Are platinum members always allowed in elite lounge?

JJean

4 hours ago, memoak said:

We only attend if the "snack" is something we like

Like the shrimp tower and the seafood sauce is amazing, I wish they would bottle it and sell it, lol.

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I read this thread with some degree of amusement.  There are few more boring places to be then the Princess "Elite" lounge during the cocktail "discount" time.    Lets face it, why would most of us bother dragging ourselves to a cocktail party where we are able to get a small discount on a small selection.  The other issue is that many Princess cruisers have a drink package so they have no real motivation to go to the Elite functions.   I am not knocking those who enjoy this kind of thing, but on our upcoming 20 days on the Enchantment you will not find DW and I ever at those pre dinner Elite functions.  But you will find us at another friendly bar somewhere on the ship.

One mild criticism I have long had about Princess is just how lousy the benefits are for Elites.  We do appreciate the free laundry/dry cleaning on longer cruises.  But a slight discount on a few cocktails might be compared to Celebrity or RCI where comparable levels get 2 hours a day of free drinks (and some nice snacks).  And the new Internet packages take away much of the value we used to get from lots of free Internet minutes.    Oh, I did forget about the free mini-bar set-up (only once per cruise).

Hank

Hank,  while you and DW stay away from the 'P,E,S' cocktail hour, many  in our rather large group of friends meet there for a cocktail and then go to dinner.  We've had as many as 12 to 14 meet at the 'local bar' to share our advertures of the day, while sipping a cocktail and then... some go to dinner, others go to early show, others go back to cabin to order room service and watch a movie.  There's something for all of us.  Yes, the food leaves much to be desired.

I can't wait to get back on ship and enjoy whatever dry land does not offer.

Cheers,

Franky  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 8:17 AM, Daniel A said:

I have a 28 day cruise booked on the Star.  We are Platinum Level.  If Star is denying entry to platinum members in the PES lounge, then I will likely cancel the booking and look for a similar itinerary on another line.  I would encourage other platinum members to stop sailing on the Star or any other ship that is taking our lounge away.  After all, it is a loyalty program and loyalty is a two way street.  What satxdiver is reporting is clearly disloyalty to platinum members.

Wow!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Carolina Cruisers 2 said:

Hank,  while you and DW stay away from the 'P,E,S' cocktail hour, many  in our rather large group of friends meet there for a cocktail and then go to dinner.  We've had as many as 12 to 14 meet at the 'local bar' to share our advertures of the day, while sipping a cocktail and then... some go to dinner, others go to early show, others go back to cabin to order room service and watch a movie.  There's something for all of us.  Yes, the food leaves much to be desired.

I can't wait to get back on ship and enjoy whatever dry land does not offer.

Cheers,

Franky  

I'm with ya. I prefer a relaxing quiet place to rendezvous. I find standing in line or seating in a crowded lounge, listening to others ramble on about the food doesn't  meet their lofty goals, the shops on board are over priced, the shows are too loud, the smell of cigarette smoke is annoying them, the internet is slow ....  

• Like 1