Oasis Amped Nov 24-Dec 1: Somewhat Live Review and Getting Ship Shape

Neeny12

2016 was our last and only sailing on Oasis. We’ve been on Allure a few times and Harmony once. I’ll post photos and comments when I can.
We are so excited to see the new changes on Oasis.

Balcony room on the bump or hump.

It’s been a year since our last cruise. I had a knee replacement early in May that I’m still recovering from. I’ll have a walker on standby. Lots of trips to the onboard gym and going to try Aqua classes if I can get in the pool.

Labadee: Lounger for two on the Beach

San Juan: Hope to walk around town

St. Thomas: Magens Bay
We are not upper tier or suite so no access to Coastal Kitchen or Diamond Lounge.

Bags are only half packed but we’re ready to go. 🎶😁

Edited by Neeny12
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Can't wait to follow along. 

Thanks for joining us.🙂

2 hours ago, renza said:

Looking forward to seeing some pictures. I will be on Oasis for the 3rd time in March. I have been on all the oasis class ships. Thank you for bring us along. 

You’re very welcome.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Can’t wait to hear about it.  We are sailing on her over Christmas. 

I’m hoping they will decorate early for the holidays. It was a day or so before US Thanksgiving on one of our previous cruises. We’re Canadian 🇨🇦 and are looking forward to having a 2nd Thanksgiving on the ship.

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Fantastic, very excited. Will be on Oasis in February for a 50th birthday cruise. 

Congratulations! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'd love to see the song list from CATS

We’ve seen it already on another sailing so we are passing on it this time but I will ask. My question is how does Bella feel about CATS?😉

1 hour ago, Neeny12 said:

We’ve seen it already on another sailing so we are passing on it this time but I will ask. My question is how does Bella feel about CATS?😉

She's a big fan. To bad you are skipping it, this is an updated version. 90 minutes with no intermission 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

She's a big fan. To bad you are skipping it, this is an updated version. 90 minutes with no intermission 

I really loved the music and it is included in the fare but on a 7 day cruise it’s a one and done for us.  Nothing against the production as it was fantastic and I highly recommend to anyone that hasn’t seen it to attend. 🎶🎶

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

To bad you are skipping it, this is an updated version. 90 minutes with no intermission 

Interesting fact... the new length is precisely how long i lasted last time I saw Cats (Feb 19 Oasis).... Coincidence? I think not 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also, I know yours is an Easter Carrib and I'm doing the Western itinerary, but if you can report back which nights are the formal nights and maybe snap some MDR menus, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and have an amazing cruise!

Edited by Dajbman22
  • Like 1

Everyone is talking as if Cats is a sure thing, so I assume this is posted clearly somewhere?  We were on Oasis in Jan 2017, and saw Cats then.  One of the reasons I was cool with going in Jan 2020 was that after the refurb *surely* they'd have new entertainment!  The online Cruise Planner still has absolutely nothing for the Jan 5 sailing, so I presumed they were holding back some announcement on what the new show would be until the media sailing....  But I'm sensing from this thread -- it's Cats.  Still.

At least my wife and kids will be happy with it, I guess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tinious said:

Everyone is talking as if Cats is a sure thing, so I assume this is posted clearly somewhere?  We were on Oasis in Jan 2017, and saw Cats then.  One of the reasons I was cool with going in Jan 2020 was that after the refurb *surely* they'd have new entertainment!  The online Cruise Planner still has absolutely nothing for the Jan 5 sailing, so I presumed they were holding back some announcement on what the new show would be until the media sailing....  But I'm sensing from this thread -- it's Cats.  Still.

At least my wife and kids will be happy with it, I guess.

I was just looking at the Oasis changes and is it a new Aqua show?  Also it is showing something called One Sky.  Are these shows new/changed?  Cats is still showing though.

OP looking forward to your review.

• Like 1