Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Hi John! We are onboard with you both weeks. Just started packing today. Drive to the hotel tomorrow for an overnight before we board. Kinda glad we are driving because I'm pretty sure there was no way NOT to overpack for this cruise. Halloween, theme parties, 50th Anniversary gold celebration, plus all the usual stuff. Looking forward to seeing you two onboard. 😊

 

I started packing yesterday. We have an entire suitcase of crap, including two Crystal blocks I'm trading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a favor to ask. Can anyone take this picture and Photoshop Symphony in so it looks like she's 8-10 miles off the coast.

We pass Havana on Halloween, hopefully in the afternoon. This is the old Havana Yacht Club beach

I'd like to do it for my dad. He'd get a kick out of it. 

Thanks

 

0342718300101072_0001.thumb.jpg.f738ba9fe0fb26a67a0d6b3f392868aa.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to this.  And yes please people stop quoting pictures.  geez......;)

I can only imagine what the SL will be like on the 50th cruise!  <shudder shake>

have a great time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:
2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

@CruiseLifeRick will be adding to fun?

 

I'm not sure. He has appeared in our Roll Call. 

I'm sure he will be on Periscope and Instagram


There will be several #PooleParty / #jumpinthepoole / #RoyalWedding attendees on the 50th cruise in addition to Rick.... I think Jason said he's got a group of 70+ going.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Will do, Graham. I'll try and post a Bella pic that day in your honor


Gratuitous adorable doggie pics are always welcome, in my book!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...a B2B on Symbphony!  We were on her in March with your first week itinerary.  Love Symphony!  I always enjoy your reviews so look forward to following along.  Have a great cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be our first sailing on Symphony, but our 20 somethingth on an Oasis ship. I think they are my favorite.

FB_IMG_1571797888958.jpg.f25b55a0a97af1a28bfc9a045c6785c2.jpg

 

Here's a little graphic from Royal

cw-infographic-royal-caribbean-symphony-of-the-seas.thumb.jpg.d8588df37ebb6909579d60e511687486.jpg

 

I'm looking forward to Hooked, El Loco Fresh and the Solarium Pool.

 

I also understand the Flight show and Ice Skate show are fabulous

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!!!...sooo happy to follow you..so glad you are doing the review!

Can't wait for your El Loco Fresh review!!

 

Have a great trip!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, molly361 said:

And to add you also don't have to post "following" in order to follow a thread.  There's a place to click to follow the thread on the top right hand side

Ok. I know where the “Subscribe” feature is on my MacBook. I have no clue where it might be using my iPhone?  Suggestions 

 

I do very little with my MacBook, Laptop, or iMac. I use my phone now 99% of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Cabin

 

As I mentioned earlier, the prices at time of booking were crazy expensive. They have since come down considerably.😉

 

Plan A

I first tried to book through a group booking, but that was a bunch of BS. The TA was very sketchy, and I finally gave up.

 

Plan B was enacted.

 

Laura qualifies for a free annual cruise courtesy of Casino Royale. It's an inside cabin, but we're not picky. 

The downside is I had to wait until April to book it. Got lucky and found a great cabin available both weeks.

So we paid for week 1 and Casino Royale paid for week 2.  Hopefully, Laura doesn't give it all back in the Casino.

 

I had a Plan C as well. We earned a free balcony cabin when we passed 1050 C&A points. We ended up using that for Harmony on my birthday this summer.

 

Anyway, we got a great cabin on Deck 9. It's a CP view. Never had one, but it's similar to the Promenade View cabins on Freedom, so it should be fine. 

1466452066_Central-Park-stateroom-no-balcony-HM-1024x682.thumb.jpg.6bcf5dcd50329187bef7a307ea9dfbcf.jpg

 

We are above CP150 and close to Dazzles, 9641. Not sure about the obstructed view symbol

sy_deck09_v2018_Apr.thumb.jpg.d466a2cecafaa3e46032de7e3c9fabc6.jpg

 

1370517_8_450.jpg.26f3da97f4443d73947b50efa5459204.jpg

 

I'll tell you why being close to Dazzles is fortuitous in a minute😁🍷

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Our Host

 

This is Michael Bayley, President & CEO of Royal Caribbean International

 

Mbayley@rccl.com

 

I have a goal to get a selfie with him. If anyone else gets one, please post it. 

