Speciality Restaurants Newbie Question

cariad1000

I have searched the board as best I can and looked on the Oceania website but haven't found an answer to my question.  How many times on a 10 day cruise are you allowed to make reservations at the speciality restaurants?  Also, how far in advance of the cruise is it possible to make the reservations please?  Many thanks in advance.  Just about to book for August 2020 on Sirena.

Edited by cariad1000

Remember that you are guaranteed a certain number of reservations depending on length of cruise and your cabin category.  BUT you are allowed as many as you can get once you are on board.  It depends again on demand.  On some cruises more passengers want extra reservations than on other cruises.

• Like 1

For additional reservations in the specialty restaurants, if we are willing to roll the dice, we simply call or go down as they are opening the day we want reservations and are able to get some.  They may not be at the hour we really want, but we can get them.

Enjoy.

Ann

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mura said:

Good luck with getting what you want, Clo.  We generally have!

So far if I'm calculating right you have an hour to go ...

Mura

Oh, Mura, I'm such an idiot.  I was off by a day.  LOL.  i had my alarm set, possible selections.  Silly me.  So tomorrow 🙂  Hope you're sound asleep.  xoc

19 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good luck Cath!!!!!!

I came back to the boards to check up on your progress! 😂 LOL one more day!

Fingers 🤞!!

Have a good evening!

Denise😊

You're so cute.  Completely satisfied with what I booked.  We only have one sea day and had wanted Jacques (the one I'm most anticipating) for that night.  But instead I booked it for the night before.  I've spread them out through the 12 days.  Life is good, eh?

8 minutes ago, clo said:

You're so cute.  Completely satisfied with what I booked.  We only have one sea day and had wanted Jacques (the one I'm most anticipating) for that night.  But instead I booked it for the night before.  I've spread them out through the 12 days.  Life is good, eh?

Life is good Cath!!! We are so lucky to travel and see the world right? Have a wonderful up coming cruise!!

Best to you always!

Denise😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Life is good Cath!!! We are so lucky to travel and see the world right? Have a wonderful up coming cruise!!

Best to you always!

Denise😊

And to you, kiddo.

Here's what I just booked yesterday.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/baltic-cruises/stockholm-to-amsterdam-MNA200908/

If you're tempted 🙂

13 minutes ago, clo said:

And to you, kiddo.

Here's what I just booked yesterday.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/baltic-cruises/stockholm-to-amsterdam-MNA200908/

If you're tempted 🙂

Now that is tempting! Good girl!

we have Hal Rotterdam Panama Canal 

followed by 2 Oceania Cruises TA and a Med cruise be gone 2 months March -May! 
on Koningsdam 1/21 Hawaii Tahiti but seriously looking at a cruise from West coast to Australia! Will see

Denise😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Now that is tempting! Good girl!

we have Hal Rotterdam Panama Canal 

followed by 2 Oceania Cruises TA and a Med cruise be gone 2 months March -May! 
on Koningsdam 1/21 Hawaii Tahiti but seriously looking at a cruise from West coast to Australia! Will see

Denise😊

Goody gumdrops 🙂  

Cath

On 10/6/2019 at 1:58 PM, clo said:

I've set my alarm as I can book at 9PM tonight here on the Left Coast!  Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!  LOL.

Booked ours last night (13th) at 9:10 PM.  Our booking showed available on the 14th EST.  We are in a PH so had a few days head start on other categories.    We were able to book for NYE dinner and last night of cruise.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Waiting another ten minutes when I can hopefully book our rezzies.  If anyone sees this immediately, could you please tell me what you see when you open the rezzie page - do you first choose a date, or the restaurant, or what?  Just trying to get this done efficiently, as it's hard to get good times when you have to book later than the people in upper cabins!

25 minutes ago, roothy123 said:

Waiting another ten minutes when I can hopefully book our rezzies.  If anyone sees this immediately, could you please tell me what you see when you open the rezzie page - do you first choose a date, or the restaurant, or what?  Just trying to get this done efficiently, as it's hard to get good times when you have to book later than the people in upper cabins!

