Oasis Amped Nov 24-Dec 1: Somewhat Live Review and Getting Ship Shape

Neeny12

Just now, LuCruise said:

I was just looking at the Oasis changes and is it a new Aqua show?  Also it is showing something called One Sky.  Are these shows new/changed?  Cats is still showing though.

Yup.  New Aquatheater show and new main theater show!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be on the Dec 1 sailing right after you.  I've asked this before, but this is first time directed toward someone on the refurbed Oasis......can you check out Playmakers and confirm if they are showing all or multiple NFL games on Sunday (boarding day)?   TIA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raceroc said:

Would love to see pics of the Cruise Compass.

Also reviews and info on the Music Hall.

We are on her on the 8th. Have a GREAT cruise!

I am also looking forward to Music Hall. I hope they still have some seats like Dazzles did as I won’t be able to stand for too long. 
As far as the Compasses, I won’t be posting them in this review.  I think you can search Cruise Compasses on a browser after this sailing and you may be able to track it down. I could mention a couple of sources but it might be promoting other sites which might be against CC rules.

Cruise Compasses can be unique to a specific sailing or not, but if you have something specific you are expecting or looking for you can let me know and I will try to look it up. 

2 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

Interesting fact... the new length is precisely how long i lasted last time I saw Cats (Feb 19 Oasis).... Coincidence? I think not 

If that was intermission, that was us. Otherwise, we tried to respect the cast and fellow cruisers by waiting until intermission. Couldn’t get out of there fast enough. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dajbman22 said:

Also, I know yours is an Easter Carrib and I'm doing the Western itinerary, but if you can report back which nights are the formal nights and maybe snap some MDR menus, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and have an amazing cruise!

I will confirm the formal nights.  
The menus are posted in the app so I won’t be posting photos of them.

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

I was just looking at the Oasis changes and is it a new Aqua show?  Also it is showing something called One Sky.  Are these shows new/changed?  Cats is still showing though.

OP looking forward to your review.

We booked the 80’s Aqua Show but not One Sky. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

I'll be on the Dec 1 sailing right after you.  I've asked this before, but this is first time directed toward someone on the refurbed Oasis......can you check out Playmakers and confirm if they are showing all or multiple NFL games on Sunday (boarding day)?   TIA.

I think they are supposed to show 10 or so games? I just want to see if they will show the 107th Grey Cup which is the Canadian Championship game on the 24th.  😁🏈

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bobkins40 said:

CANT WAIT TO SEE HER ! Not sailing until March.

Please post compass- I'm a planner and the app just doesn't give me enough info !

hoping the rooms are upgraded !

Rooms were not upgraded beyond replacing wear and tear items and upgrading to RFID door locks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dajbman22 said:

Also, I know yours is an Easter Carrib and I'm doing the Western itinerary, but if you can report back which nights are the formal nights and maybe snap some MDR menus, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and have an amazing cruise!

Just an FYI you can see each nights MDR menu in the Royal App quite a ways out from sailing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

It's not showing for this Sunday's Oasis sailing, so unlikely to be on the app for any subsequent sailings.

Interesting, I just double checked and it is there for my Feb 23rd Anthem Cruise but it’s too early to view my May 17th Oasis Cruise. 

8 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

It's not showing for this Sunday's Oasis sailing, so unlikely to be on the app for any subsequent sailings.

DallasGuy75219:

I have an iPhone and even though the App Store had no update, it wasn’t really updated. You have to logout but my app doesn’t have that on my iPhone. I deleted the app then downloaded it again from the App store and everything was now there - including MDR menus, new deck plans, etc. Try to do this at home as you never know how good Voom will be on a sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neeny12 said:

DallasGuy75219:

I have an iPhone and even though the App Store had no update, it wasn’t really updated. You have to logout but my app doesn’t have that on my iPhone. I deleted the app then downloaded it again from the App store and everything was now there - including MDR menus, new deck plans, etc. Try to do this at home as you never know how good Voom will be on a sailing.

i just tried this- still no menus  I sail March 1st-  is it just to early ?

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Watching LIVE feeds from the ship now..getting me super excited for Sunday.  The updates look amazing..and love the outdoor Solarium area that's above the new bridge area!

where can I find this- so excited to see her