3 night Panorama Inaugural Live!

heffy2

5 minutes ago, tandemcruzr said:

Thanks. Yes, I agree on the Mardi Gras but can't see it on the Radiance.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news-headlines/shaqs-new-big-chicken-restaurant-will-be-aboard-carnival-radiance 

Passion for food and fun

'Shaq has brought so much to our brand as chief fun officer and we are always looking for ways to expand on this wonderful relationship and provide our guests with new ways to "Choose Fun,”' Carnival Cruise Line president Christine Duffy said. 'Knowing his passion for food and fun, we’re thrilled to work with Shaq to bring the first Big Chicken at sea aboard the totally transformed Carnival Radiance.'

'Big Chicken has been a dream of mine and now that our land-based restaurant is open, it’s only natural to bring it to sea, as well,' O'Neal said. 'I’m really excited that Carnival Radiance guests will be able to enjoy my own delicious creations alongside all the other great food offerings on board.'

Lido Deck location

Located aft on Lido Deck, Big Chicken will serve fried chicken favorites, all developed and taste-tested by O'Neal, based on his own recipes. A variety of chicken sandwiches will be featured, with playful monikers inspired by Shaq’s litany of clever nicknames for himself, along with his own take on traditional sides.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to my cruise in Oct 2020 of the new ship.  I booked early and got a great price on aft balcony for me going solo.  Was almost like half price.

I hope the ship is not tired from the long trek down around the South American cape and up to LA.

My goodness what a long haul before taking on paying passengers. 

And LA congrats on getting a new year round ship.  They need it and more should come.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I am looking forward to my cruise in Oct 2020 of the new ship.  I booked early and got a great price on aft balcony for me going solo.  Was almost like half price.

I hope the ship is not tired from the long trek down around the South American cape and up to LA.

My goodness what a long haul before taking on paying passengers. 

And LA congrats on getting a new year round ship.  They need it and more should come.

Let’s hope they can consistently fill her

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jules Vacations said:

I will be on the same sailing.  So excited!  Will there be any special events for the 1st sailing?  I was told she will already be decorated for the holidays 🙂

I'm really not sure about special events, but I do know that she will be decorated. John said today that he'll be posting videos from around the ship before she gets to San Pedro. 

I'd like a little advice. I've sailed in Dream and Magic, and have been to the Steakhouse on both ships. It's a wonderful value and the food is awesome. I have reservations for JiJi's and the Steakhouse, but I've never eaten in Cucina. Should I try and change my steakhouse reservation to Cucina once onboard?

On 12/3/2019 at 6:22 AM, Joebucks said:

Sounds like a memorable event indeed. If I can ask, when you say it was expensive, how much was it?

My outside cabin was almost $600 per person for a 3 night sailing. 

On 12/3/2019 at 6:24 PM, amyotravel said:

Lido Deck location

Located aft on Lido Deck, Big Chicken will serve fried chicken favorites, all developed and taste-tested by O'Neal, based on his own recipes. A variety of chicken sandwiches will be featured, with playful monikers inspired by Shaq’s litany of clever nicknames for himself, along with his own take on traditional sides.

You are correct. Looks like Chicken is going to be where the Seafood Shack was on the Lido Deck aft and the Seafood is moving to the where the Chopsticks place was. Don't know if Chopsticks moved.

I was on the inaugural cruise of Carnival Elation in 98 and brought it out from Miami to San Pedro.  It was nice but nothing spectacular.  Carnival ship decorator, Joe Farkas, was onboard and he was a great guy. They shot a lot of pics and were filming commercials onboard so areas were cordoned off. Kathy Lee Gifford also embarked in LA to film her singing commercial.  

I thought it would be a bit more special being an inaugural with maybe a special gift to the first guests but nothing.  It was still a very good trip and it was special to me and I enjoyed it tremendously and know you will too.

I’m booked on the January 11 voyage and booked it in March of 2018 and never waited this long for a cruise either but it was really cheap for a cove balcony.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and look forward to hearing about it.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 11:41 AM, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Jumping in to say hello. I'll be on this inaugural sailing (with a colleague to follow on the first seven-day voyage). Looking forward to the hoopla and excitement of a new ship, particularly on the West Coast! 

Woo! Hopefully we run into each other🙂

On 11/29/2019 at 2:05 PM, heffy2 said:

boarding doesn't start until 2pm

Really? My boarding time is 1:00PM.... does this mean we will just be checking in and then standing around the terminal until 2? Where did you learn that the boarding time was at 2? I never know where to find that kind of information....

2 hours ago, dzfitch said:

Really? My boarding time is 1:00PM.... does this mean we will just be checking in and then standing around the terminal until 2? Where did you learn that the boarding time was at 2? I never know where to find that kind of information....

Is 1PM your Arrival Appointment time?  If it is, then that's the time you're supposed to arrive at the terminal.  Your boarding will be whatever time they call you after that.  

11 minutes ago, naxer said:

Is 1PM your Arrival Appointment time?  If it is, then that's the time you're supposed to arrive at the terminal.  Your boarding will be whatever time they call you after that.  

So do we know for certain that the ship isn't boarding until 2? Where can we find that info? I've done this itinerary out of Long Beach on the smaller ships more than 30 times, and the ships never board that late so I just want to confirm and plan accordingly 🙂 

5 minutes ago, dzfitch said:

So do we know for certain that the ship isn't boarding until 2? Where can we find that info? I've done this itinerary out of Long Beach on the smaller ships more than 30 times, and the ships never board that late so I just want to confirm and plan accordingly 🙂 

I would not know, and you have far more experience at LB than I do, lol.  I've sailed out of there once. 😊  You mentioned that you had a 1PM boarding time?  Where did you see that?  

On 12/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Let’s hope they can consistently fill her

I have a bet (just beer nothing too serious) with a friend and long time Carnival cruiser who doesn’t think Panorama will last two years on the West coast. I think it will last longer than that for several reasons. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 11:21 AM, heffy2 said:

I'm really not sure about special events, but I do know that she will be decorated. John said today that he'll be posting videos from around the ship before she gets to San Pedro. 

San Pedro? You mean Long Beach? 

6 hours ago, dzfitch said:

I can't believe boarding doesn't start until 2pm. How could they get 4000 people on in a couple hours. The wife and I aren't buying it.

• Like 1