VISTA / FIRST LIVE / FIRST SOLO - Nov. 1-8, 2019

bnbeyer

image.png.e34b812c89557c8c73758b9be613c776.png

I'm getting really excited.  I fly Friday afternoon, so just 2 days until my trip!!!

It has been a challenging week though.  My 17 y/o son has had a bad cold, and we found out yesterday that he has strep throat AND mono.  They even did a CT scan on his throat because he had a lump that was looking ugly. The CT scan results were good, thank goodness.  My husband also has a scratchy throat and an ear infection, so he got antibiotics also.

I was really sick 3 weeks ago with walking pneumonia. It's been such a hard fall for illnesses for this household. I called my doctor and told him about all of this, and he gave me an antibiotics prescription as well. With me traveling next week for the cruise and the week after for business, he thought it would be best.  I'm also taking Airborne to try and boost my immunities.  I do compulsively wash my hands, but that just hasn't been enough this year I guess.

Good thing I'm flying in on Friday and will be able to shower and change clothes Saturday morning before boarding the ship.  I don't want to be a carrier for germs to thousands of ship passengers!!!

• Like 1

I hope you have a wonderful time! I love the beach chair and just might have to get one of those. I'd love to cruise solo, but I don't think my DH would be thrilled with the idea. I'll be following along to see how you like it! 

Oh, and hope you feel better. 

Edited by CruzerDeb
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

I hope you have a wonderful time! I love the beach chair and just might have to get one of those. I'd love to cruise solo, but I don't think my DH would be thrilled with the idea. I'll be following along to see how you like it!

What I'm looking forward to trying with the chair is putting it down near the waterline so I can have my feet in the water while I read my book.  You can't do that with the rental chairs/loungers.  We'll see how well it works. 

My husband and I have always supported each other's independent interests. He knows I love to travel for pleasure and business, but he doesn't like traveling very often. 

Edited by bnbeyer
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Looking forward to the review!  We are doing the same itinerary on the Vista on 11/30.  Though Cozumel is first and Montego Bay last.  Have a great time!

We are headed out on Vista 11/16 - same itinerary you posted.

:)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, watermelonqueen99 said:

I wish. With some recovery hiccups here and there and the final medical bills coming in, we had to delay our next cruise until spring 2020. 😞

Sorry to hear that. Just a few more months though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, acthorson said:

I just read a review about how Horizon has those smart elevators.  Does Vista have that, too? Can anyone answer now, or could you let me know when you board, @bnbeyer?

I saw that too. I'll make it a point to check it out.  I don't have a Havana cabin, so I'm sure I'll be all over the ship.

I'm all packed now. I leave for the airport at 11:30 tomorrow morning, so I'll have plenty of time to add the chargers and my Chrome book into my carry-on bag (left) and my curling iron into my checked bag (right). 

I didn't actually pack that many clothes, but with my beach chair, snorkeling mask, and other beach stuff, the 25" suitcase is full. I weighed it, and it was 46 pounds, so okay.

My husband and I are dropping off my Explorer to the dealership before he takes me to the airport so they can address a recall issue while I'm away and don't need the car. If you read my first post, you know I had a horrible car accident in January, and my new one is a 2016. I love it!

This is my first time posting a picture from my phone, so I wasn't sure what size to pick. We'll see how it turns out.

FA2BA95E-447F-4C1E-B542-6EE09563BD4B.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm all ready to go. Time to do some work before I head out, but I wanted to show you my nails. I do my own nails once per week to keep them from breaking and splitting. I like how this color and glitter topcoat turned out. 😎  The ring is pink sapphires which my husband gave me for my birthday. It was a "my wife almost died so I better give her something special" gift. ❤️

D4680B36-5680-4BEE-9812-4042969B181B.jpeg

Edited by bnbeyer
  • Like 6