All you can eat Italian

Hadiez

So i was watching a cruise vlog on Cucina Del Capitano ( not sure if that's spelled correct) and this couple order multiple apps and entrees. Is this possible. The description on the web site reads like you get one of each. Can you folks that have been confirm?

1 hour ago, Hadiez said:

So i was watching a cruise vlog on Cucina Del Capitano ( not sure if that's spelled correct) and this couple order multiple apps and entrees. Is this possible. The description on the web site reads like you get one of each. Can you folks that have been confirm?

You can, they will just charge you.  

Great question.  Wife and I had a hard time finishing all the food served.  Maybe trying a few different apps would be nice, but could not imagine ordering more than one main course, but that is just me. I don't know the answer, but my "guess" would be to charge extra for at least another main dish. 

39 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

Is it different at lunch on the first day?

There is no charge for lunch on any day.  I always go at least a couple of times a week to get nice, hot pasta without having to stand in line at the buffet or spend so much time in the MDR for lunch or brunch.

on VISTA this past spring, we had 5 people go for dinner.  Each person ordered an appetizer.  They brought out enough of each for everyone at the table (family style as was mentioned above)  We then each got an entree.  After that we were all so stuffed we shared desserts.  Its not technically all you can eat but it will be....

Lunch was quick and easy.  A couple of different types of noodles and choice of sauce.  They also offer lasagna, salad and bread.  All complimentary.  We ordered a glass of wine with ours. It was included with the Cheers package.  I had the shrimp and chicken with butter sauce and a Caesar salad.  We went back a couple nights later for dinner.  It was amazing, and well worth the $15 per person charge.  You will not leave hungry.  The pic is of my lunch pasta.

20191001_151801.jpg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Does anyone know if they have gluten free options?

Definitely for lunch! Have never eaten dinner there as it's an up charge.  My wife is Celiac and eats lunch there about 3 times per cruise.  Hasn't gotten sick yet...knock on wood 🤞

2 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

My wife is Celiac and eats lunch there about 3 times per cruise.  Hasn't gotten sick yet...knock on wood 🤞

I looked at the menu and do not see gluten free pasta options, are they offered?

1 hour ago, coevan said:

I looked at the menu and do not see gluten free pasta options, are they offered?

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's on the menu.  Somehow my wife knew and orders GF pasta and sauces and GF Caesars salad (no croutons).  We have only eaten there at lunch, you could assume same thing is available at dinner but I do not have first hand knowledge of GF at dinner. 

On 10/16/2019 at 2:31 PM, Elaine5715 said:

You can, they will just charge you.  

That hasn’t been our experience. We have always ordered two appetizers and two sides each at speciality restaurants and we have never been charged more. I am pretty sure they would charge more for two entrees, but we have never done that. 

12 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That hasn’t been our experience. We have always ordered two appetizers and two sides each at speciality restaurants and we have never been charged more. I am pretty sure they would charge more for two entrees, but we have never done that. 

Yes, the charge is for entrees