First time I received this ... Name matching exactly

AlexandNessa

Received this yesterday as well. Middle names on our passports... No middle names on our reservation, no way to add them on the site... Pretty silly to have to call them for this 10 days our from our trip.. but better safe than sorry I suppose. 

• Like 2

Thank you for opening this thread!  I wonder if it also has to do with the free or discounted air promotion.   My cruise isn't until January but I have TSA pre-check and the airline ticket has to match your passport, which in my case has my middle name.   My NCL reservation does not and I totally forgot about updating it.   

Honestly, due to TSA pre-check, I think I've heard my middle name used more this year than in those infamous parental scoldings where DM or DF used your first and last name combined! 😇

• Like 3

Yes, thanks for this thread.  I haven't gotten an email (cruise in about a month) but had my TA fix it and my eDocs have been updated.  Guess I need to check with my flights as well, just in case, since NCL made the reservations.

31 minutes ago, stormynow said:

Just off the phone with NCL to upgrade my 12/9/19 Pearl res.  Middle names on passport but none on res., he said not to worry.  Everything in order.

I wouldn't doubt I'm going overboard in ensuring our passports match exactly with our middle names, but NCL didn't exactly make that clear, and I'm not taking any chances.

I am going to be annoyed though if I have to look at my middle name the whole cruise on my key card. I hate it and wished I changed it to my maiden name when I got married. 😁

10 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

If this is a requirement NCL needs to update  their  profile fields and add one for middle name!!!!!! Instead of the customer sitting on hold for an hour on the phone, we could all go in and add our middle names. 

AMEN!!!  As who in the world would think that the difference between a middle initial and middle FULL name would cause an issue?

I called tonight since I have a cruise in 9 days.  Was on hold about a minute, had it all taken care of in less than 5 minutes and my e-docs were updated by the time I logged in.  Couldn't be easier and now I don't have to worry about having an issue at the port.  Since this is apparently very recent, I am sure the profile fields will be updated soon.

1 hour ago, adam_s_allen said:

2 cruises booked. One next month and haven’t received an email. I don’t have air booked through NCL. As someone else mentioned maybe that’s who’s getting the emails?

i do not have air booked through NCL and i got the email  my cruise is in 2 weeks so i would look for an email coming soon or just call and make sure everything is correct now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adam_s_allen said:

2 cruises booked. One next month and haven’t received an email. I don’t have air booked through NCL. As someone else mentioned maybe that’s who’s getting the emails?

No air here. I live in NJ and our cruise is closed loop out of NYC. 

I called, a rep updated the info on all 3 upcoming cruises, told me I needed to go into my NCL account and update my profile.

When I go into Edit my profile, it will not let me change my name, and has no place to enter a middle name.  

Am I missing something?

I received the same email the other day and called NCL as my my travel docs only contained first and last names they added our middle names to travels docs since our passports contained those to.I had to reprint travel docs and all matched now. If this is going to happen NCL need to change their passenger information to INCLUDE the middle name. I bet a lot of people won't head the email and will have issues at embarkation time at the port. Sailing on Sun 12/2/19

37 minutes ago, Sea saw 56 said:

I called, a rep updated the info on all 3 upcoming cruises, told me I needed to go into my NCL account and update my profile.

When I go into Edit my profile, it will not let me change my name, and has no place to enter a middle name.  

Am I missing something?

The rep you talked to is wrong.  You should call again.  I changed mine yesterday and the rep I talked to agreed that there is no way for a customer to change it themselves.  NCL has zero interest in having a fully functioning website, for whatever reason.  

I too called my PCC at NCL to inquiry about this. We have 3 up coming cruises booked, first one Jan 26 on Getaway. MyNCL profile and cruise reservation docs have first name, middle initial, last name in place. He said as long as the middle name initial is there we would be ok, he didn't adjust my info to show full middle names. Hope he is correct. 

Just talked to my TA, they got the email yesterday and are sending letters out to everyone that is booked on NCL.  I had not gotten the letter (said I would get it one day this next week) because my TA is still sending them out.  She was able to add our middle names with a call to NCL. If you are booked through a TA you have to call them, NCL will not do it.

So if you haven't done it, I would advice it.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

1 minute ago, kdmbluerzr said:

I too called my PCC at NCL to inquiry about this. We have 3 up coming cruises booked, first one Jan 26 on Getaway. MyNCL profile and cruise reservation docs have first name, middle initial, last name in place. He said as long as the middle name initial is there we would be ok, he didn't adjust my info to show full middle names. Hope he is correct. 

Your booking has to match your passport. If your passport has your full middle name your booking also has to have your full middle name. If your passport just has just a middle initial then your booking should just have your middle initial. 

• Like 2

Just now, njhorseman said:

Your booking has to match your passport. If your passport has your full middle name your booking also has to have your full middle name. If your passport just has just a middle initial then your booking should just have your middle initial. 

Thanks for info. Our passports have full middle names. I will be calling NCL again.

25 minutes ago, kdmbluerzr said:

Thanks for info. Our passports have full middle names. I will be calling NCL again.

And it just takes them a few seconds to do it. My travel agent changed my profile yesterday and as soon as I got off the phone my records for all 14 cruises (no joke...14)  I have booked were updated. By updating your profile the correct information will automatically populate your cruise reservation records.

NCL could save their reps and travel agents a lot of work by allowing you to enter your own middle name on line, but at present you can't. I think the problem took them by surprise so it will take a while for the website to be updated to permit you to do this on your own.

I suspect the real reason for this suddenly becoming an issue was not the cruises per se, but all the airline tickets NCL had been booking because of the free air promotion. Probably a lot of passengers were having problems at the airport with airline tickets booked in names that didn't exactly match their ID.

Certainly up until now DHS really didn't care if there was a a slight discrepancy in the middle name for the cruise itself. The only thing they cared about was that the first and last names on the booking matched your ID. In fact NCL's email directly references that, not the middle name issue. The email directly addresses name changes due to marriage, divorce, etc. The middle name issue is only implied. 

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1