Thoughts on Promenade view Rooms

I have been in Promenade cabins on deck 8 on Voyager and Explorer, over guest services and opposite the café.   We have 2 more cruises booked in the same cabin next year overlooking the café.   We could not hear anything except musicals that only went to about 11 pm or midnight.   One time the connecting cabin was an issue for me.  I just make sure I don't book connecting cabins anywhere on the ship but if it is friends next door, I would just say keep the noise down or just wedge a towel under the door.

• Like 1

We did a Promenade cabin on Independence of the seas and enjoyed it. There was a bit of noise during parties but, nothing so loud to prevent sleep. We will be staying in a Central Park view on Allure of the Seas. Hoping we like it just as well. Happy sailing!  

book on deck 8 , better view and less people looking at ur cabin since u r on top of the remaining promenade rooms. I rarely hear any noise and cant tell u when the parades are going on because I am always part of them 

• Like 1

so we stayed in one on our last cruise.  My wife wanted the cheaper inside room, I wanted at least a window to get rid of the coffin feel of the room.

we were on the 2nd floor of promenade cabins, above the member services desk.  Very little noise that bothered us.

Room felt quite a bit smaller than our previous balconies, we kept bumping into each other.

My wife didn't like the window being opened because of people across the way, so it kinda defeated the purpose.  We are back in a balcony for our cruise this march.

Dan

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 10/8/2019 at 6:47 PM, Armac said:

We have done Promenade rooms twice on Adventure and have booked again for March 2020. As others have stated we like the illusion that the room is larger because of the window seat. Only thing I would avoid is a connecting room.  

why would you avoid a connecting room?

When we had the connecting room there was a lot of noise from next door. The door seemed to be warped, our room attendant stuffed the cracks and taped the door cracks with masking tape, that helped. We just had a connecting room on Jewel and it was fine. I think it is a combination of the door and how noisy the neighbors are.   

DD had one once.  She liked it.  Although she said it was small with the beds apart.  What she liked was 2 seating spaces.  She doesn’t unpack so she left her suitcase on one and sat on the other.  I’d prefer an inside due to no privacy whats so ever.  

1 hour ago, RyderJ201 said:

Is a connecting room a single door or double doors?

Single door.   The noise comes from the bottom of the door, perhaps use a towel if it bothers you.   The shows on the Promenade deck are no bother - they end early enough.  We had a cabin opposite Cafe Promenade once and it was not a noisy cabin.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:57 AM, Clarea said:

Only noisy during the 2 or 3 musical events on the Royal Promenade, like the parades and 70's dance party.

Agree.  We had a Promenade Room on Indy, and it was only noisy twice -- during two musical shows in the Promenade.  We could just hear the boom-boom-boom of the base in our room, and it was annoying, but -- once we realized what was going on -- we opened our curtains and could hear the music well.  So we sat on the love seat and enjoyed the show.  It was only about half an hour.  

We were only one room away from the "entertainment bridge" in the middle of the Promenade, so we were smack-dab in the noisiest section.  We had a great view of the dancers.  

On 10/8/2019 at 12:22 PM, SilkySal said:

We try to get Promenade rooms on Deck 8 which is highest floor on the Promenade and has a slanted window for a better view IMO! 

We were on Deck 6 (the lowest Promenade Rooms), and we liked that level because we were just above the Promenade and could people-watch.  

On 10/8/2019 at 5:53 PM, bonsai3s said:

Noise was not an issue to us...loved the slightly bigger cabin and the large window.

As other people say "Don't leave the curtains open when you're undressed." 😎

We didn't see anything anyone wouldn't have wanted us to see -- most people seemed to leave their curtains closed all the time. 

Note that the bay windows have TWO sets of curtains:  one set of sheers that block most of the view while allowing light through, and one set of black-out curtains.  The curtains have velcro closures so they'll shut tightly, if you want solid darkness.  

On 10/9/2019 at 1:51 PM, CruisinCrow said:

If you don't care about natural light or don't want to get to sleep early, then you'll be fine.

The lights in the Promenade dim at night /come up slowly with the sun.  Of course, that's not the same thing as natural light.  

On 10/9/2019 at 2:32 PM, SeaHunt said:

but one time we had a connecting room that had a, shall I say, VERY amorous couple next door.

Admittedly, that can happen with any connecting room in any category.  

Our Promenade Room was a connector, and I think we heard a sneeze from our neighbors once.  

Once we were in a balcony room that connected to some terribly loud neighbors.  They were carrying on, laughing all the time.  I kept going over to fuss at them about their noise -- of course, they were my kids. 

To conclude my thoughts about Promenade Rooms: 

- The storage isn't quite as good as a standard inside room.  The closet is just as good, but the drawer storage is less.  

- We didn't 'specially like that you open the door and run right into the bed, BUT we loved the seating area over by the bay window -- and in that small space you can't have both.  

- I think the bathrooms and closets are essentially the same in Inside Rooms, Promenade Rooms, Ocean View Rooms and Balcony Rooms.  

- We loved the Promenade Room and would love to stay in one again.  We'd choose the 6th floor again -- we like being one flight of stairs from the Promenade, and we liked the view out to the Promenade.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Single door.   The noise comes from the bottom of the door, perhaps use a towel if it bothers you.   The shows on the Promenade deck are no bother - they end early enough.  We had a cabin opposite Cafe Promenade once and it was not a noisy cabin.

So each side doesn't have a door? Thought maybe a gap between the doors for a towel.

1 hour ago, RyderJ201 said:

So each side doesn't have a door? Thought maybe a gap between the doors for a towel.

No, only one single door between two cabins and the bed against the other wall leaves no room for another door.   A towel may stop the noise filtering through under the door.  Otherwise not a bad cabin and you are able to look down at people using the internal promenade deck.

To each his own.  However, I am currently in a deck 8 Promenade view room on Mariner and don't believe I will ever again book another Promenade room.  I happen to have sensitive hearing and the thud of the bass and drums from the band playing below  - not to mention the singer - is very distracting.  It went on for a couple of hours this afternoon and I expect it will go on until about 11 pm as it did last night.  Someone who tends to be out late in the bars or other activities, doesn't spend a lot of time in the cabin, and doesn't mind the music will not have a problem.  However, I often go to the early show and head back to the cabin to read or watch TV and it's very distracting.   Right now, the music is absolutely blaring from the 70's party ( I think).  The loudest it's been so far.  No way I'd book another Promenade view.