Carnival legend

Eli_6

Anyone been on this ship? What did you think?

Also, does anyone know if balconies next to one another adjoin via a door?  In particular the Vista balcony next to the aft? 

I know they do on the Vista, but not sure since this is a different class.

• Like 1

Spirit class balconies do not have a 'door' that can be opened between balconies.  However, the balcony partition swings out and is clamped to the railing, partially obstructing the view of one of the balconies.  However, quite a few years ago they stopped allowing aft balcony partitions to be opened.  These are open balcony partitions on Pride in 2011, when aft balconies could not be opened.

enhance

enhanceEM

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Spirit class balconies do not have a 'door' that can be opened between balconies.  However, the balcony partition swings out and is clamped to the railing, partially obstructing the view of one of the balconies.  However, quite a few years ago they stopped allowing aft balcony partitions to be opened.  These are open balcony partitions on Pride in 2011, when aft balconies could not be opened.

enhance

enhanceEM

Thanks! This answers my question.  I was thinking of booking a Vista balcony next to an Aft Balcony if I could open it up and have a huge balcony, but no point if they don't adjoin.  Might as well book the Vista for me and stick my kids in an interior room.  

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Anyone been on this ship? What did you think?

Also, does anyone know if balconies next to one another adjoin via a door?  In particular the Vista balcony next to the aft? 

I know they do on the Vista, but not sure since this is a different class.

We were in cabin 4237 on Legend this past Summer, our second time in a Vista suite on Legend. The cabin is unique with it's divided layout and of course the balcony is huge; the two deck four cabins are the only ones with a fair amount of overhang to shield you from rain and sun. As to the overall condition of the ship, I would say it was really in good shape. It went in for a two week maintenance in May where some updates/upgrades were done but overall, I couldn't see much that was "brand new." We really like the Spirit class ships in a goldilocks kind of way: not too big, not too small. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joepeka said:

We were in cabin 4237 on Legend this past Summer, our second time in a Vista suite on Legend. The cabin is unique with it's divided layout and of course the balcony is huge; the two deck four cabins are the only ones with a fair amount of overhang to shield you from rain and sun. As to the overall condition of the ship, I would say it was really in good shape. It went in for a two week maintenance in May where some updates/upgrades were done but overall, I couldn't see much that was "brand new." We really like the Spirit class ships in a goldilocks kind of way: not too big, not too small. :classic_biggrin:

Great ship and spectacular itineraries.  Stayed in the same room(s), spectacular.

• Like 2

We were coerced into taking a cruise on the Legend in 2005 from NY. We thought we would never sail with Carnival. You know, drunks running rampant, unruly passengers, etc., etc. Wow, were we mistaken!!! Well, we agreed to give it a try. Before the cruise however, my DH called the cruise line with a question about our cruise. In the course of conversation, the rep asked DH if we might be interested in an upgrade at no extra charge. Why, I don't know. The rep needed his answer very quickly. There were three other couples joining us, all family members. DH quickly called me at work to ask if it would be okay for him to switch us from balcony cabins to (2) wraparound suites and the (2) Suites on either side of the wraparounds. After I picked myself up from the floor, I said yes, absolutely!! We didn't tell our siblings until we boarded the ship...they were very surprised to say the least. 

Anyway, long story short, that was our first Carnival cruise and in Feb. 2020, we will be doing our 25th cruise, and our 7th on the Carnival Pride. We loved the Legend, and we will miss the Pride, but we love leaving from the Port of Baltimore, and we really enjoy the Carnival experience.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, fair-winds39 said:

We were coerced into taking a cruise on the Legend in 2005 from NY. We thought we would never sail with Carnival. You know, drunks running rampant, unruly passengers, etc., etc. Wow, were we mistaken!!! Well, we agreed to give it a try. Before the cruise however, my DH called the cruise line with a question about our cruise. In the course of conversation, the rep asked DH if we might be interested in an upgrade at no extra charge. Why, I don't know. The rep needed his answer very quickly. There were three other couples joining us, all family members. DH quickly called me at work to ask if it would be okay for him to switch us from balcony cabins to (2) wraparound suites and the (2) Suites on either side of the wraparounds. After I picked myself up from the floor, I said yes, absolutely!! We didn't tell our siblings until we boarded the ship...they were very surprised to say the least. 

Anyway, long story short, that was our first Carnival cruise and in Feb. 2020, we will be doing our 25th cruise, and our 7th on the Carnival Pride. We loved the Legend, and we will miss the Pride, but we love leaving from the Port of Baltimore, and we really enjoy the Carnival experience.

nice!

6 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I Will be on the Legend for a second time leaving December 29th, Went on the Legend in 2011. Spirit Class ships are one of my favorite class of ships. 

New Years eve cruises are extremely unique, one of a kind,  Times Squire meets the Caribbean.

This class of ship is one of the best class at sea.  The pool deck has three pools, with the aft pool being adult only.  The passenger ratio to open space means it's rarely crowded.  The ship is updated and beautiful.  Prices are reasonable, food is good, what's not to like!

We favor this size of ship, whether it's Carnival, HAL, Princess, etc.  We do not like the Royal Caribbean product.  Customer service is FAR better on the Carnival product lines in our opinion.

We'll be on the legend in December.  

Edited by Richjoxyz

On 11/15/2019 at 11:34 AM, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I Will be on the Legend for a second time leaving December 29th, Went on the Legend in 2011. Spirit Class ships are one of my favorite class of ships. 

We will be there too! Our second NYE cruise and I’m very excited. 

Plus Spirit class ships are our absolute favorite!

• Like 2

My first cruise ship, Legend.

All we have had here in Australia has been; The Spirit class ships. Spirit here full time for 7 years & The Legend here on & off since 2014. (We don't have her anymore). I'm very sad.

Love the space to passenger ratio & Serenity being at back of the ship...

All the action happens on deck 9 (Lido) food, Pools & serenity. Plus deck 2. Attrium Bar, MDR, Red Frog Pub & main showroom. Had 10 cruises in total on her.

Oh The Decor.. Google it....

I LOVE "THE URN's".

Enjoy your cruise..

Looking forward to our Legend cruise Dec 22nd out of Tampa.  We have been on the Pride 3 times and love it so it will be interesting to compare the two ships.  I know one thing the Legend doesn't have is the Seaside theater.  For those that have sailed both are there any other differences?  

Carnival Legend Roll Call ~ December 22, 2019