise I was looking at before for 2021, the 3FF color banner did not appear on the cruise detail page.  However, if you go through a mock booking it is obvious from the pricing (I was looking at Insides) that 3FF was in place as all IF thru IB were same price with IA more expensive.  When I made a cabin selection, a pop-up screen appeared explaining the 3FF terms which included RD and $100 cash (if not using a FCD).

So, to further complicate matters on the cruise I was looking at, I did a mock booking and it turns out that only the balconies that are reserves don't get the 3-for-free.  The higher prices ones which still have availability to choose from do get 3-for-free.  That clarifies things somewhat...

3 hours ago, billco said:

Since I paid about $140 pp more for refundable and then asked my TA to refare so I could take advantage of 72 hour sale, she is going to love me asking to refare again. All for a cruise that is a year off.

I also re-fared my cruises earlier this week under refundable deposits.

Are they all less now?

Edited by chamima

8 hours ago, pompeii said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I think it pretty low class of Princess to change the terms without telling anyone. I think I should put my thoughts in writing to Princess, not that it would do any good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pompeii said:

3 for Free isn't over until the end of October, but I don't know if the refundable $100 deposit part lasts that long.

I'm a bit disappointed, though.  When I booked two cruises recently, the 3 for Free applied only to oceanview rooms on my sailings.  I booked balconies and got nothing.   Both cruises are advertised with the 3 for Free banner, but when you click "see details", you get a screen showing that free grats are only for oceanviews.  It looks like everybody should get obc, but Princess says that, too, is only for oceanviews.  I guess it's capacity controlled and even though there are still balconies available on my cruises, they don't fall under this promo anymore. 

image.thumb.png.6f2b2dc9573890ee3a7ae6481cc5da57.png

I did not realize that. I'm glad we booked an Oceanview.

4 hours ago, toescat said:

Fortell min familie i Norge Hello (Tell my family in Norway Hello!)  I just looked at the Princess site and I don't even see an end date for the three for free.  What I saw on Monday when I book was 3 for Free plus Wifi ends in 72 hours so it must have been the offer with the free wifi that ended.  Have a wonderful time in my mother's homeland, it is so breathtaking there and that is why I love Alaska so much is that is reminds me a lot of Norway.

Will do.

Previously we have only spent one day in Norway, in Oslo on a Scandinavian cruise. We really enjoyed the port.

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I did not realize that. I'm glad we booked an Oceanview.

That restriction is only on some cruises, I think ones where balconies are well sold already.  Most cruises should still offer the perks on all cabins.