Any benefit to Forward vs Aft cabins on the Grandeur? (inside or oceanview)

38 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Interesting.  They don't show up on the website unless I choose 3 or 4 person rooms.  Also, the Royal Caribbean agent I spoke with said they are reserved for 3 or 4 persons.  I'm not doubting you at all, but how do you reserve them for less than 3 people?  Do you pay double occupancy or triple?

Category 1M.  There are no 2M (dual occupancy) versions on the Grandeur.

Thanks.

I just book them.  The next one, on November 30, with Hannibal 😉, I booked on the phone with RC.

The next two, B2B in February,  I booked on board the Jewel.

Try calling C&A.  800-526-9723

We've been on Grandeur numerous times.  Our preference is Deck 4.  Deck 7 Aft on starboard side was tough right above Schooner bar with late night music because we're not night owls.  Deck 2 forward you'll get docking noise. 

On 11/11/2019 at 4:45 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I just book them.  The next one, on November 30, with Hannibal 😉, I booked on the phone with RC.

The next two, B2B in February,  I booked on board the Jewel.

Try calling C&A.  800-526-9723

We've been fortunate enough to enjoy these cabins twice and are booked again in one this coming April.  What's weird is that after the first time, we loved it so much that I tried to book another one while I was still on board Grandeur for our next cruise (a year out at the time) and was told the same thing as The Fun Researcher is experiencing, that they no longer would allow just two people, they were saving them for 3-4 persons, so I booked an ocean view on deck 4.  Then for my next cruise after that, I found one available on a warehouse site and immediately e-mailed my TA and she was able to book it for us.  For our upcoming cruise in April, my TA had no trouble booking the 1M/they now call the Spacious Ocean View (used to be Panoramic Ocean View) for us.  I wonder if they save them for 3-4 people for a while and maybe if someone cancels then it becomes available?  It is a total mystery to me...  HAHA, well much of what rccl does is a total mystery to me...  😎 

4 hours ago, SRF said:

You could always book 3 people, and have the 3rd no show. 🙂

I actually asked the RCCL  representative and she said it was possible, people don’t show up for cruises all the time. 😉 However it’s quite an up charge  to pay for a third person for the extra square footage of those cabins.  In that case it does not make it worth it.

Dan

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 12:52 PM, Sarajevosue said:

Doesn't make much difference. It's a small ship.  My only advice is to avoid deck 8.  Deck 9 causes a lot of noise!

Unless you want a JS or above.  Deck 8 it is .....(or wake cabins on deck 7 for JS).  

On 11/11/2019 at 4:07 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Interesting.  They don't show up on the website unless I choose 3 or 4 person rooms.  Also, the Royal Caribbean agent I spoke with said they are reserved for 3 or 4 persons.  I'm not doubting you at all, but how do you reserve them for less than 3 people?  Do you pay double occupancy or triple?

Category 1M.  There are no 2M (dual occupancy) versions on the Grandeur.

Thanks.

Wait until later to either book or change into one of those cabins when they are released.

I am totally frustrated with my attempt at trying to book same 1B cabin on last leg of Serenade, that just became available to book 2 weeks ago...due to requiring more than 2 pax to a cabin.  We are already IN that cabin for previous leg, having had no problem booking it at that time.  Was hoping not to have to change cabins.  

RCI will hold out those cabins until later, with attempt to make more money on same cabin, being able to charge for extra pax in it.  

On 11/9/2019 at 5:08 PM, biomedbob said:

Been on over 20 cruises on her.  Deck 2, forward, never had a problem in any kind of seas!

Did you ever notice an issue with a sewer smell? I’m booked on Nov 30th Deck 2 aft. I heard there’s an odor coming from the bathroom. 

13 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Such odors are “usually” episodic rather than constant. 

Good to know. Never booked an ocean view, always had balconies. Also, it’s my first time on Grandeur. So was getting a little nervous when I read about this.

Thank you

On 11/13/2019 at 10:20 AM, lenquixote66 said:

We only book deck 8 on the Grandeur and never had a problem with noise.

This is good to know as we have a Deck 8 aft cabin on our next Grandeur cruise. When we booked there were just a few desirable (to us) interiors left.  Plus, with meditation apps on our tablets and earbuds, we are prepared should any noise occur.

Thank you all for the replies. We are sailing with friends and we decided  on an inside cabin and ocean view cabin 3053 and 3052 respectively.

This gives us cabins above us and below us and puts us mid ship. I figure that will give us the most chance of having quiet cabins and easy access to the front or rear elevators as well as the least chance of the ship causing motion issues. ( none of us have motion issues but we have also never been on such a small ship )

If you know of any reason not to choose these cabins please let me know thank you 

Dan

On 11/15/2019 at 12:07 PM, KATHYMAC68 said:

Did you ever notice an issue with a sewer smell? I’m booked on Nov 30th Deck 2 aft. I heard there’s an odor coming from the bathroom. 

If, by chance, you ever experience the sewer gas smell coming from your cabin's bathroom, try pouring a few glasses of water down the bathroom floor drain.  This will often solve the problem.  The gas-blocking water in the trap can evaporate over time and allow the stench to come through.  Adding water seals it back in again.:classic_wink:

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

If, by chance, you ever experience the sewer gas smell coming from your cabin's bathroom, try pouring a few glasses of water down the bathroom floor drain.  This will often solve the problem.  The gas-blocking water in the trap can evaporate over time and allow the stench to come through.  Adding water seals it back in again.:classic_wink:

Solid advice.  A dry trap can definitely let the odors through.   It happens pretty often in homes where people hardly use some of their sinks.  That trap dries up and whammo!, sewer smell.

Dan

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thank you so much for that tip!

Hope I won’t have to use it... lol