Sky Princess

LAS!!1414

Thanks for the update.

We are booked for the three day inaugural voyage out of Port Everglades on December 1st.  It will be a chance to see this new ship and find our photo that was chosen to be in one of the passageways.  Our plan is to stay on the ship when anchored off of Princess Cays to take both photos and videos of the ship instead of going ashore joining the Carnival ship that is also there while their location is being repaired.

29 minutes ago, Grego said:

Thanks for the update.

We are booked for the three day inaugural voyage out of Port Everglades on December 1st.  It will be a chance to see this new ship and find our photo that was chosen to be in one of the passageways.  Our plan is to stay on the ship when anchored off of Princess Cays to take both photos and videos of the ship instead of going ashore joining the Carnival ship that is also there while their location is being repaired.

HI Grego,

Congrats on your photo being selected.  When I am on the Regal and Royal, I always look at the pictures.Since they have 1,000 pictures mounted on the  cabin hallway walls . I usually start at the top floor on the  even floor side. Then I take the stairs down to the floor below and so on. Then the next time I continue where I left off. When I finish the even I start at the top floor of the odd numbers.

The first time I started to look  and couldn't remember where I left off. 

Enjoy the cruise . I will be on the Dec.4. and Dec. 7.

Sali

1 hour ago, Grego said:

Our plan is to stay on the ship when anchored off of Princess Cays to take both photos and videos of the ship instead of going ashore joining the Carnival ship that is also there while their location is being repaired.

Unless there has been another change, this situation was discussed a while back and the sources for these supposed conflicts at P Cay were debunked.  Carnival itineraries were adjusted to avoid conflicts and the official Carnival info indicated no conflicts this fall.

Edited by steelers36

29 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Unless there has been another change, this situation was discussed a while back and the sources for these supposed conflicts at P Cay were debunked.  Carnival itineraries were adjusted to avoid conflicts and the official Carnival info indicated no conflicts this fall.

True for the December 4 (initially planned inaugural Caribbean); so far, not so much for the ‘new’ inaugural Caribbean leaving on December 1.  So far all sites showing a conflict on 12/3 with Carnival Sunrise and The Sky.  Verified on Carnival and Princess Websites and on my go to CruiseTimetables.

Please Report any changes.

Safe Journeys, Paul

For those who are interested.  I just watched the Sky  entertainment director live on Princess Facebook Page.  He showed off the new Sabitini's.  He said he would be posting live from the ship over the next three days.  

Edited by AF-1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pjrockman said:

True for the December 4 (initially planned inaugural Caribbean); so far, not so much for the ‘new’ inaugural Caribbean leaving on December 1.  So far all sites showing a conflict on 12/3 with Carnival Sunrise and The Sky.  Verified on Carnival and Princess Websites and on my go to CruiseTimetables.

Please Report any changes.

Safe Journeys, Paul

Don't know what to say.  The other Carnival conflicts were all changed.  This late change by Princess may not be accommodated, but I expected Carnival to swap P Cay and Nassau.  Maybe they will; maybe they won't.  If a conflict occurred, I wouldn't be getting off the ship either (been there several times).  P Cay was built long before Royal Class came along.

Edited by steelers36

11 hours ago, Grego said:

Thanks for the update.

Congratulations on having your photo selected.  

Please let us know the location of the photo.  I will be on the Sky January.  Looking forward to seeing your photos and videos.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:11 AM, Orangefan said:

HI Grego,

Congrats on your photo being selected.  When I am on the Regal and Royal, I always look at the pictures.Since they have 1,000 pictures mounted on the  cabin hallway walls . I usually start at the top floor on the  even floor side. Then I take the stairs down to the floor below and so on. Then the next time I continue where I left off. When I finish the even I start at the top floor of the odd numbers.

The first time I started to look  and couldn't remember where I left off. 

Enjoy the cruise . I will be on the Dec.4. and Dec. 7.

Sali

Thanks for the congrats.

We had to do the same thing on both the Royal and Regal because we have two photos on the Royal and one on the Regal.  We were really honored to have these photos chosen since we only entered five when the contest started for the Royal and there were over 67,000 photos submitted!  Having two among the 1,000 was too cool.  When the Regal was built, they went back to the 67,000 and picked another 1,000 for this ship and we were chosen for one more.  I don't know how many were submitted for the Sky Princes, but needless to say being chosen once more is too great.  Having a full day at sea will give us time to get our steps in while looking for our photo of Budapest.

On 10/16/2019 at 8:19 PM, sandybeaches44 said:

Congratulations on having your photo selected.  

Please let us know the location of the photo.  I will be on the Sky January.  Looking forward to seeing your photos and videos.

Thanks.  As soon as I find it I'll post the location along with any photos of the ship itself.