Worst Back to Back Ever Experienced

wizard-of-roz

51 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Service dogs are given a box with grass to do their stuff in. Roz was saying Princess doesn't allow it on the balcony but several decks away in an area. She has to get the dog there. She mentioned on other cruise lines the special box is right there on balcony.That is the only accommodation she was referring to.

And Princess Luver, when was the last time you needed help yourself from Princess and have a handicap? You are answering for  the masses. I hope you aren't ever in Roz' 

position.Someone you don't even know, please don't label her entitled. She is a very nice lady, handicapped, widow , traveling with a service dog, taking care of  herself and Horton.  And we have met them in person. 

Sue, thank you for your kind and compelling comments.  I do hope that we get to meet again on board another cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

And Princess Luver, when was the last time you needed help yourself from Princess and have a handicap? You are answering for  the masses. I hope you aren't ever in Roz' 

position.Someone you don't even know, please don't label her entitled. She is a very nice lady, handicapped, widow , traveling with a service dog, taking care of  herself and Horton.  And we have met them in person. 

I never take the victim role in life........

Edited by PrincessLuver

14 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

I never take the victim role in life........

It's NOT my nature to take the "victim's role" in any aspect of my life.  If you knew me, you'd certainly know that that is true.  I live my life to the fullest extent that I can.  It is necessary for me to walk with a walker and to use a Service Dog because of my life's circumstances. 

When I had my dear husband with me his life became so much a part of mine when my health issues presented that I insisted on finding another way that I could remain independent, keep working a full time job and continue to travel, while allowing him to maintain his independence, as well.

I found Canine Companions for Independence and interviewed for a Service Dog.  When I was accepted into their program and offered an amazing canine hero to walk by my side, I also accepted the responsibility of keeping him safe and secure while he lived his life with me.

I don't want nor expect any special compensations for my disability, I just ask for reasonable accommodations and a decent place for my canine partner to relieve himself, while I'm traveling with him.  And, I ask that he not be put through any more stress or uncomfortable conditions than any other passenger would be put through.  I should not have put him through the "walk".

• Like 1

I don't want to be treated any differently than anyone else, 

Sure you do. Apparently, you want a special exemption from the immigration process based on your status. 

There may not be anything wrong with that, but you do want to be treated different. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

I don't want to be treated any differently than anyone else, 

Sure you do. Apparently, you want a special exemption from the immigration process based on your status. 

There may not be anything wrong with that, but you do want to be treated different. 

You obviously don't know me and therefore lack the ability to "judge" me.  If you knew me you'd know that I am an independent spirit and will do everything in my power to keep up with and fit into the norm,  not allowing my physical disabilities to dictate my limitations.  

What I want is the "process" to be made more manageable for all concerned.  I want the process to be fair for EVERYONE, therefore allowing all participants to truly be part of the process and not be made to feel differently from one another!

I like being around others, no matter what they can or can not do.  I like sharing travel experiences and fun adventures with everyone.  

Edited by wizard-of-roz
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Of course.

If you signed the agreement then you knew what was expected of you and the animal. Enough said.

You keep saying that you don't want to be treated any differently than others however, I have noted that you start most of your sentences with, "What I want", "I want", "I expect".  I would respectfully suggest that you address your issues to those with the authority to make changes and in this case it would be US Customs and Boarder Protection.  You want to keep claiming Princess did you wrong when Princess must follow the instructions received from Customs.  Maybe your next post should start out with, "I have filed a complaint with US Customs and Board Protection".  

• Like 2

I suggest moving this thread to the disability forum where there will possibly be some better understanding of the hardships encountered by others who have special needs. All the best to OP on your next cruise/ vacation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh my goodness, such mean responses.

If anyone has done a back to back in that terminal in San Pedro (the one with the tent, not the usual one) will know that it is complete mess. Not just for handicapped people but for average passenger with no disability.

Roz you are on one of my cruises in the spring. See you and Horton then.

• Like 1

wow sorry to hear about your experience.

I was in Copenhagen on the Serenade of the Seas, and all we had to do was gather in a lounge, swipe out, wait until count got to zero and the we got new cards and swiped in again. Off we went to our rooms and other parts of the ship.

easy peasy for me.  I am guessing it has to do with each port and cruise line.

Best to ask when making reservations.

10 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow sorry to hear about your experience.

I was in Copenhagen on the Serenade of the Seas, and all we had to do was gather in a lounge, swipe out, wait until count got to zero and the we got new cards and swiped in again. Off we went to our rooms and other parts of the ship.

easy peasy for me.  I am guessing it has to do with each port and cruise line.

Best to ask when making reservations.

Exactly what I've experienced in the past.

6 hours ago, CruisingAlong4Now said:

To those who won't understand what it means to make reasonable accommodations,  just remember that karma is a b....

Roz, you go girl!!🦴 (that's for Horton)

You are so kind and I truly appreciate your encouraging remarks.  Horton thanks you for the treat.   Have a wonderful holiday season!

6 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Oh my goodness, such mean responses.

If anyone has done a back to back in that terminal in San Pedro (the one with the tent, not the usual one) will know that it is complete mess. Not just for handicapped people but for average passenger with no disability.

Roz you are on one of my cruises in the spring. See you and Horton then.

Please come over and say hello.  I look forward to a wonderful cruise on board the Golden.

9 hours ago, dog said:

I suggest moving this thread to the disability forum where there will possibly be some better understanding of the hardships encountered by others who have special needs. All the best to OP on your next cruise/ vacation. 