Do these count?

 

22C7195B-A6D8-4AAA-B56E-D594805E6A38.jpeg

14B3A562-91A4-46F1-89AE-45171391992B.jpeg

A4D192A4-B209-4428-A4A6-B389DA4B4E7A.jpeg

C02280F7-7868-496D-87AA-7B257DC6117D.jpeg

65726E89-1040-4D75-8208-091203517824.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not sure about the obstructed view symbol

I assume some tree in front of the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Do these count?

 

22C7195B-A6D8-4AAA-B56E-D594805E6A38.jpeg

 

 

This is what I was talking about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I assume some tree in front of the window.

 

That sounds about right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Our Cabin

 

As I mentioned earlier, the prices at time of booking were crazy expensive. They have since come down considerably.😉

 

Plan A

I first tried to book through a group booking, but that was a bunch of BS. The TA was very sketchy, and I finally gave up.

 

Plan B was enacted.

 

Laura qualifies for a free annual cruise courtesy of Casino Royale. It's an inside cabin, but we're not picky. 

The downside is I had to wait until April to book it. Got lucky and found a great cabin available both weeks.

So we paid for week 1 and Casino Royale paid for week 2.  Hopefully, Laura doesn't give it all back in the Casino.

 

I had a Plan C as well. We earned a free balcony cabin when we passed 1050 C&A points. We ended up using that for Harmony on my birthday this summer.

 

Anyway, we got a great cabin on Deck 9. It's a CP view. Never had one, but it's similar to the Promenade View cabins on Freedom, so it should be fine. 

 

We are above CP150 and close to Dazzles, 9641. Not sure about the obstructed view symbol

 

I'll tell you why being close to Dazzles is fortuitous in a minute😁🍷

 

No quoted pictures 

 

So on this cruise your an “Official “ NSPP...  (not my term).   Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

 

So on this cruise your an “Official “ NSPP...  (not my term).   Lol

 

Correct, no big deal. Whatever it takes is my motto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, here is last years special accommodations matrix. 

491761038_lastyear.jpg.2ed0f60787f803b7ee887b35dfba3b52.jpg

 

This year, they created a separate list for each of the 3 top tiers

FB_IMG_1571797662958.jpg.004a23ae5dd98e69cb377299d9e60293.jpg

 

20191022_223418.jpg.fc4bbab63ab8b1181f3fe6f0f8d8d0fb.jpg

 

Screenshot_20191017-172340_Facebook.thumb.jpg.c5e6385ff99e9cd56d19871d5382d8d1.jpg

 

Being close to Dazzles means we're close to Happy Hour lounge. We're also close to Chops for breakfast.

Winner winner chicken dinner. 😎

 

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, here is last years special accommodations matrix. 

491761038_lastyear.jpg.2ed0f60787f803b7ee887b35dfba3b52.jpg

 

This year, they created a separate list for each of the 3 top tiers

 

Quoted picture for effect. 
 

Saw this last year. It obviously wasn’t enforced. Didn’t you make your reservations to the CK the week prior (first leg B2B). I know Suite Guests who could NOT get any CK reservations for the week. You would think If this was enforced, Suite Guests could have reserved the remaining nights the first day onboard. 
 

Maybe like Dress Codes, only a Suggestion. 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have gotten one setback pre cruise. It's been discussed a bit on the boards lately. Coast Guard Inspection😱

 

This letter was received a week or so ago

535409998_CGInspection.JPG.5b56925e78e64ed3eaef4dbf7d962c78.JPG

 

We had planned on arriving at around noon on Saturday so we could enjoy a nice lunch in CK. We probably still will, but Laura wants to stop at Lilly Pulitzer on Las Olas now. 💲💲😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Quoted picture for effect. 
 

Saw this last year. It obviously wasn’t enforced. Didn’t you make your reservations to the CK the week prior (first leg B2B). I know Suite Guests who could NOT get any CK reservations for the week. You would think If this was enforced, Suite Guests could have reserved the remaining nights the first day onboard. 
 

Maybe like Dress Codes, only a Suggestion. 😱

 

Correct, but we only reserved 3 nights as I recall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe your cruise director is Mike Szwajkowski on this cruise.  He was the CD on our first ever Royal cruise - and we just loved him.  I hope he's as fun as he was back then on Liberty.  Looking forward to your review.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...