wait listed for dining room

granmarl

I am wait listed for the dining room and if I go to my benefits on VIFP it states " Priority reservations at Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant" (now I know that main dining room does not takes Reservations)I have never been wait listed with platinum before, will I get my dining preference which is anytime dining? If not I'm ok with that but just curious. Thank You.

9 minutes ago, granmarl said:

I am wait listed for the dining room and if I go to my benefits on VIFP it states " Priority reservations at Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant" (now I know that main dining room does not takes Reservations)I have never been wait listed with platinum before, will I get my dining preference which is anytime dining? If not I'm ok with that but just curious. Thank You.

That happened to me recently too.  I waited a while and then I called carnival and they were able to get me into anytime dining.  

10 minutes ago, granmarl said:

Interesting. Is it like a Journey's cruise or something, where there would be a ton of Diamond/Plats?

19 minutes ago, my kids mama said:

That happened to me recently too.  I waited a while and then I called carnival and they were able to get me into anytime dining.  

Thank you, if I don't see any changes in my booking, I will give them a call.

29 minutes ago, granmarl said:

Hi

You more than likely will get your preferred dining request.

Your have to figure if your sail date is near, they will be juggling many of these requests.  If your request isn't available before you sail, just go to the dining room when you get on board (right away) and speak with the maître d'. There will be a line of others asking for similar changes. They accommodate most people even if not platinum or diamond.

I would not worry too much, especially if it is not a major issue for you.

have a great cruise

5 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

Your have to figure if your sail date is near, they will be juggling many of these requests.  If your request isn't available before you sail, just go to the dining room when you get on board (right away) and speak with the maître d'. There will be a line of others asking for similar changes. They accommodate most people even if not platinum or diamond.

have a great cruise

Thank you, I just normally go with the flow and that way I'm never disappointed.

1 hour ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

have a great cruise

Great to hear.  We have 14 family members, and the first 12 have Anytime, while the other 2 have (so far) only been offered late.  I have them set to wait list for anytime, hopefully they get it.

Platinum status just means that you will be cleared for Your Time Dining (what Carnival calls it) before other Platinums that booked after you, people with FTTF and all others. Unless there is a huge amount of Diamonds and Platinums that booked before you, you should be fine. 

I had FFTF and book three weeks before a Spring break cruise last year (sold out by time sailing) and there was a wait list for all dinning times.  I chose Your Time Dining waitlist and got an email two days before sailing saying that my dining will be assigned when I board. Well when I was onboard and picked up my S&S card I was assigned YTD.  

Same happened to us on my 25th milestone cruise.  I was waitlisted for ATD.  My PVP  talked to the matri'd  on the ship, Triumph/Sunrise, and said it was first come first served.  Didn't matter that we were Platinum/Milestone cruise.  When we got on the ship and received our cards, they had ATD.  This could be a trial on the blowback of reducing one of the VIFP benefits.

Have booked two cruises since then and no problem getting ATD.

1 hour ago, Hotdog 52 said:

Same happened to us on my 25th milestone cruise.  I was waitlisted for ATD.  My PVP  talked to the matri'd  on the ship, Triumph/Sunrise, and said it was first come first served.  Didn't matter that we were Platinum/Milestone cruise.  When we got on the ship and received our cards, they had ATD.  This could be a trial on the blowback of reducing one of the VIFP benefits.

Have booked two cruises since then and no problem getting ATD.

Maybe instead of another conspiracy theory on perk removal, it could just be they had a lot of request for ATD?  Just a thought.  

On 10/4/2019 at 10:15 AM, granmarl said:

To return to the original question as posted, Diamond level cruisers have been guaranteed their choice of dining times.  Platinum level cruisers have received priority in dining times.  It has been explained by Carnival that these are worded differently because they are two different things.

Platinum cruisers are moved to the front of the waiting list, ahead of everyone else except other platinum cruisers who booked before they did.  First choice is not guaranteed.  History has shown they more often than not are eventually assigned their first choice.

Nothing has changed, including the fact that lots of people misunderstand the difference between guaranteed choice and priority reservations.

The maitre d' tries to please everyone.  Occasionally it isn't possible.

No one who has posted here for any length of time would suggest I am a Carnival cheerleader.  In this case there has been no change, no dilution of perks, no conspiracies.

OP, your chances of being moved are very good, if not prior to your cruise, after visiting with the maitre d' on embarkation day, to be effective the following day.

Happy sailing.

Thank you everyone for your replies, I did call Carnival and the person I talked to said once The maitre d gets the list for seat assignments (makes sense, if they have me down for late seating I'm sure they haven't yet decided what tables set up that we would be sitting ) I may than get ATD and than would receive an email or could check with the maitre d once on board. Whatever I get, I'll be happy. My husband recently passed away so this is just part of my healing and won't sweat the small stuff. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, granmarl said:

Thank you everyone for your replies, I did call Carnival and the person I talked to said once The maitre d gets the list for seat assignments (makes sense, if they have me down for late seating I'm sure they haven't yet decided what tables set up that we would be sitting ) I may than get ATD and than would receive an email or could check with the maitre d once on board. Whatever I get, I'll be happy. My husband recently passed away so this is just part of my healing and won't sweat the small stuff. 

Enjoy your cruise, sorry for your loss.