Post-cruise transportation to FLL airport (Seaside)

shipgeeks

Yes they do, and for both directions.  You will probably have to call to set it up or you can do it once on the ship.  I can't remember the exact per person price I was quoted, but it was too expensive.  Perhaps as a solo traveler it would be worth it but for two or more it was cheaper and easier to use Uber or Lyft.

Using Uber or Lyft will cost less than $50 ( per vehicle).  Rather then messing around with shuttle schedules and waiting for a bus to fill, you simply summon a vehicle when you wish and away you go.  Unlike large shuttles a private vehicle will drop you at the proper terminal/door.

Hank

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Cost is $30 per person for the one-way.

That's cheaper than what I remember, but it was a couple years ago.   I remember getting a price closer to $30 for Miami airport.  Do you know what MSC charges now to Miami?

We have used Uber several times from Miami to the FLL Airport.  The Ubers keep circling around the terminal until the get a pickup call.  The most we have waited is five minutes.  On the other hand, when sailing out of FLL and going to the FLL Airport, we always use the taxis as we have found that the pricing is the same and it is only a 10 minute drive.  The cruise line shuttles are horrible in both directions.  They are more expensive and you must wait until the bus is filled,  and then need to wait while the luggage is off loaded.   

On 10/2/2019 at 12:50 AM, shipgeeks said:

Does Seaside typically offer a shuttle to FLL airport?  Flight is not til afternoon, so no rush; just would like a worry-free transition.  Not showing on my booking as available, but not much there in any location yet.

You say you're not in a rush. An option to consider is the Tri-Rail - MIA to FLL costs $3.75pp

https://www.tri-rail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Check out https://www.gobrightline.com.  They have an MSC train to port package.  We did it last month.  Includes free parking, and free Lyft and the train ride. Amazing trains and stations: best ever!  Just make sure you are ready to get off when riding back to Fort Lauderdale from Miami.  (The trains stops for less than 2 minutes) 

I have an airport transfer question, which seems related to this topic.  I found a voucher for an airport transfer in my cruise documents (perhaps a perk from my travel agent, as I did not purchase a transfer).  Does anyone know how this works; do I need to go to the main desk to make arrangements or is this handled automatically by a special tag on my luggage for the last night.  This is for the Seaside in Miami.  (I have not used an airport transfer before.)  

Edited by flag fan

When we cruised Seaside last year, there are buses outside for MIA and FLL. No pre-booking required.

We took the MIA bus. Cost was $15(?). But we waited almost 20 mins before we started.

I don't know how much was the bus to FLL and how long did they have to wait. But there is a bus to FLL outside of the cruise terminal.

We planned on taking Uber last weekend, but when we walked out of the terminal there was a stand there so we inquired.  They said it was $25pp, but 2nd person was free.  So, for the 4 of us it was $50 total.  We did have to wait for the bus to fill up, but it left when they told us it would, and it was a nice comfortable bus with cute movies playing.  Traffic was horrendous though, and I was very happy we didn't book earlier flights.  

27 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

but first you have to get to MIA airport from POM, right?

An option to consider is get taxi/Uber from POM to Brickell Metrorail Station which gives you a free ride to MIA, then Tri Rail to FLL.

On 10/2/2019 at 7:10 AM, shipgeeks said:

Thank you, all.  We don't do Uber/Lyft.

I was anti Uber.......until I took my first ride. Now it’s my main source of transportation, even overseas. Affordable, and I feel safer than riding a taxi. In the app, you can see who your driver is, the license plate, you can see a moving map of your route, and you can share your ride with friends so that they know where you are at all times. And it’s convenient since your payment info is already stored. 

Ans its cheap. For the 4 of us, we paid $35, so a little less than $9 per person. 

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

I was anti Uber.......until I took my first ride. Now it’s my main source of transportation, even overseas. Affordable, and I feel safer than riding a taxi. In the app, you can see who your driver is, the license plate, you can see a moving map of your route, and you can share your ride with friends so that they know where you are at all times. And it’s convenient since your payment info is already stored. 

Ans its cheap. For the 4 of us, we paid $35, so a little less than $9 per person. 

Not everyone has a smartphone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1