Suitcase Question

wrongwaywatson

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have not been able to drive since Sept.2003.Mrs.66 drives ,however,we never go long distances any longer by car.

That's what I meant.  "Y'all" drive.  So I'd think you luggage wouldn't take as big a beating.

2 minutes ago, clo said:

Did luggage precede cardboard?  🙂

When my father came to the US from the country of his birth in 1913 I believe the suitcase ,then called a valise was made from a material similar to cardboard.I am sure that it took a “beating” till the ship docked in NYC.

16 minutes ago, clo said:

Did luggage precede cardboard?  🙂

You piqued my curiosity, so I had a look at that. Luggage certainly existed before the cardboard box ( invented in the early 1800s). But the suitcase didn't come about untill the very late 1800s.   Before that people used an assortment of valises and trunks. That's my trivia for the day.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mom says said:

That's my trivia for the day

And that's just one of the reasons I like you 🙂  I'm a self-described "info-junkie" and was too lazy to look it up.  Thanks, mom.

I just wanted everyone to know my suitcases were the best you could buy at the dollar store and they did come with a free roll of duck tape 😀. Now let’s get back to the topic. They fit under the bed no problem at all. I was so lucky to get them they were the last  two. I was also promised free duck tape đŸ§»Â If anything happened to them. Now that’s a great guarantee. 👍
   ( I hope this put a smile on your face ) 😊

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

569ACF79-870C-4EE5-AC65-EF298EA5FD64.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2019 at 8:48 AM, voljeep said:

agree about the straps - with our 25 inch black softsided luggage ( yeah, noone else has those ) , we got some off amazon that had flowers by some famous artist ... really stand out and got a couple of comments at both the pre-cruise hotel and ship ...

EDIT - Van Gogh - Sunflowers  ( just checked order history ... )

In addition to the humor from Captain Tony, your post made me smile too.  It's not every day I see Van Gogh's Sunflowers described that way 🙂