10:44 am flight out of Fort Lauderdale?

crazycruzer68

16 minutes ago, crazycruzer68 said:

Leaving the Magic and don’t want to do self assist, I am platinum so I can get off zone 1. Is this time possible?

Maybe yes, maybe no.  If you choose it and something goes wrong your travel insurance will not cover any additional expenses since you are not following the recommended flight times

Assuming you do get off in Zone 1, FLL is a 15 minute taxi ride. DO NOT wait for a shuttle bus!!!

But you could have a wait at the flight check in for luggage as well as at security check in.  I think Terminal 3 still has curbside check in, but not sure.  Some airlines have the kiosks, but you still have to go to counter for luggage to be weighed.

Getting a TSA Pre-Check would help. As would being all carryon.

Edited by crewsweeper

You'd make it with time to get coffee and powder your nose. Self-debark, grab a taxi and roll.
 We were at the airport at 8:20 AM through TSA (with Pre-Check) last fall. Ft Lauderdale weighs luggage at the curbside. Check in via the phone app, show them your DL and they can even print your boarding passes outside.
 Go to the gate and relax. There's a good chance you will have 90 min left.

Edited by BallFour4

1) No one can possibly predict the future to tell you if you can make it or not. 

2) A thousand people can tell you that they did, but their experiences have no bearing on what yours will be. 

3) Way too many things can happen causing you to miss the flight. A delayed disembarkation, traffic problems on the way to the airport, etc, etc. 

4) Don’t end your cruise on such a stressful note. Book an afternoon or later flight. Then take your time getting off the ship and enjoy every last minute of your cruise. Have a relaxing breakfast in the MDR. Then get off the ship when they make the “last call” announcement. We do this all of the time and trust me, it’s such a lovely way to end a cruise!

• Like 1

I think it's possible.  When I cruised on the Magic, I had FTTF and carried my bags off of the ship myself.  It was one of the most disorganized processes I have ever experienced.  It was a madhouse and there was no organization.  Even with FTTF, the line to get off of the ship was very long.  I still think you could make it getting a low zone tag, but I wouldn't risk checking my bags with that early of a flight.  It's too disorganized.  The Breeze out of Port Canaveral was the opposite experience and very organized.

I would carry my bags off of the ship myself or book a later flight.  Checking them is a risk and will only slow you down.

Edited by TNcruising02

3 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

1) No one can possibly predict the future to tell you if you can make it or not. 

2) A thousand people can tell you that they did, but their experiences have no bearing on what yours will be. 

3) Way too many things can happen causing you to miss the flight. A delayed disembarkation, traffic problems on the way to the airport, etc, etc. 

4) Don’t end your cruise on such a stressful note. Book an afternoon or later flight. Then take your time getting off the ship and enjoy every last minute of your cruise. Have a relaxing breakfast in the MDR. Then get off the ship when they make the “last call” announcement. We do this all of the time and trust me, it’s such a lovely way to end a cruise!

I'm with you!!  I've made it to the FLL airport by 8:15 AM ... but did self assist and there were no lines for cabs at the time.  My flight wasn't until 1:30 and if it weren't for the fact that we needed to check one of our bags, they said they would have put us on an earlier flight.  

But, another time, our flight was at 11:45 AM and there was a delay in disembarkation and we nearly missed our flight.  I hate cutting it that close and was so nervous up until I actually made it to the gate and it was still open ... thankfully!!  

I won't book flights before noon ever again.  

We were on the Magic in September with Saturday debarkation.  Our flight was 10:37 with boarding at 10:02 and we made it in plenty of time.  We are also platinum and checked our luggage.  Zone 1 was called in the dining room about 7:50 a.m.  We got a porter at the luggage pickup area and he took us around the main security line.  We were on a taxi heading to the airport at 8:10.  Because we got to the airport before most of the ship traffic, we were through security and at our gate at 8:37. 

Please note:  the letter to platinum guests who checked their luggage says to meet in the dining room at 8:00.  Because most ships have been earlier than that, we went down about 7:35 or so and there were already several others in there.  Again, we were called about 7:50, so we probably have been caught in the FTTF traffic had we waited.

8 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I'm with you!!  I've made it to the FLL airport by 8:15 AM ... but did self assist and there were no lines for cabs at the time.  My flight wasn't until 1:30 and if it weren't for the fact that we needed to check one of our bags, they said they would have put us on an earlier flight.  

But, another time, our flight was at 11:45 AM and there was a delay in disembarkation and we nearly missed our flight.  I hate cutting it that close and was so nervous up until I actually made it to the gate and it was still open ... thankfully!!  

I won't book flights before noon ever again.  

Isn't there a time limit at FLL as to how many hours before your flight that you can check your bags? I thought I read it was 4 hours? I read this a while ago so maybe that's isn't the case anymore or possibly never was.

2 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Isn't there a time limit at FLL as to how many hours before your flight that you can check your bags? I thought I read it was 4 hours? I read this a while ago so maybe that's isn't the case anymore or possibly never was.

Yes.  With some airlines it is 3 hours.

3 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I'm not sure .. we hadn't checked our bag yet and the 8:30 AM flight they were going to put us on wasn't doable because they already had the truck out loading them onto the plane.  

I took the chance and did that time frame once with so issues doing self assist. . Would I do it again, probably not, it was a bit stressful. Also because on my cruise a few weeks ago we had driven to port so no rush which turned out to be a good thing because the hand held devices that they use to scan you off the ship went down for Im not sure how long. Long enough to back everything up and cause chaos and long wait times getting off the ship and getting thru customs. No way no how could I have made an early flight. You just never know.