First time I received this ... Name matching exactly

AlexandNessa

6 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

This is maybe our tenth NCL cruise, but the first time we've received this. Our cruise docs have middle initials. Passports list full middle names. Wrote my TA to update, but I guess they're cracking down on these things? 

Screenshot_20191108-120426_Email.thumb.jpg.87b0ec5d8efc7eeed76a0ed9cad93344.jpg

i called this morning and yes! you must make sure middle names are on your ncl docs if that is what is on your passport! i had to fix mine and my sons girlfriend both were missing middle names on my ncl account  never had a problem before but the rep said they are starting to crack down and may not let you board if not correct

2 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

Can name corrections be made during on-line check in or does your NCL cruise consultant need to do it?

not sure  i called this morning and the rep did it over the phone then sent me out a new confirmation email with the name changes on it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Smong said:

not sure  i called this morning and the rep did it over the phone then sent me out a new confirmation email with the name changes on it

Smong, did you use an agent? I'm wondering if I can do this myself, even though I worked with an agent. 

Just now, AlexandNessa said:

Smong, did you use an agent? I'm wondering if I can do this myself, even though I worked with an agent. 

we book through CAS but i just called the regular number for NCL this morning and they did it for me. I didnt see anywhere to do it myself and wanted to make sure it was done correctly since we are leaving in 2 weeks

11 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

Nope. You’ll need to call your TA. 

NCL probably getting too many false positive hits for restricted persons with no middle name or just an initial requiring secondary screening at checkin (and maybe getting DHS pushback). And too many people who make a reservation, have a name change, and show up expecting the shore agents accept name change paperwork. Again, requiring DHS intervention.  

• Thanks 1

I received the same email for the first time ever.  My passport and my son’s passport has our middle names on them so I called TA to have them add our middle names to NCL bookings.  I would rather be safe then to show up and be denied boarding just because of this.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, thegreeneyedkri said:

AlexandNessa - did you get this via e-mail or the ncl.com mailbox?  We head out in January on our first cruise and have not received a similar e-mail (and I just checked, our information does NOT include our middle names - so it won't match our passports).

I got the email for my November cruise this morning.  But have not received any emails yet for my 2 January cruises.  I'm guessing those will come in due time.  Guess I better call NCL too.

28 minutes ago, thegreeneyedkri said:

AlexandNessa - did you get this via e-mail or the ncl.com mailbox?  We head out in January on our first cruise and have not received a similar e-mail (and I just checked, our information does NOT include our middle names - so it won't match our passports).

But yes, looks officially from NCL. 

11 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

But yes, looks officially from NCL. 

Checked my ncl.com inbox and my e-mail - nothing.  Looks like they are sending them out closer to your departure date (based on MeHeartCruising's post). Which would be why I haven't received it yet. 

• Like 1

I just called NCL and the agent told me that they are getting a ton of calls this morning to make the necessary changes.  She indicated that it appears they really need their reservations to match your Passport (or other IDs, I assume).  After making the changes to 3 existing reservations that I have, she sent out a new confirmation PDF via email for each.   The updated names are in the confirmation.  I also now see my updated names in my ncl.com account profile and on all my cruise documents that need to be printed out.   I was only on hold about 3 minutes before getting to an agent on the phone.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

If this is a requirement NCL needs to update  their  profile fields and add one for middle name!!!!!! Instead of the customer sitting on hold for an hour on the phone, we could all go in and add our middle names. 

In total agreement, and now I know to use my full name for any future bookings so I'm not dealing with this < one month from embarkation. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Nope. You’ll need to call your TA. 

NCL probably getting too many false positive hits for restricted persons with no middle name or just an initial requiring secondary screening at checkin (and maybe getting DHS pushback). And too many people who make a reservation, have a name change, and show up expecting the shore agents accept name change paperwork. Again, requiring DHS intervention.  

Actually, no...  if you read it, it seems to be geared towards people who have gotten married or divorced or some other event AFTER their citizenship document was issued, which is increasingly common these days.    

1 minute ago, cliffd64 said:

Actually, no...  if you read it, it seems to be geared towards people who have gotten married or divorced or some other event AFTER their citizenship document was issued, which is increasingly common these days.    

No!!  if you have your middle name on your passport you MUST add it to your NCL account!

• Like 2

Just now, Smong said:

No!!  if you have your middle name on your passport you MUST add it to your NCL account!

Exactly! Why take a chance? Call, get the name updated and relax.  My account had my middle name on it until just recently. For some reason, it's now just my first & last name.  

Heck, I don't even use my first name, LOL.  🤣

Just called NCL - no wait time - updated our names for a December cruise and was told it would update for all future cruises. Glad I saw this thread. I had deleted the email thinking it was just unnecessary. Still, ridiculous that people can't take care of this on their website!

• Like 3

Technically speaking this has been the rule since 2007 with WHTI.  Somewhere, I can’t find it, I read that April of 2020 was the so called deadline. My memory is not all that great so that may be a phantom thought. Stands to reason the DHS would start pushing for that now