Shareholder Benefit Question

San10s

7 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Interesting... does CAS waive the single supplement on all cruises, or just some?

Bob...I really can't say...I only know that when I do sail solo I have always just paid for me. I really do not know their policy, though there has been some discussion on CC about it not being across the board for all CAS levels, etc. . 

7 hours ago, bones774 said:

thinking along those lines what is "solo cruiser discount" vs no single supplement? and what if I pay a 25% or 50% solo supplement? does the shareholder benefit get adjusted +/-

see where I'm going, just saying.

I sail solo from time to time. I've booked with no supplement and sometimes at 125% and 150%. Sometimes sail away, sometimes free at sea rate, usually interior room.

My experience is mixed. I've received full credit about half the time and half the credit the other half of the time. I think it just depends on who picks up the request. In all cases, it was either all or half the credit. 

My craziest was  back to back 7 day cruises last year. First week was no supplement and got the full $100, second week was a 150% and only got $50. Go figure.

3 minutes ago, blcruising said:

I sail solo from time to time. I've booked with no supplement and sometimes at 125% and 150%. Sometimes sail away, sometimes free at sea rate, usually interior room.

My experience is mixed. I've received full credit about half the time and half the credit the other half of the time. I think it just depends on who picks up the request. In all cases, it was either all or half the credit. 

My craziest was  back to back 7 day cruises last year. First week was no supplement and got the full $100, second week was a 150% and only got $50. Go figure.

yeah I've heard it all before, just depends on who answers the email I guess.

did you send both shareholder requests at the same time?

10 minutes ago, bones774 said:

yeah I've heard it all before, just depends on who answers the email I guess.

did you send both shareholder requests at the same time?

Separately submitted. Booked the second leg while onboard the first. The cruisenext mgr submitted it on my behalf.

11 hours ago, blcruising said:

Separately submitted. Booked the second leg while onboard the first. The cruisenext mgr submitted it on my behalf.

That was good of the CN manager and fast response from shareholder desk. Have to appreciate little things like that.

• Like 1

So it’s been 4 days since I sent my Shareholder paperwork and have heard nothing and nothing appears on my eDocs or Summary. 

After reading the the many posts here, I see comments about my anticipated $100 OBC benefit had further stipulations. We are booked through  CAS so have a discounted cabin rate.  If I am denied any OBC due to my booking , will they notify my that I am ineligible?  Is there a phone number to call or is email my only option of communication?  

We we will be 2 weeks out from our cruise date as of Monday. 

Thanks for any fury thoughts on this. 

Thought I'd provide some follow-up.  We received an email notice from the Shareholder Benefit Team 10 days after submitting our paperwork to receive an OBC.  I am pleased to report that we received $100.00 as a shareholder for an 11 day cruise that was booked through the CAS department.  Thank you all once again for your input and great information. 

Judy

Edited by San10s
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

... I submitted my paperwork 13 days ago ... Looks like I may need to contact NCL... again.  

If you received (same day) an auto-reply email response to your successful submission with a case number from guestrelations@ncl.com ?  If you did, send a followup email and link that # to check ... 

Also, check your spam email filter.  Good luck !

32 minutes ago, San10s said:

Thought I'd provide some follow-up.  We received an email notice from the Shareholder Benefit Team 10 days after submitting our paperwork to receive an OBC.  I am pleased to report that we received $100.00 as a shareholder for an 11 day cruise that was booked through the CAS department.  Thank you all once again for your input and great information. 

Judy

What date did you originally send in the request?

3 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

If you received (same day) an auto-reply email response to your successful submission with a case number from guestrelations@ncl.com ?  If you did, send a followup email and link that # to check ... 

Also, check your spam email filter.  Good luck !

Yep, nothing in spam and OBC not on my account online

I had expected a $250 credit on a solo, 16 day cruise. I only got 50% credit in the form of $25 and $100 on-board credit certificates.  Two separate  certificates, which I thought was strange. The email said that guests paying single fare are not entitled to full benefits.  I’ve seen discussions on these boards about the various promo codes in the top right hand corner of the cruise confirmation sheets. Mine says,

ALL4FW

EASYFARE

LATITUDE

SINGLE

I am sailing solo, but believe I did not get any special solo pricing.  Does “SINGLE” mean only one person in the cabin or does it mean single or solo pricing?  Is there a listing of these codes anywhere and what they all mean?  I’m also  receiving double latitude points, but I don’t know if I should have a code on there for that or what it would be.  So confusing.....

28 minutes ago, km3045 said:

I had expected a $250 credit on a solo, 16 day cruise. I only got 50% credit in the form of $25 and $100 on-board credit certificates.  Two separate  certificates, which I thought was strange. The email said that guests paying single fare are not entitled to full benefits.  I’ve seen discussions on these boards about the various promo codes in the top right hand corner of the cruise confirmation sheets. Mine says,

ALL4FW

EASYFARE

LATITUDE

SINGLE

I am sailing solo, but believe I did not get any special solo pricing.  Does “SINGLE” mean only one person in the cabin or does it mean single or solo pricing?  Is there a listing of these codes anywhere and what they all mean?  I’m also  receiving double latitude points, but I don’t know if I should have a code on there for that or what it would be.  So confusing.....

Was your fare less than the double occupancy fare?    That is the distinction.      

Officially a solo who doesn’t pay a double occupancy rate is not entitled to the full shareholder benefit.   I have seen this happening much more frequently.   I’m getting on cruise 19 - this year,   on Sunday - b/b.   The last 4 submissions have been half benefits 

Overall- for my investing-  I have to take at least- 10 cruises every year for my return with half benefit    Which I’ve no trouble doing.  Sailing less is a poor investment otherwise.   

On the other side of the coin, I'm on a B2B cruise (20 & 21 days) and I get the shareholder benefit of $250 for each voyage ($500 OBC total but split between my cabin mate and myself ($125 each per voyage) although I'm the only shareholder in NCL but that's fine as everything gets put to my CC and I'm just going to use the $500 OBC to purchase 4 CNC).

The benefit appeared in my account about a week after I submitted the documentation.

However on my 13 & 14 day B2B NCL Pearl voyage I only got $100 OBC for each voyage ($200 total) as opposed to $250 for 27 days.

Safe Travels,

- WhosYourBuddy

Edited by WYB!

4 hours ago, km3045 said:

ALL4FW

EASYFARE

LATITUDE

SINGLE

I've never seen the SINGLE code and always go solo, so I would assume that it means you're getting a discounted rate.  I don't always pay full fare but have never paid a true single (half price) rate.

I've been told the LATITUDE code means double points.

I got a fairly quick response, sent on 10/26 and they added the benefit on 10/30.

However, it's only half the benefit.

I'm solo in the cabin, but I paid 50% "solo supplement". I put in quotes as they were offering 50% off for 2nd guest (yes I've never seen that before, just 3rd and 4th), so in my eyes I've paid a full cabin fare. We'll see what they say.