Shareholder Benefit Question

San10s

I filled out the required Shareholder Benefit Request Form and provided the required proof of ownership documentation in the form of a current brokerage page showing the required NCL stock shares with any other private information, other than my name, blacked out.  I have emailed them to the provided ShareholderBenefit@ncl.com address.  My question is will I be notified by email that the paperwork has been received and that the OBC has been added to my eDocs?  If not on my eDocs, where will I look for this added OBC?  This is my first time completing this process.  I always print any and all documents show any purchases, reservations, OBC, etc.  I would hope to have some printed page containing 'proof' that the OBC in fact was applied to my account.

Although I'm sure that the OBC would be used completely towards beverages or other purchases, would any OBC left from the Shareholder OBC be refundable?

Thank you in advance for information. 

You should have gotten an immediate "we got your submission" email from "do not reply..." when you sent in your paperwork.  Seems to be hit or miss on whether or not you get an "amenities" confirmation when the process is completed.

Your OBC will show on MyNCL trip summary, on the left side but will not show at the bottom with any other credits, etc.  It will also show on your edocs with code TG100 (or whatever the amount) under the onboard amenities section. 

Shareholder credits are non-refundable.

Also, they tend to get behind so it can be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months before your request is processed.  If it is taking too long, you can resubmit with a notation that you are resubmitting just in case your original request was lost.

Edited by julig22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, julig22 said:

You should have gotten an immediate "we got your submission" email from "do not reply..." when you sent in your paperwork.  Seems to be hit or miss on whether or not you get an "amenities" confirmation when the process is completed.

Your OBC will show on MyNCL trip summary, on the left side but will not show at the bottom with any other credits, etc.  It will also show on your edocs with code TG100 (or whatever the amount) under the onboard amenities section. 

Shareholder credits are non-refundable.

Also, they tend to get behind so it can be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months before your request is processed.  If it is taking too long, you can resubmit with a notation that you are resubmitting just in case your original request was lost.

Thank you for your response. It’s exactly what I was looking for. I did get the reply. I cruise in 3.5 weeks so hopefully they clearly see the date and make it happen. 😁

21 minutes ago, San10s said:

Thank you for your response. It’s exactly what I was looking for. I did get the reply. I cruise in 3.5 weeks so hopefully they clearly see the date and make it happen. 😁

Judy, they are "normally" pretty quick. In a few days, you would see an Amenities Confirmation come to you in email with the shareholder credit. 3 1/2 weeks is tooooo far away. Have a great cruise!

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Judy, they are "normally" pretty quick. In a few days, you would see an Amenities Confirmation come to you in email with the shareholder credit. 3 1/2 weeks is tooooo far away. Have a great cruise!

On my previous cruise last year , i got a amenities confirmation a few days after emailing them.

For my November cruise in about 2 weeks, i emailed them on October 15 and so far have not received a confirmation. i do the see the credit on myNCL account so i am ok.. i agree with the previous poster the confirmation email is a hit and miss

• Like 1

Didn't get an amenities confirmation, but they did call after I emailed a second time after not hearing back except the auto reply. I could also see it under my edocs. They broke up the OBC between me and my cruise partner even though only I own the stocks.

OBC is nonrefundable, cannot be used towards DSC either. I used towards some CruiseNext vouchers. 

• Like 1

Submitted the form via email w. linked PDF/attachment and within hours, received email confirmation and a "Case No." assigned for reference, that same afternoon.  By the early morning of Day 4 - "Amenity Confirmation for Reservation # xxxxxxxxx" arrived by email for said Case No (Shareholder Benefit ..." - which is also updated/shown when logged into MyNCL dot com, as described above.  

Our late Spring & mid winter submission this year was immediately acknowledged and assigned a Case No ... processed & posted within 2 to 3 business days - during business hours, as this is done by NCLH corporate.  

Always check one's "Spam Mail/Filtered In-Box" in case they got into the round file bin ... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bones774 said:

are any of the above posters solo travelers? there seems to be a question as to getting 100% or 50% of benefit.

thanks

Yes.  So far, knock on wood, I've always gotten 100% even with a solo-cruiser discount.  I'm wondering if those who are not getting the full amount are only paying a single fare, which NCL offers on under-sold cruises when they are trying to fill the ship.

5 minutes ago, jaja said:

I have sailed solo and received 100% of benefit. 

But did you pay the full fare (for a standard cabin), or did you get a bargain fare where you only paid half the room for two charge...that could make a difference, maybe.   With a Studio cabin, you are not paying a "single supplement", however, you are paying more than half of a standard inside cabin for two...sometimes even more than the full discounted price for a cabin for two...

IIRC, the fine print on the shareholder benefit form says something about not getting the full benefit, in certain condition's, such as special reduced fares...:classic_unsure:

3 minutes ago, bob brown said:

But did you pay the full fare (for a standard cabin), or did you get a bargain fare where you only paid half the room for two charge...that could make a difference, maybe.   With a Studio cabin, you are not paying a "single supplement", however, you are paying more than half of a standard inside cabin for two...sometimes even more than the full discounted price for a cabin for two...

IIRC, the fine print on the shareholder benefit form says something about not getting the full benefit, in certain condition's, such as special reduced fares...:classic_unsure:

I book with CAS , with a discount and no solo supplement ...so in essence, I am not paying full fare.  

3 hours ago, bones774 said:

thinking along those lines what is "solo cruiser discount" vs no single supplement? and what if I pay a 25% or 50% solo supplement? does the shareholder benefit get adjusted +/-

see where I'm going, just saying.

On undersold cruises, they sometimes offer true single-rates.  So when you book you see $500/pp and if you book 1 person it's $500 but 2 would be $1000.  True pp pricing vs room pricing

So perhaps you get the full shareholder benefit if your fare is anything over 50% of the room charge for 2 - if that makes sense.  So far, I've gotten the full $100 on solo discounted fares.  I've never bought a single-rate room, so can't speak to that.

32 minutes ago, bones774 said:

I have not seen double and single occupancy at same rate, as silly as it may seem I've seen double occupancy at e.g., $796 and single at $799. maybe just some accounting trick for NCL

Nov 9 sailing Western Mediterranean on the Epic - $349 for 1 guest, $698 for two, sailaway.  This came up in another discussion where the person was asking if they should book 2 in 1 cabin or book 2 cabins. 

20 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Nov 9 sailing Western Mediterranean on the Epic - $349 for 1 guest, $698 for two, sailaway.  This came up in another discussion where the person was asking if they should book 2 in 1 cabin or book 2 cabins. 

just looked at the largest online t/a and saw $346 & $349 respectively.

btw- that's an 11/3 sailing, didn't see a 11/9 epic sail

Edited by bones774

8 minutes ago, bones774 said:

yes the prices are the same, first I've seen that. but the price i see at NCL is $399 either way.

Mock booking is $349 - initial web prices are often different than prices when you go forward on the booking process.