Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
dgreeney

How to find a specific topic

Recommended Posts

If you look towards the right hand corner of the screen, you will see a slot titled "Search" and the magnifying glass symbol (which seems to be the universal symbol for searching). If you click in that slot, a menu comes down...in many cases you want to select on of the menu items. I use "This Forum" frequently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^^This is correct^^^^

And thank you for asking how to search. It's not perfect, but it can help with repetitive threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some one posted recently  a nonCC way to search.   I can't  find  it but maybe  some  one remember. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help with  "PVP" (not even certain what that is), but there is a whole board for insurance information.    On the main Forum Listing page (boards.cruisecritic.com), about half way down the page is a section called "Cruise Discussion Topics".    One of the listings there is "Cruise/Travel Insurance".   Lots of good information there!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dgreeney said:

How do I find a specific topic, like insurance or PVP?

The very first board at the top of the main page is for those who need help using the forums:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/30-forum-assistance/

 

The first item there is:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/859-need-help-using-the-forums-check-here/

 

One of the often asked questions is how to search:  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not having any luck.  I know where the search bar and magnifying glass is located.  When I type in a simple search, Norwegian Sun, I get no help.  I've checked the drop down to narrow the search, and still nothing.  I do get topics entitled Norwegian, but listed are all kinds of posts but nothing specif.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dgreeney said:

I am not having any luck.  I know where the search bar and magnifying glass is located.  When I type in a simple search, Norwegian Sun, I get no help.  I've checked the drop down to narrow the search, and still nothing.  I do get topics entitled Norwegian, but listed are all kinds of posts but nothing specif.

 

What web site page/forum are you in when you are searching?  If you are looking for general information about the NCL Sun as well as Cruise Critic member reviews, you can find that by clicking "Research" in the left of the horizontal menu at the very top of the Cruise Critic page, and then selecting Ships and going from there, to get this:

 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=177

 

If you are in the NCL forum itself, then just type "Sun" in the search oval and choose "this forum" from the drop down menu, and go from there.  I just did that search and it pulls up a ton of posts about the Sun from the NCL forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

 

What web site page/forum are you in when you are searching?  If you are looking for general information about the NCL Sun as well as Cruise Critic member reviews, you can find that by clicking "Research" in the left of the horizontal menu at the very top of the Cruise Critic page, and then selecting Ships and going from there, to get this:

 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=177

 

If you are in the NCL forum itself, then just type "Sun" in the search oval and choose "this forum" from the drop down menu, and go from there.  I just did that search and it pulls up a ton of posts about the Sun from the NCL forum.

  1.  

     

    This is what I've been getting typing in "sun"

     

     

    NorwegianSun, May 21, 2020, 11 day Alaska

    KSSS2013 posted a topic in Norwegian Sun Roll Calls

    ...and first on theSun. Once some people jump on here, I will fire up a Meet and Greet for the ship if there's interest. Thank you.
  2. Looking forward to getting back to Norway and spending time on the Nieuw Statendam. Who's coming with us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dgreeney said:

This is what I've been getting typing in "sun"

 

Here's the problem: you appear to be search the entire Cruise Critic community, which is why you are getting results from forums across the site irrelevant to what you are seeking, including the Sun Princess Roll Calls.  Please do the following:  go to the NCL forum, here:

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

 

Do your search for "Sun" only in THAT forum, on THAT page as I explained in my comment above; type Sun into the search oval, and when you get the pull down menu, search only "this forum."  

 

As has been explained above, you must limit your search to the forum (or the thread) that is relevant to what you are looking for, or you will get junk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dgreeney said:

I am not having any luck.  I know where the search bar and magnifying glass is located.  When I type in a simple search, Norwegian Sun, I get no help.  I've checked the drop down to narrow the search, and still nothing.  I do get topics entitled Norwegian, but listed are all kinds of posts but nothing specif.

This thread from page two will tell you how to find info about a specific ship:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dgreeney said:

I am not having any luck.  I know where the search bar and magnifying glass is located...

 

There are TWO search & magnifying glass areas. To see & use both makes a difference if you are using a computer, phone, tablet, etc. Perhaps you cannot see both. You need to use the one right below your user name on the right side of a Cruise Critic page close to the bell. It searches the boards only.

 

Check out this thread mentioned above that should help explain:

 

 

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny keys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Host Kat said:

 

There are TWO search & magnifying glass areas. To see & use both makes a difference if you are using a computer, phone, tablet, etc. Perhaps you cannot see both. You need to use the one right below your user name on the right side of a Cruise Critic page close to the bell. It searches the boards only.

 

Check out this thread mentioned above that should help explain:

 

 

If you are looking for Norwegian Sun you need to put the phrase in quotes “Norwegian Sun” otherwise you get everything with either Norwegian or Sun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I found what I needed by  1. going to the Norwegian forum  then  2.  typing in "norwegian sun". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...