Live from the Sky Princess Med Inaugural

dides

7 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thank you so much for taking the time from your vacation to show all of us the new  ship!!!

Re: your pictures of the Retreat pool.

I thought the Retreat pool on the newer ships was covered.

It doesn't appear to be the case from your photos. 😞

????????????

Only the Majestic has a covered retreat pool (Hollywood pool club) on the newer ships - the other 3 are open to the elements

Sandra and Chris

6 minutes ago, dides said:

Only the Majestic has a covered retreat pool (Hollywood pool club) on the newer ships - the other 3 are open to the elements

Sandra and Chris

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that.

There are so many inclement days on even Caribbean cruises that a covered pool is something we really like to have!

11 minutes ago, dides said:

Sandra and Chris

Guess another ship I can not use any of the pools on due to sun sensitivity.  Oh well life goes on.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Can you tell us if the MDR and Buffet menus are available n the Platter or the Ocean Medallion app?  I know the MDR one are posted outside the dining rooms

No menus on the app yet or in the patter. I believe the MDR menus are not outside the actual venues - only posted at the far end of the buffet (according to the Princess staff member who went and grabbed one from inside for us last night to take pics)

Sandra and Chris

39 minutes ago, crimsonbird said:

Thank you do much for all your info.  Just two things, if possible.  Are the public areas and dining rooms cold???  And, is there adequate seating in the theater? Does one really have to get there an hour before?  Again, thanks.

Finding Princess Live! a bit too cold but other public and dining venues seem fine.

Still to do a theatre outing...

Sandra and Chris

• Like 1

19 hours ago, scott4020 said:

Really interested in knowing what's in the Freestyle pop machines (specifically diet dr pepper) and how the operate with the medallion. 

Not seen any and specifically asked CD Alex about them at the cruisecritic meet today - he hasn't seen them either.

Sandra and Chris

All this information is wonderful.  I have a question.  My husband and I just looked at the list of TV shows that are playing on your trip and we would like to stream something else.  Is there a USB port on the TVs?  I'd like to bring it up on my tablet but see it on the TV screen.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, dides said:

No menus on the app yet or in the patter. I believe the MDR menus are not outside the actual venues - only posted at the far end of the buffet (according to the Princess staff member who went and grabbed one from inside for us last night to take pics)

Sandra and Chris

Thank you for the information.

1 hour ago, dides said:

1st formal night menu - day 2

20191021_181358.thumb.jpg.3cd76939848b0579be671ee247a17742.jpg

20191021_181725.thumb.jpg.60802bac9f59775ea2abf0dbf8f96976.jpg

20191021_185514.thumb.jpg.56710fda46e5a4e6b12750b6d57fd19e.jpg

20191021_185508.thumb.jpg.a5d96e58bfaa8e3001063d2d116657c2.jpg

Sandra and Chris

HOORAY!!!!! They burgers are back on the menu from Ernesto! Always nice to have them as an option when nothing else tickles your fancy.

Just now, 1emerald1 said:

Yes, I hope that menu carries over to the Caribbean season!

Fingers crossed for you and me both. but I will say that the menus that I've had on my European sailings are always the same as in the Caribbean. I'm more bothered with the fact I'm going on the Regal in a month's time and I'm spoiling myself looking at all the sky menus for my upcoming December cruises.

• Like 1

Thank you VERY much for the live updates!  A lot of good info from a primary source onboard is always appreciated!

A few, hopefully quick questions for now:

1.  Do you know if Club Class dining still has an additional entree option not listed on the menu?

2.  Thus far I haven't seen any MDR entree with the Curtis Stone label.  Are such options still around, just not available every night?  (My dad and I really enjoy the chicken pot pie.)

3.  With the lack of a library, are daily Sudoku puzzles still available?  (We can always bring our own book, but still nice for another source.)

On 10/20/2019 at 12:16 PM, jennybenny said:

Oh no! Seems a bit early for that!! I hope it’s easily/quickly resolved 

Engines are complex machines you can make 10 engines all the same on the same line and they will all function differently. Kinks are to be expected at first minor things.

Once they "break in" the engine things will be ok you can do sea tests all you want just like car tracks and such but until you drive/ use in the real world enviroment youll never know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VersaliusPrimus said:

Thank you VERY much for the live updates!  A lot of good info from a primary source onboard is always appreciated!

A few, hopefully quick questions for now:

1.  Do you know if Club Class dining still has an additional entree option not listed on the menu?

2.  Thus far I haven't seen any MDR entree with the Curtis Stone label.  Are such options still around, just not available every night?  (My dad and I really enjoy the chicken pot pie.)

3.  With the lack of a library, are daily Sudoku puzzles still available?  (We can always bring our own book, but still nice for another source.)

