Entereing Costa Rica after Panama

jtslattery

NO need for yellow fever shots on that trip!

No one says they are a "must".

You are not staying in the country in the jungle.

You are visiting some parts of the country for a day.

Normal sunscreen with bug spray over it is sufficient IF on an excursion into a jungle area.

We went on the Embera native village excursion in Panama and no shots were necessary for that either!!

• Like 2

Stay away from that vaccination.  It has a very high level of side effects, some permanent.  I got it and I do.

It really is not required unless you are going deep in country, like into the Darien Peninsula.  You do not need it on the cruise ship.

1 hour ago, CZEE said:

Stay away from that vaccination.  It has a very high level of side effects, some permanent.  I got it and I do.

It really is not required unless you are going deep in country, like into the Darien Peninsula.  You do not need it on the cruise ship.

Thanks for sharing it’s good to know it’s has side effects. 
Tony

A number of replies point out that the YF vaccine is not needed for the Panama Canal.

However the question is about visiting Costa Rica.

The answer is the same, no YF required and it does not matter if you had or had not visited the Panama Canal first.

Did a partial transit earlier this year.  Spent time off ship in Panama.  Spent time off ship in Costa Rica.  Spent time off ship in Colombia as well.  None of the ports we went required any kind of vaccination documentation.  Making sure your MMR is up to date would be a smart move but YF is not required, nor checked.

If there is a shot against overly aggressive and obnoxious Colombian Vendors, I would get that. They may have taken over the top spot from the Jamaicans. It has really gotten out of control. It is harassment level now. It used to be a simple No Thank You was enough but now they follow for blocks. We did the Old City Tour and will never do that again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1