Photos of Oosterdam Deck 10 balconies ?

chanc

We just booked a Deck 10 balcony room on the Oosterdam for a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise at the end of this year.  I've just read a few comments on this board about how narrow the balconies are for the Deck 10 rooms.  If anyone has photos of what the balconies look at for any of the rooms on Deck 10 that they can share, that would help me a lot ! 

thanks!

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:
nodm10019-IMG_9457

Thanks to Meke’sMom for submitting that picture to HALfacts.

This is a good opportunity to remind CC posters that the pictures on halfacts are ONLY for us on HALFacts.  The owners of the pictures provided authorizations for the use there - no where else.

Going forward, please provide ONLY LINKS to the pictures, do not post HALFacts pictures.

For reference - here are the terms from the HALFacts site - Submission of pictures and comments to “pictures@halfacts.com” grants permission to use that information on this website. All pictures and comments remain the property of the submitter who must provide permission for any other use.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TAD2005 said:

Another site to get actual pictures of cabins is cruise deck plans dot com.   Join as a member and you can view all the pictures.

Thanks for this tip.

OMG, those balconies are narrow.  Can a passenger even sit down without bruising knees?  

5 hours ago, kazu said:

This is a good opportunity to remind CC posters that the pictures on halfacts are ONLY for us on HALFacts.  The owners of the pictures provided authorizations for the use there - no where else.

Going forward, please provide ONLY LINKS to the pictures, do not post HALFacts pictures.

For reference - here are the terms from the HALFacts site - Submission of pictures and comments to “pictures@halfacts.com” grants permission to use that information on this website. All pictures and comments remain the property of the submitter who must provide permission for any other use.

Thank you for pointing out that we should not copy the pics on HALFacts to paste elsewhere. I hadn't realized that to do so is really a violation of trust. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, VennDiagram said:

We got assigned one of those Deck 10 verandahs on a guaranty.  I was VERY concerned and when we got offered an upsell to a suite, I grabbed it.

I am so glad we didn't end up with the original assignment!

Would you mind sharing how much was the upgrade to the suite ? I really like the Deck 10 location but that horrible balcony is the concern. 

1 hour ago, chanc said:

Would you mind sharing how much was the upgrade to the suite ?

That would vary widely depending on which ship, itinerary, and other factors of VennDiagram's cruise.  I would look at the current prices on your cruise of a VB and SZ or SY, and I would be willing to pay up to half the difference.

However, if you call to initiate the change they will want the full difference. You have hope they offer an upgrade to get a price break.

Edited by catl331

4 hours ago, catl331 said:

That would vary widely depending on which ship, itinerary, and other factors of VennDiagram's cruise.  I would look at the current prices on your cruise of a VB and SZ or SY, and I would be willing to pay up to half the difference.

However, if you call to initiate the change they will want the full difference. You have hope they offer an upgrade to get a price break.

Thank you ! That’s excellent advice.

8 hours ago, chanc said:

Would you mind sharing how much was the upgrade to the suite ? I really like the Deck 10 location but that horrible balcony is the concern. 

I honestly can't remember.  IMHO, you could try contacting your travel agent or HAL (depending on how you booked) and try for a different cabin in the same or a bit lower category.  What is there about the location of the current on that you like? 

Edited by VennDiagram

On 10/28/2019 at 11:06 AM, chanc said:

We just booked a Deck 10 balcony room on the Oosterdam for a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise at the end of this year.  I've just read a few comments on this board about how narrow the balconies are for the Deck 10 rooms.  If anyone has photos of what the balconies look at for any of the rooms on Deck 10 that they can share, that would help me a lot ! 

thanks!

Another option might be to rent a Retreat Cabana.  The cabanas are directly above your present cabin. Take a look at the Oosterdam deck plans.  Just take a quick walk up the stairs and you have a large "balcony" with food and beverage service.  Full disclosure:  I haven't experienced one yet, but I'm on the same ship in December and rented one.  There are many positive comments about the cabanas on this site.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

20 hours ago, chanc said:

Further info on the upsell to the Signature Suite.  It arrived about 48 hrs pre cruise.  In the future, if we get another guarantee assignment we don't like, I will definitely contact HAL and see if they could move us down a cabin grade (eg, from a VB to a VC or VD) to improve our cabin.

16 hours ago, VennDiagram said:

I honestly can't remember.  IMHO, you could try contacting your travel agent or HAL (depending on how you booked) and try for a different cabin in the same or a bit lower category.  What is there about the location of the current on that you like? 

3 hours ago, VennDiagram said:

Further info on the upsell to the Signature Suite.  It arrived about 48 hrs pre cruise.  In the future, if we get another guarantee assignment we don't like, I will definitely contact HAL and see if they could move us down a cabin grade (eg, from a VB to a VC or VD) to improve our cabin.

Thanks @VennDiagram ! I like the location for a number of reasons. This is purely an "on paper" opinion as we have not sailed on the Oosterdam before : 

- Very small number of cabins on Deck 10 which should be more private due to less foot traffic past the cabins

- Very close to the Exploration Cafe which is an area we liked on the Eurodam

- The pool and the Lido buffet is just one floor down which is super convenient

The only downside is the sliver of a balcony.  We'll have to keep our fingers crossed that hopefully there'll be some suite upsell offers that come through before the cruise.

@CabinForOne Thanks for the suggestion !