Too late to help you but I hope you got what you want.

I have a question about additional reservations. I have made my two allotted ones and am trying to learn how to go about getting additional ones. I understand I must wait till I get on the ship. Can you make them as soon as you board? Do you call? Go to a certain desk? I am seeing that only late reservations are available on this cruise at this point (leaves Dec 14). Does that mean that those are the only ones left or do they hold some slots back?

2 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I have a question about additional reservations. I have made my two allotted ones and am trying to learn how to go about getting additional ones. I understand I must wait till I get on the ship. Can you make them as soon as you board? Do you call? Go to a certain desk? I am seeing that only late reservations are available on this cruise at this point (leaves Dec 14). Does that mean that those are the only ones left or do they hold some slots back?

You go to the Dining reservation desk each day & ask if any spots are available ..sometime they will put you on a waitlist

You could try asking  for specific dates  but usually  they do not accept reservations  if you have already used your allotment

They do hold back a fair number of tables because not everyone books online.  (Perhaps not surprising given the age demographic on most cruises?)  You CAN see about extra reservations on boarding day.  There is a specific desk but I can't guide you there since we've never used the service.

On other days I believe (Lyn and others will know!) there is someone in Terrace who takes reservations.  (AHA, I see Lyn answered before I finished this!)

It's often easy to get a reservation for dinner in a specialty on boarding day since many people are tired from traveling if they arrive at the destination on boarding day.  That may also be true for the final night since many people are packing for the return home.

PH and above can order from GDR or the specialties for service in the room.  When we're tired from a long tour or it's the final night, that's what we do.

Mura

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 11:52 PM, roothy123 said:

Thanks for the information.  Just in case it's helpful for others, here's what I did and got: I went online around midnight EST the day before my reservation period (inside cabin) opened (Nov. 6).  I selected the tables for 2 /dine alone option and a calendar opened up telling me what days had available slots.  There were quite a few, but they were at 9:00 which I didn't like, so I went back and selected the sharing option.  I was able to get Christmas night at 7:30  and New Year's Day at 7:30.  These days are great for me: spaced out throughout the cruise, on sea days (no need to be back on board at a particular time), at 7:30, and on holidays that I celebrate (spouse less so!)  Our cruise is sold out, so I was expecting it to a little hard to get slots that I like, but it's OK.  It's a kind of long cruise for us, and we'd like another reservation somewhere in that stretch, but we'll work on that. I won't get in line to ask for anything the first day, as I'm sure there will be plenty of people who don't have any reservations, but after that, I imagine I can get something. We're doing a back to back, so if nothing else, the night before and the night of embarkation should be good possibilities. As for the table of two, I'll try again online for the second cruise.  With the upper cabin categories booking first, with more than one slot each restaurant, those coveted spots are hard to get, but I'll try.  We haven't had a table two for the last few cruises - maybe our time is coming!

So overall, I'm pretty happy with my choices.  Thanks for the info. 

• Like 2

Woke up this morning and logged in to make our specialty restaurant reservations. All 4 were already reserved, with my in-laws each time, AND conflicting with my reservation at La Reserve one night. My in-laws did NOT make the reservations (in fact, they're the ones who called Oceania to remove the reservations so we could block what we wanted - I was unable to do anything because I was the "invited guest" on each reservation). We're fine now, BUT, do I need to be mad with my travel agent or Oceania for being that presumptuous so as to make those reservations??!!

4 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

Woke up this morning and logged in to make our specialty restaurant reservations. All 4 were already reserved, with my in-laws each time, AND conflicting with my reservation at La Reserve one night. My in-laws did NOT make the reservations (in fact, they're the ones who called Oceania to remove the reservations so we could block what we wanted - I was unable to do anything because I was the "invited guest" on each reservation). We're fine now, BUT, do I need to be mad with my travel agent or Oceania for being that presumptuous so as to make those reservations??!!

I would question the TA first. I don't think Oceania would do this. Did the inlaws have your reservation #? Seems interesting they called to remove them. Was this before or after you talked to them? Maybe they inadvertently changed them.