Live from the Sky Princess Med Inaugural

dides

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Are premium suites located all the way forward on both sides?  The Window suite is located all the way forward

Yes the Premium suites are all the way forward on both sides.  Deck 9-12.  8 total.  Have one booked and have sailed on the Regal in one.  Great room.

Just now, richsea said:

Just saw on FB that Sky has engine problems.

Yes running about 3 hours late leaving Athens - Captain just announced they have fixed the cooling problems and we almost good to go.

Sandra and Chris

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dides said:

Hey Nancy, yes outside dining was quite busy for Alfredos on embarkation day so we didn't want to disturb everyone. Didn't like the chairs though - not that roomy so we sat inside

20191020_143006.thumb.jpg.ad5053667fb1f07d05b857a62b151fff.jpg

Will try and get a better pic when it's less busy. The poor staff have to walk the length of the restaurant from the ovens to get to the door though.

Sandra and Chris

One of the downfalls of this al fresco dining is there's no shade from the sun. I remember sitting out along that deck on the Regal and during the day it gets to be very hot out when it's in the Caribbean season.

2 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Thank you so much for all your pictures and thoughts! It is so appreciated. When you have a chance can you please check and see if there are only ladders in the pools,no steps! Enjoy your cruise 🙂

Just in case the op doesn’t have chance to reply. It’s all ladders, this has also been confirmed by the manager of access compliance and photos of all the pools.😕

6 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

Just in case the op doesn’t have chance to reply. It’s all ladders, this has also been confirmed by the manager of access compliance and photos of all the pools.😕

I mentioned this to the lady showing us around the enclave today and she wasn't aware of the issue - you could use the enclave pool but would have to pay for the whole week. Not looked at the Lido deck pools yet but confirmed the retreat pool doesn't have steps and the enclave pool does

20191020_111206.thumb.jpg.f34b38c04b4fefdbd24092357510c51b.jpg

20191020_123004.thumb.jpg.c4c9d1b77bd496ced13830fe1290f90c.jpg

Sandra and Chris

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dides said:

I mentioned this to the lady showing us around the enclave today and she wasn't aware of the issue - you could use the enclave pool but would have to pay for the whole week. Not looked at the Lido deck pools yet but confirmed the retreat pool doesn't have steps and the enclave pool does

20191020_111206.thumb.jpg.f34b38c04b4fefdbd24092357510c51b.jpg

20191020_123004.thumb.jpg.c4c9d1b77bd496ced13830fe1290f90c.jpg

Sandra and Chris

Thank you! Nice way to make people who cannot manage the ladders pay for somthing others get included in their fare!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shaver John said:

Could you let us know what movies are on the TV? I don't want to watch anything that might be on the TV in the room before we go. Thanking you in advance....Nancy...

Hi Nancy

Action

Alita  - Battle Angel

Captain Marvel

Men in Black - International

Shazam!

Xmen - Dark Phoenix

The Aftermath

Breakthrough

The Old Men & the Gun

Drama

Red Joan

Rocketman

The Sun is also a star

Tolkien

The Upside

Comedy

The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir

Fighting with my family

Isn't it Romantic

Poms

Family

Incredibles 2

Mary Poppins Returns

Missing Link

Pokemon - Detective Pikachu

Ready Player One

Secret Life of Pets 2

Others

Crazy Rich Asians

Us

Plus 4 documentaries

Sandra and Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I read a post on another site that suggested you make reservations for the shows.  I have seen this on large ships on another line but have not experienced this on Princess.  Are they doing reservations for the production shows on the Sky?

I think this was a mistake on the reviewers part, I saw it too but I don’t think you need to make reservations like other ships, I think he meant that you can set reminders in the medallion app to remind you when activities or shows are coming up.

1 minute ago, DebbieMacG said:

I think this was a mistake on the reviewers part, I saw it too but I don’t think you need to make reservations like other ships, I think he meant that you can set reminders in the medallion app to remind you when activities or shows are coming up.

Great I hope that is the case. I dont mind arriving a half hour or so early to get a seat but really dont want to have to make reservations!  

10 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I read a post on another site that suggested you make reservations for the shows.  I have seen this on large ships on another line but have not experienced this on Princess.  Are they doing reservations for the production shows on the Sky?

No, CD Alex was asked this today - no reservations needed

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the information and pictures, dides.

Different format for Patters and the Hamburger of the day appears removed from Favorites on dinner menu.  That was a secret to many.  It is a very high quality burger that is served in different formats every evening in the MDR.  Often ordered it a perfect Medium Rare on nights that I wasn’t that hungry.

Thanks also for the current movies.  I appreciate that information.

And, I hope Carlos Oscar is still the Comedian when The Sky gets to Florida.  We enjoy him.

Safe Journeys, Paul

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Keep a look out for head waitress Irina! She moved from Royal to Sky and was phenomenal on our 3 sailings on Royal this year!

Thanks for posting all of this - ship looks stunning!

Oh I agree, Irina was on Royal for our Sept 29 sailing, but left on the turnaround on Oct 4 to join Sky.  Our 5 days with her were phenomenal!

• Like 1

Is take 5 a jazz club?

Also, would those who are onboard let us know if there is outlets besides both sides of bed; for plugging in cpap machine, ipad, asthma machine, etc?  Thanks

Edited by AF-1