Why check in early?

zitsky

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

When you do your pictures, make sure you do just headshots......

We just walked on after they scanned our passes on my phone.   Easiest ever.  

The app does make that pretty clear though, with an outline on screen to show what they require.

I have to say that so far at least, this is the slickest way to complete pre-boarding procedures that we have experienced.

23 minutes ago, hcat said:

We do not have a scanner...

...I know that most folks prefer this plan but we prefer  checking in and getting our cards  from a human being who can  abswer questions, confirm info including our credit card etc... , and without having to visit our stateroom .  But all gives way to technology...

If you have an iPhone or Android phone, you do not need a scanner, just the camera on the phone.

... but I do get why you would prefer to interact with a member of staff, and this approach works perfectly in this regard as it means that those who want to use the app will be able to move a little faster past the lines, and those who do want to talk to a real person will I hope feel less like there is an impatient queue behind them.

Should work well for all.

27 minutes ago, hcat said:

We do not have a scanner.

Not having a  pre scanned passport or photo did not slow us down at all for EDGE check in.  Roving reps did it in seconds.

The delays we experienced  were  because once scanned in,  we were all seated but not by category. Once boarding  was open,  it was a free for all..  Hope they have it better organized by next month.

I know that most folks prefer this plan but we prefer  checking in and getting our cards  from a human being who can  abswer questions, confirm info including our credit card etc... , and without having to visit our stateroom .  But all gives way to technology...

We'll see if it has improved in a few weeks

We didn't prescan anything for our recent Equinox cruise either, even though my printer has a scanner.   I entered passport numbers and credit card info into the on-line pre check-in.  At the terminal, like you, they scanned our printed boarding pass, and took our pic (we didn't even go to the counters where the agents are).  We sat anywhere we wanted and waited about 30 minutes or so and they took handicapped passengers first, then boarded by loyalty group.  They checked everyone and there was a couple in front of us trying to get in with Elites and they made them wait out of line for their group.  Didn't have the "free for all" and it was all very quick and organized; this was in FLL.  My only complaint is that you can't hear the announcements because everyone is talking and the announcements are not very loud.   We liked the fact that we could take our carry-ons to the cabin and then grab lunch without having to lug them around even though we still had to wait until 1:00 to actually use the cabin.

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If you have no status but have a scheduled time, when do you go???

Its a tier level and you show up when you're ready. We usually get to the embarkation terminal between 10:15 and 10:30 AM and usually on the ship by 11:00 AM no matter where the embarkation port is. But like everything YMMV. The so called scheduled check in times are only a suggestion.

20 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If you have no status but have a scheduled time, when do you go???

Whenever you want. 

If you choose to arrive early, you may need to wait around until they begin boarding and then wait until your group is called.

The "scheduled time" is merely a suggestion; their attempt to try to spread out the arriving passengers, but in reality passengers arrive whenever they want.

If you arrive later in the day,  you can usually walk right on board and have full use of your stateroom immediately with no waiting around at all.

Edited by varoo

Sounds like things are falling into place...we did not like being pushed and stepped on,..What's the big rush???

Last time we were AQ class/E plus.  This time we'll just have the E plus.  I don't mind  not being first,  but like it to be organized and orderly,

On board after a day or so we always check at guest rel to make sure all the paperwork and credit card info is correct.  One time the check- in agent  at the counter did not log in our credit card info,  and they were expecting us to pay in cash..glad we corrected that ahead of time!

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Ok thanks.

If you arrive at 12-12:30 you will probably not have a wait.  The hectic time is 10:00-11:30 unless there are port delays.  We strive for 11:30-12:00 and never have issues on Celebrity.