Interior Room ~ what do you think

pearle1

Hello All ~ My mom is treating me, and my 2 sister in laws to a New England Cruise on Sept 2020 on the Mardi Gras ~ I convinced her to book 2 connecting interiors (big savings) ~ My mom enjoys sometimes staying in the cabin and watching TV ~ I know the interiors do not have a couch  ~ I thought I would carry one of those portable fold up chairs (like you bring to sporting events, etc) ~ and when not in use could be collapsed and stored under the bed.  What do you all think ~ is that a good idea ~ or crazy ??  Anyone that does interiors have any good suggestions??  Thanks!

We saw that with the “premier interior “ there were couches. ~ but we wanted a connecting room since there is 4 of us ( there were only a few premier when we booked and they were low deck very foward )  ~ instead we opted for a higher deck mid ship.   My mom is not concerned ~ I was just thinking about it .  Anyways  ~ we are all excited ~ never been on a brand new ship ~ There will be a lot to explore .  I’ll see ~ I might try to carry one of those chairs ~ and see if it works .   I guess I won’t know unless I try .  Thanks everyone ! 

I don't see why this wouldn't work.  If you set the beds up as 2 twins, with the beds against the opposite

walls, there should be plenty of room to put the chair between the beds.  She would be able to adjust where she sits anywhere between the beds.  Then store the chair under the bed like you said.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

In all of the interiors I've stayed in, there was enough room for that, especially with beds that move. Although, I'll admit I'm not too familiar with the layout of the Mardi Gras rooms. I thought they were more longer than they were square. I also thought they all came with couches. I guess not!

Looking at as many pictures that I can on the interior rooms there are several with different theme interior state rooms and the spa interior state room.  All the same. However there should be room if the beds stay together to put a chair between the bed and the desk, it will face the TV. The desk shows a cushioned stool under it. The picture of the premier state room is much larger like an ocean view with the couch.

7 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Interiors are small and I’d wonder if there was even enough room in between the bed and the TV for a collapsible camp chair. Might be like sitting in the front row of a movie theater. She can’t sit in the bed?

As an interior booker I feel like the one place that chair would fit is sort of blocking the walkway to the bathroom.

Yes, I was considering it so my mom could sit and watch TV on occasion ~ so my thought was she would open it up when she wanted to watch TV ~ otherwise it would be collapsed and put under the bed ~ or leaning in the closet (if it fit in there). (My mom said not to worry about it, but she is being so generous in treating us to begin with ~ I just wanted to do it so that way she would have it as an option)

Edited by pearle1
typo

I think you have a great idea spend the money on other things rather than a larger room that you won't use.  Also ask housekeeping for extra pillows so she can use them to support her back and perhaps sit on the bed the watch television.  Im sure you will all have a great time  Have FUN

Edited by Gari

We brought two of those folding chairs, not to a cruise, but when we had to kill a few days out of town between medical appointments. Our inexpensive motel (Motel 6) did not have any upholstered chairs, just wood chairs for the table. Having the camping chairs let us be more comfortable between our various excursions to movies and meals. I think it's worth a try. I hope you will come back and post about how it worked for your mom. Maybe you will post some photos for us??

• 3 months later...

We take a small fold up camping chair with us when we book an interior.  We only use it when we order room service, so we don't have to sit on the bed to eat.  With a twin set up, it would work.  I'm not so sure with a king set up.

We also take those battery operated candles to use.  We put one in the bathroom and one on the desk at night.