Coastal Kitchen on embarkation day

45 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

We've never eaten in Coastal Kitchen on embarkation day but plan to on Anthem next month.  Based on information on the app, it opens at 11:30am.  Does it immediately fill up or would we be able to get a table  at 12?    

I’ve never observed a “fill up,” although the later you arrive, the more people are there as you would expect.  Still, it is much more civilized than fighting for a table at the Windjammer.  We are also sailing Anthem next month.  

Edited by CruiseKeeper
  • Like 1

I ate in CK on Anthem on boarding day this past September and there were plenty of open tables the whole time I was there.  At worst they may split you into two tables.  Mind that this was on a five night cruise, I don't know if there is much difference on longer cruises.

Just got off Allure a week ago.  Went straight to suite lounge / CK around 11AM after boarding.  Not crowded at all.  You can find a seat in the lounge or a table at CK for lunch easily.  It never filled up.

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

I am not familiar with Coastal Kitchen and how it works.  Would love a brief explanation.

Is it ever available for junior suites!

A JS only has access to CK for dinner, if there is availability.  I don't think a JS has access for other times of the day.  See the host in CK to book dinner.

There’s only 2 of us so I doubt they’ll split us into 2 tables.  Lounge and CK  are at different locations on Anthem and we’re  only looking for a table in CK.  

Great to hear we won’t have a problem at noon.  I’m not a Windjammer fan, especially on  embarkation day.  Last month on Harmony we ate at the Dawg House.

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Have not sailed Anthem, but Oasis ships are great for embarkation lunch. Rarely crowded, but we get there early for a drink in SL.

What do you mean by rarely crowded. Not in our experience. 25% of the time on our cruises it was horrible on embarkation day and all week. 

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What do you mean by rarely crowded. Not in our experience. 25% of the time on our cruises it was horrible on embarkation day and all week. 

Your 1 in 4 problem was the President's Cruise, hence the rarely. 😉

I've done 30+ and stand by my statement 

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Think of it this way. In 28 days of cruising, 7 days were horrible. 

For us more like 210, and 209 were fine.

FWIW, lunch was fine every day we visited on President's cruise, but boarding day anyway.

Did you even go🤔

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1