Why is Vantage cruise-line never mentioned

lynncarol

11 minutes ago, lynncarol said:

I have been following and participating in cruisecritic for years but one question still puzzles me. Why is Vantage cruiseline never mentioned? Is it because they don't advertise (except for the many mailings to individuals)?

I did a search, and found several different posts discussing Vantage, as well as this article and others:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4035/

Thanks...perhaps "never" was too strong a word as I too have also found a few (very few) posts about Vantage over the years, but virtually nothing compared to the other river cruise-lines and I wondered why. We have sailed with Vantage 3 times, the last one this past October and have been very pleased but  it would be fun to share comments with other previous passengers occasionally. 

1 hour ago, lynncarol said:

but  it would be fun to share comments with other previous passengers occasionally. 

Someone has to start the conversation. Why not start an "Everything Vantage" thread? You may have to work a little -- or a lot --to get it going but it might be worth it. There are such threads for a number of the cruise lines. I found 4 on the first 3 pages.

All Things Avalon

All Ama cruisers!!! Share expierences and ideas

All Things Grand Circle

All things Riviera Travel UK

5 hours ago, lynncarol said:

I have been following and participating in cruisecritic for years but one question still puzzles me. Why is Vantage cruiseline never mentioned? Is it because they don't advertise (except for the many mailings to individuals)?

Vantage, unlike most of the river cruise lines, is it's own travel agency.  They don't work through other TAs.  And they are quite a bit smaller than, say, Viking, with much fewer boats doing the same itineraries.

3 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Someone has to start the conversation. Why not start an "Everything Vantage" thread?

There is an "All things Vantage" thread, but it hasn't been posted on in several months.

I also found another thread about upcoming itineraries on Vantage:

This goes to @Peregrina651's point:  to keep a thread like All Things Vantage going, someone has to take responsibility to post occasionally [without using the banned word 'bump'] to keep it on page 1.  The thread has 991 posts, but the last was on April 21.

53 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

...someone has to take responsibility to post occasionally [without using the banned word 'bump'] to keep it on page 1.  

Jazzbeau…  could you explain the comment about the banned word??

Thanks.

Fran

5 minutes ago, franski said:

Jazzbeau…  could you explain the comment about the banned word??

Thanks.

Fran

One is not allowed to post a comment just in order to b*mp a topic back to the top. You are supposed to add a meaningful comment to the discussion. (Despite that, you see it happen all the time, even people actually using the word.)

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback. Can't believe I never even knew there was an "All Things Vantage" discussion topic. Looking it over, it seems there is (usually) a flurry of activity after someone posts then long silences.  I am willing to bet there are plenty more like myself that were unaware anyone had ever posted, if there were no recent bumps. Looking at the number of posts by those people who responded to my question, it is obvious that primarily only sophisticated and experienced members  know these things. 

Jazzbleu...I wouldn't mind giving a review but have no idea how to incorporate my photos. Also, how lengthy should it be?

Edited by lynncarol

3 hours ago, lynncarol said:

Thanks for all the feedback. Can't believe I never even knew there was an "All Things Vantage" discussion topic. Looking it over, it seems there is (usually) a flurry of activity after someone posts then long silences.  I am willing to bet there are plenty more like myself that were unaware anyone had ever posted, if there were no recent bumps. Looking at the number of posts by those people who responded to my question, it is obvious that primarily only sophisticated and experienced members  know these things. 

Jazzbleu...I wouldn't mind giving a review but have no idea how to incorporate my photos. Also, how lengthy should it be?

What you posted was fine.  If people have questions, they will ask and give you the opportunity to respond.

Posting photos is much easier in the 'new' Cruise Critic website than it used to be.  At the bottom of the window where you are typing is a light grey strip that says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..."  All you need to do is drag photos from your desktop or a folder – or click on the choose files link and navigate to the appropriate place on your computer.  [I don't know how this works on a phone or pad, since I don't post on Cruise Critic that way.  Maybe someone else can explain that.]