Nervous Wife

Qld13

We have just booked our second Regent cruise on Splendor in 2021 but my wife is nervous as we have not even done our first cruise!! We are on Explorer in Jan/Feb and looking forward to it but she is a bit apprehensive.

Help me pacify her please!!

• Like 1

Can you give us a bit more context. Is she afraid she will get seasick? Is she concerned that she will feel claustrophobic? Does she think she won't like the demographics. Please give us more so we can provide pacification!!

• Haha 1

none of that, just we have never done a Regent cruise and she does not want to be disappointed. We have been on Seabourn and Silversea and loved those especially Seabourn. Its just an unknown and to have booked a second cruise before experiencing the first one makes her wonder if she has done the right thing.

Edited by Qld13

We did our first last year.  It was 44 nights...quite a leap of faith.  We booked our second before we had boarded our first.  Now I can't wait...next June!   But consider this... you only risk $100 per person.  If you don't like Regent, you will receive all but $100 per person of your deposit back.  Not really a "make it or break it" deposit and you've locked in the rate and cabin.  But I'll bet y'all will be very happy and excitedly look forward to your second cruise!  

4 hours ago, Qld13 said:

none of that, just we have never done a Regent cruise and she does not want to be disappointed. We have been on Seabourn and Silversea and loved those especially Seabourn. Its just an unknown and to have booked a second cruise before experiencing the first one makes her wonder if she has done the right thing.

Yes,I wondered if you have done the right thing especially as you have not sailed with Regent before.

Try the first cruise and if Regent is not for you go back and book with Seabourn as you know that they suit your taste.

If it’s good then stick with the second cruise.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Our first Regent Cruise was also our first cruise.  We, too, were a bit apprehensive:  Would we like it?  Would we enjoy the food?  Would the service live up to our expectations?  Would this be a good use of our vacation time/money?  Etc, etc, etc...

By the third day of our first cruise we were already booking our next one.  We’re currently Gold and leaving for #11 in a few months with yet another one booked and 3 or 4 we’re looking at.  I think it’s a pretty safe bet y’all will be fine.   😁

• Like 1

If she liked Seabourn, she will almost certainly like Regent. Seabourn does a few things a little better than Regent, and vice versa.  But overall the experiences are comparable. I'm a Regent veteran (~160 nights and booked for a 4-month world cruise) and only two weeks on Seabourn, but would happily sail with Seabourn again.

• Haha 1

Hi

Thanks everyone for your replies I think she can sleep easy now!!

16 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Wondering if you are on our cruise ... Explorer January 28, 2020?

Boarding 28/1 through to 21/2

On 10/23/2019 at 4:04 PM, taxare said:

Can you give us a bit more context. Is she afraid she will get seasick? Is she concerned that she will feel claustrophobic? Does she think she won't like the demographics. Please give us more so we can provide pacification!!

The demographics are all over the board, experienced travelers.

Seasick, try to obtain Stugeron.  Sometimes there is lots of motion, sometimes not.  Depends where you are going.

I don't believe she will be claustrophobic.  Ships are well designed.