Hawaiian Cruise Formal Night Inquiry

gkthorn

Attempting to plan our specialty dinner reservations to coincide with formal nights.  We are leaving on December 19th.  We have 4 days at sea, hit days consecutive of Hawaiian Islands, 5 days at sea, hit Ensenada  before coming home.  

I know the sea nights are when the formal nights occur, but we have 9 to chose from, so just a little confused.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn

• Like 1

If I remember correctly it was one over and two back. Can not remember which days, but on your cruise I think New Year's Eve is a sea day, if yes, it will probably be one of the formal nights. Don't recall that the specialty restaurants were overcrowded. You can probably wait until you board to book them.

• Like 1

Someone posted Patters from the Star Hawaiian cruise on here recently.  I doubt if formal nights would change all that much unless there was a special reason to do so.  We'll be at sea on Thanksgiving Day and I'm just about sure that will be a formal night as well.

dlm

2 hours ago, Dan M. said:

Someone posted Patters from the Star Hawaiian cruise on here recently.  I doubt if formal nights would change all that much unless there was a special reason to do so.  We'll be at sea on Thanksgiving Day and I'm just about sure that will be a formal night as well.

dlm

Are you on the Grand?

• Like 2

On 9/29/2019 at 12:52 PM, denmarks said:

From prior experience.

2nd full sea day.

5th full sea day.

8th full sea day.

This was the pattern when we sailed Grand last Feb.  one formal ‘out’, two ‘in’.

Aloha 

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, gkthorn said:

Attempting to plan our specialty dinner reservations to coincide with formal nights.  We are leaving on December 19th.  We have 4 days at sea, hit days consecutive of Hawaiian Islands, 5 days at sea, hit Ensenada  before coming home.  

I know the sea nights are when the formal nights occur, but we have 9 to chose from, so just a little confused.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn

We did Hawaii cruise last Christmas and formal nights coincided with events (we left on the Dec 23rd). The first was on Christmas Day which was a sea day anyway and the second was on New Year's Eve even though it was a port day (Kauai). In the patter on the first day that gives the dress codes for the entire cruise they had New Years Day as formal night but then changed it a couple of days in. I think the 3rd one was the night before Ensenada as mentioned by someone else.  We ate in the Crown Grill on New Year's eve, I booked it prior to boarding but it was pretty quiet. Hope that helps.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:21 PM, Dan M. said:

dlm

I did the RT cruise a few years ago and our Thanksgiving dinner, which was on a sea day going over, was not a formal night, but things can certainly change.

Edited by mek