Hi 

1. Yes there are special Club Class entrees - I had one last night ' Beef Medallions with lobster and shrimp.

2. Not seen Curtis Stone specials as yet ' will be posting daily dinner menus so keep checking.

3.. I will ask about Sudoku puzzles

Sandra and Chris

• Thanks 1

It's 7am on day 3 and we arrived in Kotor on time. I know this because we are at the very front of the ship and i was woken up by a series of rumbling noises which I assume was the anchor being let down (do correct me otherwise!) . Chris is oblivious and sleeps on. We had a heavy night on the cocktails 😉

Our sea day yesterday started with a suite breakfast in Sabitinis. The menu was familiar 

20191021_090927.thumb.jpg.fe5ac3eab9a43a6d378cd5187b262914.jpg

20191021_090932.thumb.jpg.4fc00b2f339889f01ddeda72683435a8.jpg

We had pastries and yoghurt

20191021_090939.thumb.jpg.11ac58218a79ebfb021e33db0637c56d.jpg

20191021_090947.thumb.jpg.baaf4823a54846ae2eefb95e34146a7e.jpg

20191021_091843.thumb.jpg.8090e694817c7a2773cc6ef62665cab6.jpg

Followed by Brioche French Toast and Eggs Benedict

20191021_093626.thumb.jpg.e5a4ed13054dbb04ec8d2b65ace969b5.jpg

20191021_093617.thumb.jpg.f2481bfe61fe0643a597aa7b33d32aee.jpg

The specials were cooked to perfection!

At 10am, we went to the cruisecritic rollcall meet which  was very well organised by Gail. We had a good turnout both from the rollcall and the crew with CD Alex and the Captain in attendance. The Captain joked that he had lost his keys hence the delay leaving Athens the previous night. He also introduced us to his Head Ofs. The burning question was about whether the trouble in Barcelona would impact our plans but we were assured it was being monitored and folks would be informed in good time if other arrangements were needed.

Next we headed to the Piazza for some coffee and hot chocolate. We then took part in a quiz led by CD Alex where a cuddly Stanley Bear would be passed to a member of the audience and they would have to answer 5 questions correctly to win a prize. This was chaotic but fun with people shouting out the answers anyway. We won a wine stopper. We stayed behind for a martini demonstration and Chris took.part in that too 

Next we went up to the packef lido deck to check the pool ladders and grabbed a cheeseburger from the grill (very tasty) plus cocktails. We moved onto the deserted and windy retreat pool.for the next cocktails.

We then went back to our stateroom for a short nap before showers for formal night. I was booked in at the Lotus Spa for a Red Carpet Blowout - not done one before but my hair is so fine so needed some oomph added. The spa was busy with folks having their nails and hair done..My appointment started 15 minutes after the booked time and involved a hair wash with head massage, some eye creams and bronzing  a blow dry and some tonging to add curls and some sales stuff to try and get me to buy products. I was happy with the blow dry and temporary curls.

I got back to the room.and we dressed for an early dinner in the Club Class dining room. The Club Class area seemed quite small with tables close together (but perhaps normal for a Royal class dining room - our previous experience was on the Sapphire which was more roomy)

I posted the menus in an earlier post

We did have a Club Class extra entree.

This is what we selected:

Goats Cheese salad and Bacon Potato Chowder

20191021_183128.thumb.jpg.d0e83c4ca654b981820141bbe07dfb5d.jpg

20191021_183140.thumb.jpg.a0fa7544ebf162452ddd943e2c62a8e7.jpg

We usually only have one appetizer/soup each

Beef Medallion from the menu and Beef Medallion with Lobster and Shrimp (Club Class entree)

20191021_184222.thumb.jpg.939bde73334b1112cc19bd31c0defa68.jpg

20191021_184206.thumb.jpg.654bf62b773104b5e16533dfc586c560.jpg

The Chocolate Journey and Crunchy Profiterole

20191021_190331.thumb.jpg.0443a9817e3b8395b9671c14b5a86ada.jpg

20191021_190338.thumb.jpg.e32f2a3a01dc93c0a238f0f33a50f000.jpg

We really enjoyed all the dishes.

After dinner we caught the end of the Captains speech at the Champagne Celebration (same joke about losing his keys) and the headed to Princess Live! for the Yes/No gameshow. Only one person lasted the full 3 minutes to win the bottle of drink. We then had drinks in the Crown Grill Bar and Vista Lounge (70s disco music) before calling it a night.

By the way  formal night dress was varied - some very dressy a lot just smart casual and some casual.

Sandra and Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mt Washington said:

All this information is wonderful.  I have a question.  My husband and I just looked at the list of TV shows that are playing on your trip and we would like to stream something else.  Is there a USB port on the TVs?  I'd like to bring it up on my tablet but see it on the TV screen.  Thanks.

Yes there is a USB port and 2 HDMI inputs and the ability to screencast from tablets. You can switch to these sources using buttons in the middle of the screen underneath the LG logo. (thanks to Chris for the tech support!)

Sandra and Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1