First time I received this ... Name matching exactly

AlexandNessa

1 hour ago, Sweetnspicy said:

Is it only people that have booked NCL that are getting this email? I haven’t received one for my cruise nor anyone in our roll call. 

54 minutes ago, Sweetnspicy said:

Sorry I typed too quickly and meant NCL Air! 

I don't have any NCL air booked but I received the email. Perhaps you've hit on something when you said "nor anyone on our roll call". Just speculating, but whether you get the email could be a function of the itinerary. I'm on some cruises where a passport is required...passengers can't use a birth certificate and government ID like you can on a closed loop cruise leaving from a US port.  What type of cruise are you taking?

Edited by njhorseman

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

I don't have any NCL air booked but I received the email. Perhaps you've hit on something when you said "nor anyone on our roll call". Just speculating, but whether you get the email could be a function of the itinerary. I'm on some cruises where a passport is required...passengers can't use a birth certificate and government ID like you can on a closed loop cruise leaving from a US port.  What type of cruise are you taking?

Southern Caribbean from San Juan. 

On 11/15/2019 at 9:07 PM, Sweetnspicy said:

Is it only people that have booked NCL that are getting this email? I haven’t received one for my cruise nor anyone in our roll call. 

I booked online and did not receive a email.  I do not intend to call unless I hear there are people having trouble at check in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neffqueen said:

Spoke to NCL and they apologize for this email sent to everyone. It only applies to international guest flying in and the panama canal sailings. Those that are in the US and returning do not need to be adding the middle name.

It didn't go to everyone. 

A couple of days ago this was posted here:

On 11/15/2019 at 9:07 PM, Sweetnspicy said:

I'm concerned about this issue. It seems as if there should be room for middle names to be entered on the website, if that is so important, but that is not the case. Any updates from anyone having problems at boarding? I emailed the address mentioned above (valley village). No response. Will call. It's annoying.

On 11/18/2019 at 2:01 PM, neffqueen said:

Spoke to NCL and they apologize for this email sent to everyone. It only applies to international guest flying in and the panama canal sailings. Those that are in the US and returning do not need to be adding the middle name.

did they say why panama canal sailings?

Booked on Bliss for Alaska in May, got no message in my email or on my NCL account messages. Do we have know if its only for panama or international booking like previously stated? I was on hold with NCL for about 30 minutes before I gave up and will call again later 

I just called a second time and got right thru, she didn't have a straight answer about if the names needed to match for domestic travel or international but because our last stop is in Victoria, BC I had our middle names added just to be safe 

I don't have a middle name on my birth certificate, so I've never had to deal with THAT issue. That being said, before I got my first passport, I had gotten married and change my last name to my husband's. So, I had to change driver's license, voting resistration, etc. When I enrolled to take some night courses, I used his last name. ANYWAY, when we got divorced, I requested to get my maiden name back. Changed all the above documents to reflect my name. Done deal. When I re-married I didn't have to, nor did I want to, change my last name. Got my passport, driver's license, etc. with my maiden name and I've never looked back.