Emerald Benefit Question

jessed

I will be Emerald on our next cruise and one of the benefits is a welcome amenity of water and snacks on day one of the sailing. It says you can pre-select  from a list of beverages by going to royalcaribbean.com/upgradepreferences, but when I do that, it brings me to my cruise planner. So I called and was told that I couldn't pre-select and could do it when I was onboard. So I read to her exactly what was stated and she said sorry but that's the way it is. It's not a big deal but anyone been through this? Thanks.

I don’t have an answer, but I’m not surprised. 

If you ask your steward, he’ll replace the water with a canned drink (probably the only other option), or advise you to ask Room Service to do it. 

Not meaning to hijack your thread, but the answers to my questions might be helpful to you. 

This is our first time in a Jr Suite on Royal. 

I’m now completely confused about what perks are available, because I’ve seen comments that don’t match the online list. 

I know that Jr Suites are just larger cabins, not suites. 

So, do we check in and board with the suites?

Can we sit in the suites section at shows?

Does anyone know the answer?

I have been told we can check in for Anytime Dining with the suites. Which will remove my trepidations about leaving traditional dining. 

31 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I don’t have an answer, but I’m not surprised. 

If you ask your steward, he’ll replace the water with a canned drink (probably the only other option), or advise you to ask Room Service to do it. 

Not meaning to hijack your thread, but the answers to my questions might be helpful to you. 

This is our first time in a Jr Suite on Royal. 

I’m now completely confused about what perks are available, because I’ve seen comments that don’t match the online list. 

I know that Jr Suites are just larger cabins, not suites. 

So, do we check in and board with the suites?

Can we sit in the suites section at shows?

Does anyone know the answer?

I have been told we can check in for Anytime Dining with the suites. Which will remove my trepidations about leaving traditional dining. 

Don't see anything of benefit here to the OP.

The beverage is something like water, juice or a soda.  Since they removed the option to select from the web site a couple of years ago the only way to specify these is to call Crown & Anchor at 800-526-9723.  Benefits list is link from RC website: https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/18063159_CAS_MemberBonus_Amenity_List_v3.pdf

If you don't specify you get a bottle of water.  If we get a snack it is usually a cookie or two.

Call C&A at 888-437-1953 and tell them your preferences for the amenity.

As for MTD (My Time Dining), you can either make reservations in advance on your cruise planner or show up when you want to eat. 

The check-in folks will point you to where you need to be for check-in and boarding.   you cannot sit with the suite folks at the shows.

First you will not be recognized as emerald til after you complete the cruise. 

Then after that you can contact crown and anchor and give your preferences. It can no longer be done online. 

This was my experience when i turned emerald on my april cruise, and my first cruise as emerald is in nov. 

32 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

First you will not be recognized as emerald til after you complete the cruise. 

Then after that you can contact crown and anchor and give your preferences. It can no longer be done online. 

This was my experience when i turned emerald on my april cruise, and my first cruise as emerald is in nov. 

My first sentence might of been a little confusing, I made Emerald on my last cruise. When I called, the agent wouldn't let me select.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jessed said:

It's not a big deal but anyone been through this?

You must not have read enough threads to realize that you may need to call a few times to get the right answer ( call C&A, not the regular RCI number). The preference choices online were taken away during the last web site upgrade. 

The frustration of calling may not be worth it and the CSR answer may be the way to go - see the LA on board and choose. 

8 hours ago, jessed said:

I will be Emerald on our next cruise and one of the benefits is a welcome amenity of water and snacks on day one of the sailing. It says you can pre-select  from a list of beverages by going to royalcaribbean.com/upgradepreferences, but when I do that, it brings me to my cruise planner. So I called and was told that I couldn't pre-select and could do it when I was onboard. So I read to her exactly what was stated and she said sorry but that's the way it is. It's not a big deal but anyone been through this? Thanks.

FYI, I was able to call in a couple

of days ago, and set my preference for emerald beverage

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stevea36 said:

Call C&A at 888-437-1953 and tell them your preferences for the amenity.

As for MTD (My Time Dining), you can either make reservations in advance on your cruise planner or show up when you want to eat. 

The check-in folks will point you to where you need to be for check-in and boarding.   you cannot sit with the suite folks at the shows.

I do not recognize that telephone number.

IME, the number is 800-526-9723

On 10/5/2019 at 9:11 PM, rbell said:

yes 1 can of soda.And you have to call to get it.

We tried...  my wife wanted diet and all they had was full sugar Coke.   The guy putting them in room was not our room steward and we told him we requested diet.   He was a bit unclear and eventually said he'd bring us diet tomorrow.  He didn't... oh well - we did get cookies.

6 hours ago, davelinde said:

We tried...  my wife wanted diet and all they had was full sugar Coke.   The guy putting them in room was not our room steward and we told him we requested diet.   He was a bit unclear and eventually said he'd bring us diet tomorrow.  He didn't... oh well - we did get cookies.

You could always exchange it at a bar.  🙂 

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2019 at 10:45 PM, Merion_Mom said:

You could always exchange it at a bar.  🙂 

This trip, same thing (full sugar no diet in the room) and I told my wife to try the bar.  She called guest services instead and they swapped them.

I believe we got 4 bottles of water when we were Emerald.  We didn’t request anything But these were in our room.  At some point (first or second day?) we got a plate of cookies.  Later in the cruise (12 night cruise) we got a plate of small desserts.  We did turn Diamond during the cruise but as far as I have read benefits for that don’t come till the next cruise.

I have cruised several times in a Jr Suite on different Oasis Class ships and we were allowed to sit in the Suite section pre-board and for shows. The only thing we couldn't do was eat in Coastal Kitchen for breakfast and lunch. We could have dinner there if space was available, but we never tried.