Regent Seven Seas Society Pins

shemansl

I wanted to start a discussion to see if other Seven Seas Society members actually like (and wear) the current version of the Seven Seas Society pin.  I have only seen a handful of gentlemen wear theirs on their jacket lapel, and I'm not sure I have ever seen any ladies wear them.  In contrast, the old Radisson pins were a bit more elegant and I continue to wear mine to the Seven Seas Society party while aboard.  I wonder if Regent could see their way to a new pin with the new Regent "R" and perhaps make them of different colored metals based on status if others on this board are in agreement that the current pin could be improved.  

I do love the other graduated perks of the SSS and enjoy every one of them, except the pin!  Thanks for joining the discussion!

We always wore the harp pins; achieved gold status on our last cruise but it was before you got the benefits on the cruise you stepped up.  I haven't ever seen a Regent pin.

There used to be an "R" pin that was issued to some higher up staff. When they were discontinued some were given to the passengers.  I have one somewhere and post a pic if I can find it.

At the SSS party and Captains welcome party I also  wear the old Radisson Lyre/harp  pin.

J

Lyre.jpg

Personally I do enjoy the benefits one get's with the program, (has it should be the higher up, the more benefits just like the hotel and airline programs).  However I would never wear the pin, it's kind of hey look at be.  Just like I've seen people with plagues on their suite door, to tasteless.  Just my opinion, those that want to do it fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Jackie,

Plaques: yes - or at least they did for the 2019WC.

Peggy

Thanks Peggy - good to know.  I am not put off by the plaques on the doors or people wearing pins that show their Seven Seas Society Level (would love to see your Commodore pin!).  Rather than showing off, people are showing that Regent keeps their loyal passengers and that we are proud to be a part of the Regent family!

I'm not a big jewelry person so don't wear my pin but many people do - it's a personal decision. Since the hall I'll be on will probably have a number of Full Cruisers, many of the doors will have '20WC plaques.

Again - it's up to the individual what they do!'

And I do agree that Regent does a good job keeping their loyal passengers - because their product is excellent!

Peggy

1 hour ago, xrvlcruiser said:

I'm not a big jewelry person so don't wear my pin but many people do - it's a personal decision. Since the hall I'll be on will probably have a number of Full Cruisers, many of the doors will have '20WC plaques.

Again - it's up to the individual what they do!'

And I do agree that Regent does a good job keeping their loyal passengers - because their product is excellent!

Peggy

I couldn't agree more---it's a excellent product which is why we cruise them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I'll have to think about the WC plaques if we make the 2021 WC.  We've both been completely against this type of thing in the past, but I admit it might come in handy to identify other "worldies".

It also helps those of us with aging brains to remember peoples' names and cabins.

• Like 1

The last two posts made me realize that putting those plaques on your door, lets others know where you are.  After a couple of negative experiences on Regent (by passengers - not the crew), I try to keep our suite number to myself.   

• Haha 1

I think you are right Jackie - I would not want a notice on my door to say "This is the home of Ken and Gerry" or something like that.    On the other hand I do think it is useful for those on the Roll Call to have a list of others' suite numbers so they can be in touch AND for someone like GOARMY! who is organising Lox in the Locks to be able to contact those interested.   But not on the door of the suite!

Anyway - I am sure this is not obligatory !  So why worry?  If you don't want to use the plaque (or hopefully the plague...) you don't have to.

Edited by Hambagahle

I have not gone around the ship on a WC to see how many plaques are on the doors but speaking for my own corridor, we had a number of Full Cruisers in the location and I think all of us had plaques on our doors. I assume it will be the same next year.

But as I said: your choice.

Peggy

• Like 2

I haven't been on a Regent WC, but have been on a couple of their grand voyages, which also have the plaques. It seemed that the full cruisers were bunched together, at least in my corridors. Since they try to assign stewards to the same cruisers for the whole thing, I suspect they do this deliberately to make it easier on the stewards.

Plaques and Pins?

Look at it this way. The Regent didn't want you to display them, they wouldn't give them away. 

All of the long time Regent Cruisers that I know (18 years worth) wear their pins and put up their door plaques.

J

50/727

3 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

The last two posts made me realize that putting those plaques on your door, lets others know where you are.  After a couple of negative experiences on Regent (by passengers - not the crew), I try to keep our suite number to myself.   

Of course you do...;)

And yet you post when you are staying in the Crystal Penthouse, Master Suite, etc.?

😂

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, pdaniel said:

Of course you do...;)

And yet you post when you are staying in the Crystal Penthouse, Master Suite, etc.?

😂

I don't know anyone on Crystal so it didn't matter.  On Regent, there are several Master Suites  - I may be in one of them but no one knows which one or even which deck.

• Haha 1

Thank you for make this board interesting and entertaining.

Please don’t be so modest.  You started threads on both boards with over 300 posts.  You may not know anyone on Crystal, but you made sure they knew you and that you were staying in the Crystal Penthouse.