I have a thread in the disability section......."Cruising With a Service Dog Everything You Ever Wanted To Know".......Thank you for your good wishes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, whitecap said:

If you signed the agreement then you knew what was expected of you and the animal. Enough said.

You keep saying that you don't want to be treated any differently than others however, I have noted that you start most of your sentences with, "What I want", "I want", "I expect".  I would respectfully suggest that you address your issues to those with the authority to make changes and in this case it would be US Customs and Boarder Protection.  You want to keep claiming Princess did you wrong when Princess must follow the instructions received from Customs.  Maybe your next post should start out with, "I have filed a complaint with US Customs and Board Protection".  

FYI - Signing the agreement in no way explains what to expect in a Back/Back cruise or the accommodations or lack thereof that will be made for your dog's ability to relieve himself.  And, in no way, alleviates Princess' duty to provide a comfortable experience.  It, in no way, explains or addresses what inconveniences you or your canine partner may be subjected to.  I don't expect Princess or anyone else to care for, feed, toilet or generally care for my canine partner.  We are completely independent and self sustaining.  

The ability for a cruise line to attend to the comfort and care of their passengers is NOT up to any other authority than the cruise line itself and for you to "respectfully suggest" anything else is, excuse me,  "respectfully ignorant!" 

May I suggest that you walk in my shoes before you make negative, insincere or unkind suggestions or comments.

25 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

FYI - Signing the agreement in no way explains what to expect in a Back/Back cruise or the accommodations or lack thereof that will be made for your dog's ability to relieve himself.  And, in no way, alleviates Princess' duty to provide a comfortable experience.  It, in no way, explains or addresses what inconveniences you or your canine partner may be subjected to.  I don't expect Princess or anyone else to care for, feed, toilet or generally care for my canine partner.  We are completely independent and self sustaining.  

The ability for a cruise line to attend to the comfort and care of their passengers is NOT up to any other authority than the cruise line itself and for you to "respectfully suggest" anything else is, excuse me,  "respectfully ignorant!" 

May I suggest that you walk in my shoes before you make negative, insincere or unkind suggestions or comments.

My suggestion was not negative, insincere or unkind.  You keep blaming Princess for something they have no control over.  My suggestion was to contact the organization that was in control, Customs, and voice your displeasure to them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whitecap said:

My suggestion was not negative, insincere or unkind.  You keep blaming Princess for something they have no control over.  My suggestion was to contact the organization that was in control, Customs, and voice your displeasure to them.

The OP is not interested in any help or suggestions.....they know everything about everything.....I am sure karma was at play in the "WORST Back to Back" ever!!!  Also, they seem to think that  because you use the word "respectfully" before an insult it is somehow not an insult.....if it was such a horrendous experience then there are ways for them to file a grievance with Princess.....end of story!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

The OP is not interested in any help or suggestions.....they know everything about everything.....I am sure karma was at play in the "WORST Back to Back" ever!!!  Also, they seem to think that  because you use the word "respectfully" before an insult it is somehow not an insult.....if it was such a horrendous experience then there are ways for them to file a grievance with Princess.....end of story!!!

Somehow; helpful, positive and constructive works wonders in allaying bad and negative experiences.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Somehow; helpful, positive and constructive works wonders in allaying bad and negative experiences.

wizard-of-roz; this is me trying to be helpful and positive:  you can direct your displeasure for the Customs procedure that you described to:  

US Customs and Boarder Protection

300 S. Ferry Street

Los Angeles, CA. 90781

After you file your complaint with Customs, please come back on Cruise Critic and let everyone know the result.

Roz -

A friend recently reminded how bad her B2B was several years ago in San Pedro (as we were boarding the day she turned around). We did a B2B and had turn around the following week. Ours was not bad at all. I think the main difference was our ship started in one pier and returned to a different pier. It maybe pier dependent at this location as to how bad it is. Though that would be impossible to find out when one books a cruise and I don't remember which was the bad pier and the good pier.

Theresa

19 hours ago, whitecap said:

wizard-of-roz; this is me trying to be helpful and positive:  you can direct your displeasure for the Customs procedure that you described to:  

US Customs and Boarder Protection

300 S. Ferry Street

Los Angeles, CA. 90781

After you file your complaint with Customs, please come back on Cruise Critic and let everyone know the result.

Thank you for your good information.  I had already written a letter to U.S. Customs office and was sent a reply, this is how it read:   "All systems as to how or where the Back to Back Passenger In Transit portfolio is handled is decided by and planned by each individual cruise line.  You need to contact the cruise line directly if you experienced any problems or inconveniences in reference to same."

I have followed up by contacting the cruise line, the Access Dept.,  my Travel Agent, and management of the Cruise Line.  

I don't have any Back to Back cruises planned in my future. 

I like cruising, I like most everything about it.  I will not allow what happened to me and my canine partner to ever happen again.

Again, thank you to everyone for your suggestions and input.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Thank you for your good information.  I had already written a letter to U.S. Customs office and was sent a reply, this is how it read:   "All systems as to how or where the Back to Back Passenger In Transit portfolio is handled is decided by and planned by each individual cruise line.  You need to contact the cruise line directly if you experienced any problems or inconveniences in reference to same."

I have followed up by contacting the cruise line, the Access Dept.,  my Travel Agent, and management of the Cruise Line.  

I don't have any Back to Back cruises planned in my future. 

I like cruising, I like most everything about it.  I will not allow what happened to me and my canine partner to ever happen again.

Again, thank you to everyone for your suggestions and input.  

Thanks for posting this. It may be very helpful for others who give / need advice in the future.