Prices after Going, Going, Gone sale

djkk

Hello, I'm looking at a cruise on Anthem that's on the weekly sale that ends today. Has anyone noticed a trend after the sale, of prices going up, or could they stay the same.  I know we can't predict the future, but wondering if anyone has any insight? I'm waiting to book because my son is trying to get the week off from work. Thanks in advance for any advice.

18 minutes ago, djkk said:

Hello, I'm looking at a cruise on Anthem that's on the weekly sale that ends today. Has anyone noticed a trend after the sale, of prices going up, or could they stay the same.  I know we can't predict the future, but wondering if anyone has any insight? I'm waiting to book because my son is trying to get the week off from work. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I figure Biker will also chime in on this topic as well as he's very experienced in following the GGG sales....

I've booked a few times on the GGG sale, the latest being just 8 weeks ago for my most recent Adventure cruise.

Like Bob says, there's no real hard and true trend, however more often than not the GGG sale price will linger on through Wednesday and sometimes later into the week. I have also noticed that it's cabin dependent...so take note of exactly what category cabins available on the GGG sale. If there are 20 available, and on Wednesday there's still 18 available, then the sale didn't go very well and it'll be available next week again (likely) and possibly at a lower price. Conversely, if yesterday you see 20 available and then by tonight there are only 10 available, then you know the vultures are out trying to book bargains, and the low price may disappear overnight as well.

Also note that many sailings are offered to Casnio Royale Club as freebies when cabins are staying empty. You may find a huge number of cabins available for a GGG sale for a couple of weeks, then magically over the course of 2 days almost all of them disappear. The sweet spot for the GGG sale is after final payment is normally between 40-60 days (6-8 weeks) from the sailing date.

One more tip.... after booking your inexpensive GGG priced cabin, perhaps give the RoyalUp program a try.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Reading the RoyalUp thread on this forum, I realize the majority of cruises seem to only offer the minimum bid. I offered a "fair" bid (only $200 more than the "weak" bid) and was upgraded to a balcony 3 days before sailing. If I were to have payed for that balcony up front, would've cost me approximately $1600 more 😁

Happy hunting

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, djkk said:

The trend is -  prices after the sale will either be higher, lower or stay the same.  If you find a fare that appears reasonable to you for the trip you want, book it.  If the price drastically drops later, (depending if final payment has been made or not) your TA might be able to assist you in getting a reduction.

12 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

If the price drastically drops later, (depending if final payment has been made or not) your TA might be able to assist you in getting a reduction.

The OP is asking about this in the GGG context - those are almost always inside final payment.

I booked a GGG fare a couple months back. I went to book on Thursday not realizing the GGG sale was Tuesday and Wednesday only. The prices had gone up, the GGG price was no longer available, so I didn’t book. The next week the same cruise was in the GGG sale again with prices even lower than the previous week. I did book then. That cruise continued to show up in the GGG sale for several more weeks.

35 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

The trend is -  prices after the sale will either be higher, lower or stay the same.  If you find a fare that appears reasonable to you for the trip you want, book it.  If the price drastically drops later, (depending if final payment has been made or not) your TA might be able to assist you in getting a reduction.

OP, if you want actual information look at Hoopster's response and ignore this.

I'm assuming you are before the final payment window. After the final payment window begins, anything can happen--and often does.

I usually book a refundable deposit long before the sailing date, so I look at it this way: If I book before the sale ends and the price goes up, I saved some money. If the price goes down, then I rebook and save some money. It's a win either way.

If I wait and see, and the price goes up, there is nothing I can do except wait and see if the price comes back down again. It's kind of a helpless feeling--especially if the price goes up again in the meantime.

13 minutes ago, MightyMike said:

I'm assuming you are before the final payment window. After the final payment window begins, anything can happen--and often does.

Perhaps you missed it but the OP is asking about Going, Going, Gone prices. Those are always for cruises inside of final payment.

2 minutes ago, djkk said:

Haven't booked yet, and prices are about the same after the sale. There are over 175 balcony cabins available still.

I'd wait some more too. Check on Saturday, sometimes the prices over the weekend are even better than the following Tuesday GGG sale and without the new bookings only restriction.

Edited by Biker19